Yeah I guess so

Millions of gamers at least

>took itself too seriously
>Orcs were great
>Humans were shit
>could have used another hour since they're trying to world build

People expected it to be shit, so.. yes

its a fuck you I liked it for me

I enjoyed it, but I couldn't remember if it was WoW-canon or Warcraft-canon. Since WoW went back and changed shit.

The weak casting really killed it. Paula Patton was good, Ben Foster did OK, but Travis Fimmel was way out of his depth, and random characters having thick contemporary American accents really didn't work either in my view, especially for the younger actors.

It didn't live up to my hype but it's an enjoyable flick nonetheless. Orc scenes were literally 10/10. They fucked up the human storyline, because they was no emotional core or reason to care for Ragnar Lothbrok, although he was pretty cool in the movie. I liked the wizard kid though, and stormwind looked great. Except for the interior sets, which looked like some reality show set. 6.9/10 desu

I've never played a Warcraft game.

Will I enjoy this movie?

>8 years of hype
>2 years of production

no. no it did not.

it was a retarded amalgamation of both.

it's probably more enjoyable for those unfamiliar because they butchered the already weak lore.

if you like fantasy, yeah. it's a fun flick, nothing more, though it could have been. nice visuals too.

>gamers
pffftHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it seemed the most rushed movie of 2016.
it feels like an hour of it is missing.
butchered theatrical cut?

Worth watching if you enjoy shiny cheesy fantasy

Everyone expected it to suck.
It sucked per expectation.
The bad part is, the Chinese loved it, so expect more garbage like this to be cranked out until either the Chinese develop decent taste in films or their economy crashes.

this. i remember watching the 2014 blizzcon panel for the movie. 40 min of them hyping up this shit. gods, i was so hyped then. this was my most anticipated movie of current year-1. it ended up being a mildly fun flick, and nothing like the kino that was promised. such a shame, because they got the orcs so right, and the best villain of 2016.

The Warcraft movie feels almost like it begins halfway through another movie.

They really could have used a movie before this one to property set up everything.

it killed David Bowie. thats its only real achievement.

Yeah about 40 minutes cut
Wont ever see it though because all is with unfinished CG and the movie didn't make money to warrant the cost

what he said, it took itself way too seriously yet it doesn't bother to establish its world and its characters at all.

ah that explains a lot. it jumped from scene to scene way too quickly without really explaining why.