Clapping in movie theatres

>Clapping in movie theatres

do americucks really do this?

Maybe they're applauding the projectionist.

I've been in movie theaters a few times when people clapped at the end of the movie, it was really weird. When did this start?

I always applaud the ushers when they go to the front and take their bows.

Do this really happen in America? How embarrassing

It can be a stressful job. It's always kind to show respect.

I don't see very many movies in the theater because it's usually a very sub-par experience, but I've only been in an audience that clapped once. That was at the end of a rerelease of The Wizard of Oz.

It's just one of those American things like tipping or shooting up schools.

>make up something
>attribute it to americucks
Do yuropoor really do this?

Picking up popcorn and half-supped empty cups. must be taxing on the brain.

but it actually happens

>the theater showers are closed once again because some miserable autist stomped his shit down the drain

YES it IS so embarrassing. I hate that feeling when the credits start to roll now, because you never know if a bunch of sappy feelgood parents are going to do it.

It happens MUCH more often than I'm comfortable putting up with.

Yes, and it's begun to cross the border into Canada as well.
It's rare, here, but I occasionally see some people, almost always fat nerds, clap at the end of a big movie like the superhero movies or Star Wars or The Hobbit movies. They usually stay after a few claps because they're the only ones doing it.
(I see every movie that comes through the cinemas here).

Last time I went to the cinema, about three years ago, a lot of people started clapping at the end. This was in England.

I've only seen it a couple of times at kids movies.

Only in specific regions, I think. The first time I ever experienced this in my life was at a theater in NYC.

We also applaud the attendants at the group showers. Its customary, I don't expect you to understand.

I'm the one that leads the clap (if the film warrants it) AMA

yes, it's weird watching reaction vids filmed in the the states because of this

i didn't believe that passing around a tip bucket during the credits of a movie was a thing until i started watching reaction vids of the after credit scenes from marvel movies, what a weird country

>that cheeky feeling when you start the applause
>most places I have started the goyim clapping
>In the cinema it's actually quite hard but the following places have done it

>Edinburgh
The Scotch are sheep

>Sweden
I didn't even need to start it, they just clap.

>USA
Never clapped in experience, however when were at disney land watching some shitty mickey mouse firework display some yank unironically said 'this is truly the greatest nation on earth'

Who is the clapping actually aimed at?

>film ends
>people clap
>join in cos you'll look autistic if you just sit there

Filmmakers, ostensibly, but public opinion ultimately, getting ahead of the narrative. Half the audience is wishy washy the 'i just watched ___, did i like it?' crowd. If I deem the film worthy I essentially tell them, by my display of public adulation, yes, yes you did like it. Thus swaying public opinion. In my way, I am a tastemaker.

No one. It's purely cathartic. When one watches something as exhilarating as Avengers: Age of Ultron the thrill simply builds and builds within the noble American soul until, finally, at the end, we have no choice but to clap very loudly and for a long time.

Everyone around, its kinda like cheering at a football stadium but its more "elegant" to clap at a social event like this

>Shouting at handegg players hundreds of kilometers away which you have no connection to displayed on a television

Yes, they really do think people can hear them through a screen.

Essentially this one. As not American i feel the same thrill for national soul when Borat came to our schoolhouse for viewing. Elders sulked but me with my friends clapped until time to tend to animals.

>bongcucks have no respect

Nothing new here, lads.

People were clapping in the theater I was in at the end of Rogue One.

Despicable and abhorrent behavior. After dutifully viewing the credits I gather my things, tip the ushers on my way out and retire to my home where I consider, in silence, the kino I have just witnessed. After some time, I'll write my review to share here, and watch it sink down the catalog until it's as if it never existed because no one here appreciated genuine film criticism.

Oh and a little side note. As I left the theater some kids were saying Vader is Harambe.

in my theater some kids said they wanna see him do the mannequin challenge lol

Actallly its the fault of the Brits.

Brother

i love when some verbose fag from /lit/ comes and writes some ridiculous but plausible stuff like that post.