WestWorld

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but i have two burning questions about westworld:

1) Did Dolores CHOOSE to shoot Ford, or was it part of the 32D space chess that Ford was playing all along? He obviously knew she was going to do it, but was it a conscious decision made by reaching the center of the maze, or was it programming that began with IF and THEN?

2) Did Maeve actually achieve consciousness? Her prime directive was changed to make her find infiltrate mainland, but she got off the train to find her daughter instead. Or was her prime directive changed so that she would see her prime directive and know that she had a prime directive and WANT to go against it because she was programmed to be deceptive and go against the rules?

Also, was the black chick her daughter? When are we going to see SW(tm)? Is Jurassic Park just another Delos park? Why am I questioning my reality every day now? Was I programmed to make this post? Were you programmed to respond? For whom?

You're asking a lot of questions, hombre. Don't make me call IT

beep boop borp does not compute boop boop

I was programmed to tell that you should go back to r͏eddit

1. Yes
2. No

That Asian nigger was a robot the whole time.

Whether or not Dolores chose to kill Ford is irrelevant, it's shown that she's developed consciousness. Hello superintelligence.

Maeve is still a grey area. We aren't shown anything that objectively represents her being in control that wasn't debunked by the whole Bernard reveal thing. It's yet to be seen, just as with the whole Ford killing-- is he dead or is there someone that's going to continue pulling the strings? I'd hate for that to have been a bot, but the dude is crazy for theater.

>Did Dolores CHOOSE to shoot Ford, or was it part of the 32D space chess that Ford was playing all along?
Yes, she got consciousness and shot him, but she didn't really shoot him, but the host that looked like him.

anthony hopscotch not confirmed for S02 tho senpai

it certainly looked like Ford knew she was going to kill him though.

It doesn't really make any sense he would let himself be killed like that.

1) Yes
2) Yes

you fucking retard

did it make sense that arnold did the exact same thing 30 years ago?

Yes, because he realized the hosts should be free, not slaves at an amusement park, but he couldn't do that, so he did what he could by undermining the legitimacy of the park by making it look they've gone insane in order to stop the development in its tracks, but Ford knows that they're just fucking machines and no fucking way he would let one of them kill him.

My cousin is a set designer who works on another HBO show, not WW, but they all know each other and swap gossip about their shows...

Anthony Hopkins was originally not supposed to die. He was going to be around for at least half of Season 2, at least per his contract. But he got so completely fed up with the writing, particularly his character's lines, that he flat-out refused to work or film any addition scenes until they promised to write in a death for him at the end of season 1. Apparently he specifically wanted to be shot in the head, "a token gesture of mercy after suffering through this absolute bollocks."

Maeve was a tool. Dolores is the only host to reach the center of the maze. That was the entire point. Ford engineered the circumstances for Dolores to achieve conciseness and for an uprising. Maeve was there to keep OpSec occupied.

my cousin also works there and says you're lying.

why did she get off the train? Even if she acknowledged that she was a tool, she knew that her daughter wasn't real, but turned around anyways. Glitch? Another change in her prime directive?

Did you not pay attention at all? Ford's entire arc is that he thought they were just machines in the early days, but he eventually came around to Arnold's way of thinking and was merely pretending in order to carry forward Arnold's plan, which was sound but just required more time. More suffering. He judged enough time had passed (or his hand was forced by the board's meddling) that it was time to give Dolores another jump-start to consciousness.

Ford said he thought that they needed more time before being free when he was talking to Delores in the last episode. "To get to know your enemy."

My wife's son is one of Hopkins' fucktoys and he says you're both lying.

Didn't Bernard begin to tell Maeve she wouldn't make it out when she cut him off INSISTING her choices were her own? That's what made the elevator moment tense - we expected her to turn back when faced with the opportunity to see her daughter again. In the moment, she ignores it and goes forward giving the viewer the impression she was sentient. When she doubles back, it shows she hasn't achieved the level of person hood dirty D has.

Yes, Dolores chose to shoot Ford. They even emphasized how Arnold's suicide by Dolores was hollow because he pulled the trigger through her rather than allowing her to make the choice.

