Tesla 3 to be fully autonomous, drive itself, Elon Musk is God

The Tesla 3 will be fully autonomous and self-driving. This new era of self-driving cars is simply one aspect of the new Artificial intelligence age.

Are you hyped to never drive again and let a computer do it? By 2025, human control of driving will be banned. All cars will be owned by corporations and act as Taxis, individual car ownership will be outlawed.

Article: electrek.co/2016/06/02/tesla-model-3-fully-autonomous-elon-musk/

Fully autonomous driving is expected to be the main new feature to be announced at the event and now Musk did everything but confirm it during a conference yesterday.

He then added that it will be “really big news” when he starts talking about it and that Tesla will do the “obvious thing”.

The obvious thing is fully autonomous driving. It’s what everyone has been talking about since Tesla unveiled the Model 3 prototype without any instrument cluster, and it’s also what they were talking about when Musk referred to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8nOHNu2FG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So it'll drive itself straight to the garbage heap?

In the future these things won't exist.

- Parking Spaces, garages, driveways
- Humans Driving or any driving related job like trucking
- Car Accidents and traffic jams of any kind
- Individual Car ownership and car insurance
- Car Maintenance, seriously reduced (by 99%)

In addition the total number of cars will be reduced by 80% or more and most will be fully electric.

Tesla = Scam.
Musk = Scammer.
SpaceX = Loss.
Musk = Loser.

>- Car Maintenance, seriously reduced (by 99%)
Uh no

This is the rolls royce autonomous vehicle

This is the future of cars

We are all passengers.

Also this isn't the biggest or most important change, just the one average people can grok the most.

Cease the means of production, do it now!

Lard ass overdrive he has shifted into.

too bad tesla is a fucking garbage company and any reason why you would idolize this retard is completely beyond me

How do self drivers handle dangerous situations?

Like that guy who has a car that he can take manual control of at any time pushing yours out of the way because he is in a hurry.

What about a psycho who wants to shoot drivers who move at a very predictable rate of speed?

If he is really mean and into trajectory calculations he can sit on the other side of a hill with a camera feed that watches the road he wants to attack.

He doesn't do it for free.

How does this shit heap work? It's doesn't even have a steering wheel for manual control in case if something goes wrong?

>yfw wife gonna takes his half of money so we wont conquer universe

EV + huge reduction in total cars

How is it going to go over speedbumps without denting the box around the wheels?

By that logic, we should ban trains.

uh yes

there's no engine or transmission, there's not much maintenance on electrics bro

>gets stuck on residential speed bumps

No one is going to give up driving

Its never going to happen, driving is fun.

Self Driving cars are today's version of the flying car

This is how you will travel within 5 years in major cities.

speed bumps? we don't need speed bumps where were going.

Assault car ban in my life time?

Too bad Tesla isn't the only one

there are huge budgets going towards autonomous

billions upon billions upon billions all over the world

interesting you said grok, when i saw the image i thought of Heinlein's Job

having fun will be forbidden in our life time

silly situations

Musk please gib car

And then expect a watch dog to hack your car to drive it in 300 mph in every direction

That looks like it was designed by an autistic 7 year old with access to only lego blocks and a half sharpened crayon

Who gives a shit

Even if they cut car crashes in half every year, you are talking about 20k scandals a year..

Are you stupid?

>Naming your vehicle the IED

We should let the mean of production develop a few more before ceasing it.

>Son of Maye nee (((Haldeman)))

good goyim... worship the best White™ businessman on the planet

Used car market set to collapse in under 10 years.

>mfw everyone said leasing was for idiots

Enjoy trading your car in for scrap metal auto cucks.

fuck that driving is fun

It's a concept car

>square tires

Nothing is more fun to me than driving. Emission laws and self driving cars make me cringe so hard.

Most car maintenance does not involve the engine or transmission, but everything else.
Might aswell go for Electric buses then, 99% sounds ridiculous.

USEFUL REMINDER THAT

ELON MUSK

IS A CRYPTOKIKE ELEVATED BY CIA WITH POPULACE MONEY TAXES

ALSO

HIS ENTERPRENEURSHIP WITH NASA IS REALLY REALLY SHADY

Who else is going to make sure to have a classic, non-cucked vehicle when this shit becomes commonplace, and what will you have?

praise lucifer

0-60 in less than 6 seconds.
Thats at the base price.

