Suicide Squad: yay or nay

Honest answer: Is Suicide Squad worth seeing? I don't care about anything else than stilling my curiosity about Leto's joker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOdb1QoFAYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I watched it out of morbid curiosity and honestly it wasn't worth it. It's just a miserable experience

Joker's scenes had no relevance to the plot (and it wasn't much of a plot).

It was honestly the worst movie I've seen in a long time.

>Honest answer: Is Suicide Squad worth seeing?

But that's a question, not an answer. Are you trying to trick me?

Hardly.

I recently torrented deadpool because normies around the planet thought it was so good.

Jesus fucking christ I had to watch it the dialogues at 110% speed and all action scenes at 120% just to not slash my arms.

If normies thought that Suicide Quad was worse than deadpool i cannot fathom how bad this movie is actually.

the Joker was so bad that they cut nearly all his scenes. his entire screen time is 6 minutes.

A hard nay.

My buddy and I watched the extended cut together in bed sipping mimosas and we both agreed it was the worst movie we'd seen this year

hes in aspen now i miss him so much

I wish I hadn't watched it.

Not even DC fag would recommend it. SS is like a glorified 2 hours trailer. Nice music, nice action sequence but no plot structure whatsoever. It's like you mix the dough very well and throw it to the wall hoping it to be a cake.

2 meta 4 U bro

I hope they kill off Leto's Joker as a "fake" Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. They have William DaFoe. Fucking use him.

One of the worst movies of the year. From someone who hates using this word to describe things - it's ACTUALLY Reddit; with all its forced quippy dialogue and pop songs.

Fuck, I hated it so much.

I'm sure it would make a fun "so bad it's good" drinking/high movie with the boys (assuming you have friends).

What’s he doing in Aspen, friend?

It's much more bearable than Batman v. Superman but it is not good.

just unzip your dick, watch the harley quinn scenes, then stop.

this movie is nothing more than a one off fap.

Makes me curious to see the original unaltered cut of the movie.

I would recommend just watching the Joker scenes on Youtube, all of Joker's stuff is a really weird B plot that doesn't have much relevance at all to the main story other than to give some character motivation to Harley Quinn.

holy shit wow okay I'm skipping this one
I guess you have a point, or something, I have a fever
I hated that one and watched more than half before feeling sick

>no tits
>no ass
>fap to that plank

it's what capeshit is really supposed to be

just action and tacky bullshit, not melodrama and babby tier moral contrivances and oh so deep origin stories

That being said it's horrible

You need to kill yourself and/or stop being such a faggot.

Honest answer, I think the Suicide Squad before the reshoots and decision to add shitty pop rock and rap songs was worth watching. The decisions they made in an attempt to make it more lighthearted were a huge mistake. You can tell the movie was originally meant to have a darker more serious tone, so the reshoots and music don't fit at all and are jarring in some scenes.

As far as the Joker, I hated everything about him from what I saw before watching the movie and expected to hate it. The Joker was the only thing I actually liked about the movie.

worst Joker ever

>not melodrama and babby tier moral contrivances
It has that shit too, it's only executed so poorly you probably forgot about it.

But the action wasn't even good. It fails in every aspect of the movie its supposed to be

It's genuinely dreadful. Leto's joker isn't as bad as people say but it's still cringeworthy at times. Saying that, the Joker scenes are by far the most interesting parts of the movie.
Also prepare yourself for ebin meme music every 5 minutes.

This. Imo it was wb pandering to normies at full speed.

Why have all major blockbusters this year featured a big beam of blue light splitting the sky?

He's working as a snowboard mechanic thing at a ski lodge with a couple other of our friends and probably spending 50 percent of his earnings on weed, kinda jelly but I have pretty big career prospects lined up in the new year

Yeah, it's one of THE UGLIEST movies I've ever seen too. Dark, terrible aesthetic, terrible costume+production design. It's not to look at, not fun to hear.

Puts the suicide in Suicide Squad.

Leto's joker is a pastiche of Heath Ledger and Vanilla Ice.

You're not missing anything.

>not knowing about Project Blue Beam
You should spend more time on the dark side of the net, boyo.

>we need an army that can stop Superman
>guy who can shoot
>guy who can throw boomerangs
>girl who can hit things with a baseball bat
>guy who can climb
>guy who can swim

>Harley Quinn appears
>Superfreak starts playing
It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the fucking pop songs weren't playing all the time. Whoever edited this piece of shit needs to be shot.

Wtf (you)'s are back now?

The movie has a ton of problems, but the one that stuck out to me the most was
>they turned Killer Croc into a literal nigger that likes rap music and watches BET

It was going to be a brutal grimdark supervillain movie but they butchered it. It's a unique movie in that studio meddling has never been so painfully obvious with any other film. It's like watching a terrible fan edit

I didn't understand what they were getting from these guys that they wouldn't get from a well-trained spec-ops team.

Even then, why the fuck is Harley there? Her special skills are hitting people with sporting equipment, being totally unreliable and having a psychotic boyfriend who IS going to turn up to fuck up the mission as soon as he knows she's out of jail.

what was that one song in that one scene?

This
>lets pair up a man who has a literal fire God inside him, a super-human human-croc hybrid, an assassin who never misses a shot
>with a katana weilding woman, a guy throwing sharp boomerangs, and a crazy doctor with a baseball ball

Shit makes no sense.

Jesus this, who the fuck asks for BET?

In the comics the suicide squad isn't really meant for Superman level threats, they're just used as cannon fodder in situations where the government doesn't want to get it's hands dirty. Not sure why they changed that for the movie.

