Name Arnold's Successor as Terminator

ITT: We cast Arnold's replacement for the T800

Bonus Round: Cast a replacement for Robert Patrick as the T1000

My choices are The Rock and Mads Mikkelsen respectively.

Secret twist is the T800 is the bad guy again and the T1000's the good guy, just so it isn't T2-2: Cybernetic Boogaloo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENSdhADvYIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

John cena

Robert Patrick was the villain in movie.

They name-dropped Terminator.

Michael Biehn

Ryan Gosling

Looks nice enough to be a T1000.

CGI Arnold

How about his non-faggot son Joseph?

>Joseph Baena

Good call. Give him a few years and he should be perfect for the role: youtube.com/watch?v=ENSdhADvYIM

>T2-2: Cybernetic Boogaloo
>T2-2

kek

THIS

Fuck imagine getting into weightlifting and having fucking ARNOLD as your father giving advice and tips.

Finn Wolfhard

How about we cast a female T1000?

Dad knows his way around Hollywood. He could set his son up for it if the kid wanted it.

Fassbender visually would make a good T1000 to me, but he's probably 'too' good of an actor just to make neutral faces and monotone remarks.
Jason Statham maybe.

>The Rock
nah, already been in one too many movies, too friendly

>Mads Mikkelsen
tooooo short

Can't stand him as an actor but he could actually be pretty good.

I was thinking if you're going to remake Terminator you might as well do something different
Let's face it it doesn't make much sense for an infiltrator robot to look like a massive Austrian bodybuilder
Make him a normal guy who blends in

I would nominate Klokov, but his face is a bit too Russian.

>Jason Statham

Interesting choice. At first I was too used to him being a gravelly-sounding brit, but when you look at him, it could work. He could also work as another Resistance soldier.

Going from Prometheus to X-Men, I was surprised at Fassbender's talent. I think he could pull off a "smarter" Terminator, one that's more manipulative and intelligent where Robert Patrick's was just more subdued and deadly. Basically David, but not as pretty or polite. Besides, the T1000 wasn't always monotone; he could pass off as human better than the T800.

Yes.

Why him?

I wouldn't say that. He looks like he could pull it off.

So far we've had an Austrian and a Southern-American Irish guy as a Terminator. Sam Worthington's a kiwi, right? I don't know where Jason Clarke comes from.

I guess so. I just can't imagine being scared of that face.

>Why him?
$0.04USD has been deposited to your account.

I don't know. He's tall and was just about the only good thing in Spectre. He has a knack for being a guy who stands tall and says very few lines.

I've never actually seen Terminator. I don't know why I'm here.

Everyone knows Terminator by now, nobody is getting scared

Sure, the movies haven't been scary in a while, but the villains should look intimidating. I've never seen Gosling as an intimidating figure, but I welcome being proven wrong.

Depends on how you do it. The newer films completely gave up on the series' slasher film roots but I still think there's a lot they could do with that area. I never really gave a fuck about the Terminator "mythology" in the first place desu
You could definitely get some scares out of completely blank faced Ryan Gosling chasing you in an abandoned building or something
I've thought for the longest time they should reboot the whole thing with a low-budget film directed by an indie horror guy. There's nothing left to gain from continuing from the absolute shitpile that was Genisys

I agree. I think that's the only way to capture the original movie's appeal. Other than that, I don't think even James Cameron can do justice to the T2 style of movie, given how much he's putting into 3D and CGI tech these days.

That and Brad Fiedel doing the soundtrack for both movies made nearly all the difference. I hate how every movie these days have an overly operatic Hans Zimmer soundtrack, it's boring.

Gosling does look pretty unsettling there. It could work.

>How about we cast a female T1000?

Hooooot

>a new Terminator movie comes out
>it casts a hot female T1000 that melt and reforms a lot
>she kills a guy in the movie like pic-related
>breaks him down at a molecular level and leaves behind a bloody mess as she reforms and walks away

My dick

>non-faggot son Joseph
lol that one is the faggot and a beaner to boot.

GTFO Jose Manuel lol

Who should play the T-Infinity?

>my goal is to kill a rebellious teenaged boy

>I'LL BE A POLICE OFFICER WITH A BUZZ CUT

And like that, my ability to take terminator seriously has completely vanished.

But it made sense.

>first guy he finds is a cop
>copy his clothes
>uses the SCMODS to get info on John Connor
>finds out where he lives
>start there

He would've succeeded if Arny didn't get to him first.

What am I looking at?

nobody
stop making terminator movies
they should have stopped after 2

go make something new instead

>you've reached JJ Abrams. Please leave a message.
>beeep
>Hey JJ it's me MTV movie award winning actor Edward Furlong of Terminator 2 and American History X Fame. I heard you're in a bit of a pickle right now what with carrie dying and what not and I just want you to know, if you need someone experienced to play princess leia and willing to take minimage union wage I'd be happy to help.

>doesn't make much sense for an infiltrator robot to look like a massive Austrian bodybuilder

While I do agree, I believe the thought process here was to have a guy that's buff as fuck in order to "hide" the T800 frame underneath. Plus that's much scarier than an average looking Joe coming after you.

>the kid is 18 years old

All he needs is a couple more years of acting and he should be good.

That makes sense, but Cameron originally wanted to cast Lance Henriksen who's just a regular sized dude
Just for the record I'm not criticizing Arnold's casting, he was absolutely perfect in that movie, but I don't think you should cast a buff dude for a part that doesn't really require one just because you cast one previously
It might just be me but I think the idea of a normal looking guy displaying inhuman strength and endurance is kind of scary

It could work.

I agree. It's basically what we saw with Robert Patrick, so I wouldn't mind seeing it from someone around his build playing as a lighter T800 model or something.

John Cena and The Rock

>two T800s in one movie
>they both want you dead.

Oh fuck.

Cena will turn face halfway through the movie

I've been saying for years that Roland Kickinger is the ideal replacement for T-800. But now he's 48 years old and that's a moot point.

Baena's a good kid but his chin is too stubby. I can't take a face like that seriously unless he grows a beard.

I wouldn't mind at all

yea he was a great soldier in ghosts of mars

Idris elba

>the blackinator

Is it just me or does he often end up as a villain character?

next terminator

Arnoldo

best choice desu

But there's already a feminator

>kristanna loken
>doesn't melt at all
>blond bimbo dominatrix look

Nah. Too OTT

Is there any other way a feminator could dominate? What is the point of being a feminator if not to seduce a target?

Boxer Sergey Kovalev would be a great choice.

this tbch

I'd watch it desu

Not saying she can't, but I just didn't like how T3 did it.

I'm still so mad they turned Connor into a terminator

this is so fucking stupid

a polished green rock sitting on some crappy quartz

Only correct answer

No thank you Joss.