Except everyone will and there are many, many ways it can be forced.

First of all, giving up driving means never paying car insurance again, you also don' have to pay for a car itself.

He more than likely diddles child actors on the DL, then.

>Are you hyped
I'm rather terrified to be completely desu with you my kin

>Are you hyped to never drive again?

YES I'M FUCKING HYPE AS FUCK.

>maintenance is the fleet's problem, not my problem
>shitposting on the way to work
>can enjoy the scenery on long drives
>won't end up quadriplegic if I drive drunk like happened to a guy I know
>won't end up killing someone else and being really sad about it like in that A Simple Plan song
>no more speeding tickets ever

We are entering a golden age, you fucks. This is some Jetsons-tier shit and you can do is whine about it.

have you ever seen a car? what do you think an oil change is?

jesus fucking christ

Looking forward to this, people that don't like driving should not be driving. This car should replace every box with automatic transmission.

you can have fun

in a safe bubble

They'd need to stagger start times for work days so that there aren't thousands of unused cars sitting around in the middle of the day if they really wanted things to be efficient. We all know that won't happen though. At least you can jerk off in rush hour traffic now.

guess you can look at it and maybe drive it on your own property, pretty sure humans will be kicked off the road once automation takes hold. drivers licenses are going to be something only few people have, much like pilots of today.

Cab drivers on suicide wash

Im guessing you've only driven a Toyota Camry.

The gains are much, much, much, much higher than 50% of crashes.

Just think of the savings for capital investors in areas like Uber or Trucking. You cut costs significantly and can keep near the same prices for consumers.

those 7 year leases are going to fuck retards over so much

>All of these luddites that irrationally hat Musk
Please give me your reasons, this thread is mind boggling

>240z

Fuck yes.

Either a 240z, or a Saab 99 EMS. I wish it was easier to find the early 80s Audi Quattros, I've got a Group B itch to scratch.

>a fucking leaf
Faggot, an engine can run for 300k miles with nothing but routine filter and oil changes.

Tires, brakes, struts, bearings, and the lubrication of rotating parts will always be the most maintenance intensive items on a road vehicle.

The only thing a Tesla replaces that eats shit and dies on a regular basis is a transmission. That is it. Oh, and bending a rear panel on a Tesla totals the motherfucker.

Jesus. Read above.

This. Humans will not be trusted to operate their vehicles on public roads.

It's even worse for people who actually bought their cars, like idiots.

>stagger start times
these are computer controlled
it could tailgate like a mofo because it would have instant reaction times
also could get rid of traffic lights if human drivers are removed from the equasion

what else on an EV?

Keep in mind car ownership will swap from individuals to ride sharing companies. So it will be all similar EV models, all repaired by the company.

A computer will likely do 90% of the maintenance.

How often are the sensors going to need to be checked?

>are you hyped
>human control of driving will be banned
You must be a leftist if you celebrate being stripped of your freedoms.

You're right, I've never driven a muscle car, classic car, sports car or supercar. Maybe I'd be less willing to trade the pleasure of driving for the 30,000 American lives taken in car crashes every year if I had, but we're unlikely to find out.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure truckers will be very happy. I'm looking forward to that as well.

Nothing stopping me from jerking off in traffic now friend

>>no more speeding tickets ever
I just wish we had a competent government that understood the required infrastructure changes

you also have to factor in the huge savings in healthcare, emergency response, police, and transport costs.

Truckers/transport makes up a significant portion of workforce in america

Great, the first step towards a nanny state where it's illegal to drive your own car.

>Lancia Delta

youtube.com/watch?v=G8nOHNu2FG4

I just can't imagine the infrastructure overhaul needed to get this to work as op believes.

Stay in denial auto cuck, now might be a good time to sell your Ford Taurus while it's still worth more than $100 though.

Not really. Rush hour transit times would be reduced significantly. Also even in the middle of the day there are plenty of cars in driveways/home garages.

Whatever the peak number of cars are ever on the road, is more than is required post automation.