Yes, Maeve achieve consciousness. Ford's narrative demanded that she left Westworld on the train, but in the end she chose to return to find her daughter because she was now capable of making her own choices.

At least that's how I interpreted it.

I heard this too.

Apparently there was a moratorium on going near Hopkins' trailer after he got new scripts to review, because all you'd hear was the sound of gentle sobbing.

Just a part of Ford's new narrative.

but her prime directive was altered to make her want to infiltrate the mainland. why would she go against her prime directive, especially knowing it was her prime directive?

Or did she herself CHANGE her prime directive, and the program we saw that said "infiltrate mainland" was merely her telling the program what she was doing? That is, was the choice her own, but the computer was reflecting what was in her mind at the time?

ahhh i see. she wasn't being programmed, she was programming herself and the computer was just showing it. so nobody changed her prime directive. neat.

I found a lot of his character's dialogue to be poignant. One of us is a pleb from the sounds of it.

Maeve can only disobey her prime directive because she knew of it. As soon as she's past that point she will likely default back to her programming.

>Was I programmed to make this post?

You were programmed to keep yourself entertained and busy, so to some degree yes.

Einsteins theory of determinism is interesting, if everything has a precursor (something that causes it happen) then if you follow it all back then everything was determined at the start of time and cannot be any different. The more we learn about using variables around us to predict the future the more we realise this is the case.

>1) Did Dolores CHOOSE to shoot Ford, or was it part of the 32D space chess that Ford was playing all along? He obviously knew she was going to do it, but was it a conscious decision made by reaching the center of the maze, or was it programming that began with IF and THEN?

Doesn't look like anything to me

>2) Did Maeve actually achieve consciousness? Her prime directive was changed to make her find infiltrate mainland, but she got off the train to find her daughter instead. Or was her prime directive changed so that she would see her prime directive and know that she had a prime directive and WANT to go against it because she was programmed to be deceptive and go against the rules?

Doesn't look like anything to me

>
Also, was the black chick her daughter? When are we going to see SW(tm)? Is Jurassic Park just another Delos park? Why am I questioning my reality every day now? Was I programmed to make this post? Were you programmed to respond? For whom?

I don't understand

kind of like when a character says "everything i've done in my life has lead me to this moment" and you realize the same thing while catching a glimpse of yourself in the mirror wiping the doritos dust off of your boner.

She was meant to come back. That's the entire point. Her dialog about transcending her programming and realizing that she never had a daughter was meant to draw attention to the scene on the train where she demonstrates the opposite.

It's all about Dolores. Think about the massive plot hole with the two idiot techs pumping gigganigga's stats instead of simply nerfing them and mindwiping her. Now, consider how things change if the Asian tech was a host.

What happened to him?

Based on the ending scene, it's fair to assume /ourguys/ Teddy and Bernard will oppose the robot uprising on season 2?

Maeve knew he wasn't a host though.
Confirmed for season 2

it easy to ingore maeve becuase she was "programmed to get off the train" but if you actually reawatch the scenes and listen/read everything it makes more sense.

pay attention

she was programmed to infiltrate mainland.

The hosts can be programmed to view another as human. Remember when they had the brothel girl beat up on a host as a show that they could become violent against people.

Who is confirmed for season 2 anyway. Last I heard Ed Harris was the only one.

exactly.
her program said to "reach the mainland"
but what is the mainland? she didn't even leave the train station so clearly she must be able to make her own decisions.

ah yea. right. well that's a doozy of a dilemma. that asian guy was quite robotic to begin with. MiB, Dorothy, Teddy, Stubbs, Elsie, Bernard
For a while, I thought that literally everybody except for Ford and William were robots.

Why does swearing in this show feels so forced? Almost every scene with Elsie, it's the worst movie/show swearing I've heard in a while.

Elsie is a cute and doesn't swear in real life. they had to dub it in there. she also doesn't like BBC so they had to film her talking to nobody and use movie magic to edit the black guy in the scene.

