These two were more fun than anyone in either TFA or R1

These two were more fun than anyone in either TFA or R1.

Admit it!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIQUrrbNW_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ewan is the best of the entire saga .
If they don't make a prequel Obi-Wan movies , Star wars will be memeing into Oblivion .

Yes for Obi Wan

No for Anakin

But as the user above me said, Ewan is the best thing in Star Wars anyway

It's kinda funny how both actors who played Obi-Wan Kenobi are the saviors of the whole fucking series

James Earl Jones as Vader is really awesome too, but there's nothing to identify with so he doesn't get as much credit.

Anakin is really interesting as a character ( in III , hes really good ) , the problem is Christensen , in Ep 2 , hes painful to watch , he looks like hes scared of delivering his lines

finn is fun but basically acts like a 2016-everyman

Ewan and Ian McDiarmid (Sheev) carried the prequels

solid opinions ITT

I never noticed how Anakin's costume has elements of Vader's aesthetic before.

Pure pottery.

Am I the only man on earth that unironically liked the prequels?

k-2so is not so bad

3 was pretty good

yes

I like 3

I loved them and never understood all the internet hate for them. My friends and I all enjoyed them but all I hear from Sup Forums is hate and I don't get it.

i prefer 2
i like the telenovella/pulp sci-fi angle

I'd say that's a fault of the direction. If Lucas wasn't sitting behind the monitor and actually gave him some direction and actually engage he could have done better. Hell, all the acting could have done better as a whole.

The reason Ewan was so great is because he looks like he is having the most fun with all of it.

>but all I hear from Sup Forums is hate and I don't get it.

more news at 7.

w2c Obi-Wan's boots?

they were better in TCW

My preferred Star Wars movie is the third unironically.

You cant put the blame on the Chef if he works with rotten ingredients .
Ewan is great because he is a great actor . Theres plenty of movies where you can see great acting with bad direction .
Acting is just one layer of a movie .

>If they don't make a prequel Obi-Wan movies , Star wars will be memeing into Oblivion .

I can't imagine why they wouldn't, he's such a popular character. Just do one set in between episodes III and IV.

>The reason Ewan was so great is because he looks like he is having the most fun with all of it.

just look at this smug fucker

youtube.com/watch?v=iIQUrrbNW_Q

Ewan does extremely well considering he had basically no direction. Hayden didn't do so well but I would wager that if he'd actually been given directions beyond "Faster and more intense" he could have actually done well. The good actors in the prequels succeed in spite of the poor writing and shit direction and their success seems to directly correlate with how much acting they've done previously. Ian and Christopher Lee easily slipped straight into their roles because they're both playing characters they've played before, those being theatrically evil villains.

Well , then , explain why Daisy is so bad

The new characters actually seem to suffer from the same problems as the prequel ones, except they aren't trained in prestigious English acting schools and haven't acted in shit that anyone watched before. They yell a lot, talk over each-other in a cringeworthy attempt at humor, make dumb mouth-agape expressions of ambiguously intense emotion, and all of it seems to indicate that they weren't given shit for direction.

When you give good actors "faster and more intense" you can get something like "posher and more evil" from Christopher Lee for example, which is fine. When you give the same instructions to a mediocre actor with a bland shit character, you get more intensely shitty acting more rapidly.

She's shit because unlike Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee, or Ewan, she's a shit actor playing a shit character in a shit soft reboot.

even the animated version of Obi-Wan is cooler than any of the shit characters we keep seeing.

What is it with the cartoons made for Star Wars turning out better than the Hollywood movies made for Star Wars?

Ian looked like he was having a blast playing Sheev

>i hate the sand
he probably just knew the lines were shit and didn't really want to say them i mean fuck, no one says those things

>You owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time.
>Ninth time

Now, wouldn't it have been nice to actually see this happen? This is a movie right? The visual medium to tell a story. Show, don't tell. Picture this, they found Anakin in Episode I as a teenager, same you'd see in Episode II. And Episode II focuses on Anakin's training as well as all the aforementioned times he saved Obi's ass in whatever mission they were sent to. Then you'd see that relationship grow which makes all the more dramatic when he shifts towards the darkness. Hell, you could even have started with Sheev trying to lure Anakin to the dark side ever so subtly, just enough for theories to arise.

And that OP, is what would've been fun. So much potential wasted it's not even funny.

Super satan is right.

>more fun
Like the time they fell into that nest of Gundarks!

>How should I show that they've been fighting the clone wars for years
>A couple of lines telling their lifes have been on the line several times?
>Nah, better put a mashup during the credits like Snyder did in watchmen.

True. I honestly couldn't name a single memorable moment from TFA desu.

I agree.
Ewan made the prequels for me.
Lots of people bash the prequels but I thought Ewan's acting for Obi-Wan was worth watching.
Personally he was my favorite actor of the entire Star Wars series.
Favorite character too.

Nah.

Ewan is cool though.

Your standards of "really good character" are very low then.

>because he looks like he is having the most fun with all of it.
Oh come the fuck on, Ian McDiarmaid is clearly the one who has the most fun of all, he hams it up to such a ridiculous degree in Episode III that his performance alone makes the film tolerable.

Definitely

but even more so if their ages were a bit closer, the supposed brotherly bond, and Anakin's jealousy towards Obi-wan and Padme wasnt exactly felt because Obi looked like and acted like his dad.

Would have been better if at the end of Episode 2, Obi-Wan admits that hes not fit to be a master yet and still has a lot of things to be learned and trains under Mace Windu, while Anakin is sent to train with Count Dooku (secretly arranged by Palpatine), then they later learn that Dooku is a fucking traitor and the beginning of Episode III happens where Anakin kills Dooku and Sheev just cant stop smiling because he orchestrated this shit from the start and basically enforced the rule of two on both Anakin and Dooku.

Obi-Wan's training under Mace allowed him to see and appreciate the balance of the light and dark instead of just steering it one way

The reprogrammed imperial droid was best, but they were more fun than TFA's bozos. Obi-wan was played well.

This is WAY more fun. I actually care more about them here.

youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0

Isn't there a fanfiction that goes like that, its pretty good concept, better then what we got anyway.

Define fun.

If by fun you mean hours of torture, then yes it was fun.

>Anaikin
>fun
Cmon, man.
He is the main reason why prequels suck.

>he doesn't find torture fun

You wouldn't last one night with me, baby.

George Lucas personally selected the cast. I'd say you can blame the chef for picking the wrong/rotten ingredients.

If I had to describe my memory of his performance with one word, that would be "wooden"

That's called having autism.

not even when we saw Kylo hold a blaster bolt in place the movie was boring so IV rehash but that was cool enough

I can't believe I used to like Anakin when I was younger, thankfully I came to my senses and realized what a whiny, edgy annoying fag he is and saw that Obi-Wan was the best.

If it wasn't for Ewan McGregor I wouldnt bother rewatching the prequels but his performance in AOTC makes that movie watchable if you skip the anakin and padme crap and he and Ian McDiarmid saved ROTS from being total shit.

I just wish there was a scene where he and Sheev interacted after Sheev revealed himself as a Sith

>Sheev sitting in his office cackling at the jedi temple in flames
>Obi Wan jumps down suddenly
>"Hello there!"

So are prequel defenders just millennials that saw the movies as kids, or actual paid Disney shills trying to prop the shitty half of Star Wars in order to make it easier to sell?

Pretty sure it's the former, but I'm not sure.

Obi Wan on Tatooine survival kino when

Kek
Do you have the original pic with the indian guy? I havent seen it in a while