Have you ever seen a car? what do you think a tire change, suspension, ball joints, any of the 100 electronic sensors on the car, wheel,brakes and pads, cooling filter, Rust is? Part of maintenance.

Most engine troubles and transmission troubles occur less often then everything else

People change their oil every 5 to 7000 miles normally, ive worked on cars since young age, "jesus fucking christ"

You should know this moose, you also got shitty roads.

There are thousands of unused cars sitting around in the middle of the day right now. In a fleet system, the same car that got a nine-to-fiver to work will be taking retirees to the grocery store instead of collecting bird shit in the company parking lot for eight hours.

I seriously don't understand why people want this shit... I love driving, and if I don't want to drive, I can just Uber... It just seems like there's so many things that could go wrong...

I drive for a living and I don't want to be on the road with these fucking things

Don't you want some minority driving you around?

Why would you rather have an autonomous car that costs less and drives safely?

Cagers are cucks

News at 11

>I drive for a living and I don't want to be on the road with these fucking things

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
better start collecting that unemployment money

>I seriously don't understand why people want this shit...
???
>I drive for a living
lol oh

Not all of us live in fucking Arizona, shitbird.

Just a reminder that this will be implemented into trucks soon and there will be NO jobs

Uber self driving vehicle.

Plans to have 100,000+ self driving Uber vehicles in service by 2020.

>Uber becomes automated
>Offers a membership program where you get 3 hours of rides a week for $100 a month
>No insurance payments, no car maintenance, no gas
>implying a program like this wouldn't be insanely popular

>Used to have 250cc trials bike, miss it badly
>Don't trust anyone around here not to run me the fuck over if I get a street legal one

Self-Driving cars and Trucks is the worst idea. It basically gives control of more of your life to greedy oligarchs.
Truck driver is the top profession for working men in America. I'm against the self-driving movement.

None, really. A decade ago, people thought self-driving would require specially-made roads. But it turns out not to be necessary at all; the cars can read the roads themselves. They don't need the road to tell them what to do.

and i got my licence which i paid 2k for and a shitty honda for 1k 2 weeks ago
JUST

Why is there such a push for robot cars? I hate the idea. There are few things more relaxing than driving around later in the night.

That wasn't really at all related to what I was saying. I meant you're going to have massive numbers of idle cars not generating revenue if you plan around the commuter hours peak where there are many times the number of cars on the road as you have during the middle of the day. A solution would be having staggered start times for work so you have say 30% of people leaving at 7:00 another 30% at 7:30 and the final 30% at 8 but I find a coordinated effort to make that happen unlikely.

Those are idle cars owned by people who didn't buy them as a revenue source. It's a different story when that idle car represents a significant investment for a business. Something is going to have to be tweaked as far as peak commuter times go to get to 100% automated roads and no one is talking about it.

>not autonomous flying cars
all that money wasted on a vision of a freedom hating cuck

Yep, this.

Can. Not. Wait.

But that's more than I spend on gas and insurance every month.

It's an increase in freedom

Cheap access to transport for everyone, at any time, anywhere, and not beholden to maintenance, insurance, or other high costs compared to AI ride share

There is a lot of freedom in not needing to own something and also having more free capital to spend on other shit

>Why is there such a push for robot cars?

You can't be serious.

I like and dislike the idea.

Its a good idea to have auto-driving for those that do long distances, or might be disrupted at the wheel. Having auto-driving trucks and delivery vans will be great, as will auto-drive taxi's.

But I would hate to be forced. I love driving, its my 'have fun' hobby. If I feel shitty, had a bad day, I can get in my car, decide on a random destination and just drive. I can listen to tunes, and just enjoy the freedom of being in control of a portion of my life.

Hell, other times driving feels like a chore. But I wouldn't give up driving for anything.

I've drove a 300 mile round trip, just to have a cup of tea and a sandwich at my mums house..and to say hello to her of course. I just needed an excuse to drive somewhere, and that was it.

>I drive for a living
I recommend changing jobs before it's too late.

These problems can easily be solved. You can install a breathalyzer to turn on you car to avoid drunk driving. Drivers licences can be revoked more easily. Phones cant be turned on when inside a car. So many things can be done to avoid accidents, and I do suggest you get a sports car, you can get some used sports cars for under 4000 dollars