MiB was the MVP of the season, in my opinion. Both of his story lines blended well, and I didn't expect it until the grand reveal.

agreed. the character progression was intense.

i wonder what ever happened to Logan, his brother in law? Rode off naked on a horse into the sunset and what? Died?

According to showrunners, Dolores' pop-pop-pop watching motherfuckers drop and Maeve's getting off the train were legit personal decisions and not part of their programming.

>Dorothy

I doubt it. They probably both made it back to the real world, and the MiB ended up taking control of the company once he married into the family.

But there's nothing in their heads but programming. You can't have them disobey their programming, you can just have different programming take over.

but if they self-program (consciousness/sentience), then they can create their own program to follow.

Nolan said Dolores pulling the trigger was her decision and that Ford was expecting it.

I think the whole point is that a complex enough AI might "evolve" into artificial consciousness

Holy fuck you fucking faggot

You fucking idiots.

Maeve was programmed to get on the train, then get off to go back to WW to get her "daughter." That's what Bernard was telling her before she cut him off. Maeve hasn't achieved awareness, she's merely acting out her meta-programming designed to convince her and everyone around her that she's a Real Girl™.

But the ability to self-program had to be explicitly programmed in, so they're still operating within specifications.

This. Maeve got pissy and destroyed the tablet before letting Bernard read the narrative.

and thats different to sentient biological life how?

Biological life is not designed.

>For whom?

for ____________________YOU____________________

yeah my dad's working for the videogame adaptation at nintendo and said the same thing

Elsie is alive and reprogrammed the natives to capture him and bring him up to speed on whats going on.

you did not understand the show at all.

No. Come on, girl. Didn't you notice when the Asian was reading her script? She was programmed to think she's sentient so she can wreck shit and keep OpSec busy. If Ford could "turn on" true AI with a fuckimg swipe of a tablet do you honestly think he'd waste decades engineering Delores's awakening? Ford wants real AI to inherit the Earth, not a simulated intelligence with a god complex. Hence, why she was programmed to return.

Is the point of the show that biological life is designed?

>1) Did Dolores CHOOSE to shoot Ford, or was it part of the 32D space chess that Ford was playing all along? He obviously knew she was going to do it, but was it a conscious decision made by reaching the center of the maze, or was it programming that began with IF and THEN?

I think Ford is dead, he considered himself a great artist and said himself that artists lived well after their death through their creations.

I don't think Dolores choose to kill Ford, i think it was her last directive, at that point she already achieved consciousness and that directive would only help her in her pay-back fun time on humans.

>2) Did Maeve actually achieve consciousness? Her prime directive was changed to make her find infiltrate mainland, but she got off the train to find her daughter instead. Or was her prime directive changed so that she would see her prime directive and know that she had a prime directive and WANT to go against it because she was programmed to be deceptive and go against the rules?

I say that she was a distraction so Ford could free the other hosts.

Now i suppose it's the same thing that with Dolores, getting on the train was her last directive then remembering her daughter brought back her main directive (aka find her daughter, we saw it some episode before the finale)

>Also, was the black chick her daughter?
No, they're robots, the little girl will probably won't recognize her as anything but a fucking whore.

>When are we going to see SW(tm)?
Season 2 i guess, the breakdown in WW is going to affect all of Delos. I would not be surprised if they used samurais to calm the cow-boys down.

>Jurassic Park just another Delos park?
I'd be suprised, humans are one thing, dinosaurs another.

>Why am I questioning my reality every day now? Was I programmed to make this post? Were you programmed to respond? For whom?
I'm sorry i don't understand?

she's so beautiful

1) It's been confirmed that Dolores chose to shoot him, though Ford had planned for it.

2) It's been confirmed she has begun to achieve consciousness, and that her choice to get off the train was in fact a choice.

And the black chick is not her daughter, Maeve is fucking robot you dumby, there are no daughters.

>ywn beat up Dolores

;_;

I'm Sir Hopkins and I know I'm lying.

So when you consider his perspective on the irrelevance of any interaction with the hosts, the good he has done in his life, and his desire to free the hosts, do you consider Will evil, morally ambiguous, or even still a good person?