At least 21 pilots "heathens" was good.

Suck generously on my Calippo

youtube.com/watch?v=UOdb1QoFAYM

I feel sad for Leto

don't trust marvel shills, they are fully operational on this general
jokes scenes are scarce but are 10/10 kino, harley is great and although most of character are bland that duo alone makes the movie great

It was fucking nothing: the movie.
I mean, I was expecting it to be at least just little bit good in a popcorn summer flick sort of way, but really wasn't, it was just bad and it suffered from the usual Will Smith good guy/father figure crap he usually pushes in every movie he's in, he really needs to stop.

Praise the Lard, mine eyes are opened

Its pretty awful. I went to see it just because I love super hero stuff and some of it was cool but I wouldn't ever spend money on it again.

I have an interest in the DCEU so it was great.

If you're in to the DCEU, probably. If not, give it a miss.

>I have an interest in the DCEU
You poor thing.

If you take out every Harley flashback and Joker scene except the one where he rescues Harley the movie literally stay the same

Was bad.

The animated movie (Batman Assault on Arkham) was better.

Is doggo ok?

I really wanted it to be good. The reviews were horrible for batman v superman buy I watched it and still really liked it. The reviews were the same for this movie and I thought I would like it like batman v superman but it is a very stupid movie.

It's not good, but nowhere near as bad as everyone said. The editing is sloppy, music out of place etc. The story/plot/effects are CW-tier.

Leto is bland as Joker, Margot Robbie was pretty great as Harley despite my reservations about the costume.

I liked man of Steel and batman v superman but suicide squad was a fucking mess. I only watched it for the joker but he was only in it for 15 seconds and it wasn't anything special.

#notmyjoker

>if you dont like this turd of a movie you must be a marvelshill
Most MCU movies are shitty and boring as fuck but nowhere near SS

they took down a super powerful witch with the power of friendship

>tfw the first Ayer cut was probably a decent movie

It's a shame too. And I don't think Leto is to blame. From what I've seen he's a great actor and I think he nailed the joker laugh. But it's hard to be a good joker when heath ledgers performance happened and you have a shit script

about 7 or 8 minutes into this movie you realize that the really bad script and tv movie acting isnt metafilm style but is rather just a shitty script and direction, and bad acting

then you realize theres what feels like four more hours of it

this movie is up there with superman 3 for things that should have been left in the trash, like the director's mom

No, Leto's joker is really bad. Besides the edgelord hot topic clothing, his depiction is truly "laughable".

He doesn't have a Joker character whatsoever, it's just Leto acting like himself in real life, a Thelema practicing, evil, conceited man.

It had a few alright scenes, but the movie was fucked by the PG-13 rating, the main antagonist and the world's thickest plot armor. The fact that they were fighting a God that could have destroyed everyone in the blink of an eye made the entire thing feel pointless. The fight scenes weren't taken seriously, instead they tried to make them humorous. But instead of being funny, they just ended up a mess. Killer Croc was a waste of space. Katana was a literal who, she could have been killed off at the end of the movie in the most dramatic way possible, but I wouldn't care. Captain Boomerang... ugh.
Will Smith was working his ass off trying to carry this pile of shit. His act one scenes are really the only things worth watching. Viola Davis is good at being an authoritative figure with no emotions. So she was fine. Leto was alright, he tried his best with the script he was given. Harley was hit or miss. She was silly and cocky as all hell, so given the fact that she got most of the screen time, she was bound to have a few okay scenes. No one else is worth mentioning, they were just kinda there.

Maybe once, it has the flavor but the action is garbage and the story is garbage.

I'm saying this as a die hard dc kek that loved man of murder and bvs, I only stomached suicide squad once

It's not good. I'm pretty sure the reshoots fucked it up and completely changed the tone.

The story also sucked ass and the villain is so stupid.

Leto was so hamhanded in his delivery. And his laugh was garbage. He staight up just used the same laugh he used in Mr. Nobody. Shows you how bad he really is at acting.

Could've been OK. Joker was awful, and it really felt like they were trying to one up Guardians. The villain was shit too. You had that ugly giant CGI monster and then the witch turned into some normal pasty chick.

>It's a bit more of a supporting part than it could have been if they used everything.

YES! The fans spoke and the studios nerfed his role in SS. TFW you won't have to worry about seeing Leto in another DCEU movie.

>My buddy and I watched the extended cut together in bed sipping mimosas and we both agreed it was the worst movie we'd seen this year

holy shit that's gay

>hes in aspen now i miss him so much

and now he's probably fucking a ton of other dudes. sorry man

>SS is like a glorified 2 hours trailer.

didn't they literally have the final cut redone by the people who put the trailer together?

we aren't gay just androgynous
we did the same thing with Stranger Things before he went away last time, it was really nice. SOrry you don't have a bro you can get under the covers and be comfy with

MOM'S

It was great, and when the dcu expands revisionist will revisit it and duck its dock to high heavens

>deadshot is black and a skinhead
>Kanye west - black skinhead plays

It's bad

>we aren't gay just androgynous
w-what is that supposed to mean?

You cannut look at super movies with cynical eyes

yay
watch the Extended Version

we're traps who don't like dick

>we're traps who don't like dick
Explain.

If you like acting super feminine you seem like a faggot to me and probably most people. Just saying

Back to redit, faggot.

this.

Its not worth seeing for free let alone paying for.

He means he hasn't fully embraced his homosexuality yet.