Did the referee end the fight too early? Or did the ref save Conor the humiliation of an actual KO?

Did the referee end the fight too early? Or did the ref save Conor the humiliation of an actual KO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b14jN0bEt-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

On the one hand Conor looked disgracefully tired...
On the other hand I don't think pussyweather could have ever knocked him out....

they have knockout rules, yes the dumb nigger stopped it earl

mayweather was too busy defending to KO anyone

kind of iffy. he could have let it go past at least one knockdown, but i've seen much worse stoppages in boxing. Conor hadn't thrown a punch in like 30+ seconds and was getting hit at will. I would have preferred he let it play out a little longer but i don't think it will be a controversial stoppage.

of course he stopped it early, the guy was still standing

he only stopped it early by like 30 seconds. Conor was going to crumple after one more barrage.

This ends the thread.

No other reply needed desu

Thats normal in boxing

the punches were weak, he was just catching his breath saving himself for a final spurt in the last two rounds

Wtf where does this desu shit come from i didnt type that

conor was stumbling around drunk

He's Irish that's when they come alive

no,that's the only way to know they are alive.

Way to out yourself, newfag. Guess summers still here

Nope, Mcgregor hadn't thrown a punch in over a minute and was taking shot after shot.

>an actual KO
He literally saved his life

most of those werent really landing

Did people forget MMA's Rhoda Rousey getting TKO'd in less than a minute while still being on her feet?

youtube.com/watch?v=b14jN0bEt-c

McGregor was stumbling and wasn't even putting up a defense at that point

There was no going back from that for him

He was gonna get a second-wind.

Did your stream go out early? Conor was done

he was tired, not damaged, he dodged a lot of shots even in the end, ref should've let him hit the deck

Stumbling left and right out of dizziness isn't what I'd call "dodging".

>He never went down so he was Ok
That's not how it works

He saved Connor from the shame of being the first guy he's stopped clean in a decade.

The Ref was right to stop it, he was no longer defending himself HOWEVER, conor has taken far worse punishment especially round 3 vs nate 2 and he survived. Boxing is judged differently, a knock down in mma is by no means a loss that it is in boxing.

You gotta remember that Mcgregor is a UFC asset, they don't want him risking getting actually injured from this stunt, so that's why they called it vs let Mayweather actually KO him

>implying Mcgregor gives a FOOK about UFC after making over a hundred million from this circus show

when was Conor flailing around the octagon like a drunk with his brain rattled in the Diaz fights?

erm when he was onto on for dear life to nates neck leaning against a solid (slightly painful but you get used to it) cage and getting punched and kneed in the head, covered in blood.

He cant grab and hold like that in boxing, he doesnt have a solid structure with no give to support him and he got gassed cos he cant distance like he can in mma.

holding onto for dear life*

The ref stops the fight when he fells that a fighter can no longer defend himself well enough

The ref was right to have stopped it.
Connor didn't do as bad as people thought, and he still has a long career ahead of him.

literally 30 sec of potato doing nothing.

> People this retarded actually exist

Phew, the Conor fanboi shit talkers are in a state of delusion.

THIS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AND I WAS THOROUGHLY FUCKING CONFUSED

>Or did the ref save Conor the humiliation of an actual KO
this
and it's too bad, Conor could use the humiliation. he'll make some faux-sincere speech soon, just like Jones after the Cormier fight, and we are supposed to think of him as something other than a douche whose greatest fighting skills are weight-cutting and trash-talking

and 4 of 40 punches landing

He stopped it before he gave him brain damage.
That's sparing him.
t. ex boxer
I know when someone is knocked out on their feet.
Mcgregor did well for losing, but let's not kid ourselves.

Floyd took 0 damage from Mcgregor. Even that solid uppercut from Mcgregor in the early rounds did absolutely nothing to Floyd.

>Floyd would get rekt in UFC
Right now yes but if Floyd was a bit younger and with a few months training I honestly think he would destroy most UFC fighters in his weight class with just punches and grappling defense alone.

I really want to defend Connor, but wtf is this? Did he forget to do his cardio in the past six months? Like "Lul, I don't need legs for boxing, let's skip jogging", meanwhile 50 year old Maynigger isn't even sweating.

Conor is a young man with a wife and an infant son, and a bright future ahead of him. He should be thanking that ref for that early stoppage.

/r/ a Webm of the after ball shove that Mayweather gave to McGoober

Keep in mind Floyd was a 40 year old retired welterweight fighting a prime active light heavyweight.
Floyd from the Berto fight stomps him out in 6.

the ref saved conor's career

he would have been ko'ed and memed for infinity

He probably knew the fight was over but he's just putting a show for his Irish fans.

conor only had to survive 2 more minutes of that and he'd fuck up floyd in the 11th. watch the post fight interview he said he was just getting his second wind

floyd would have to fight in 135 and learn how to cut

The problem with MMA is that people like mcgregor cut all that weight and drop down to fight. It doesnt matter much in boxing but it absolutely matters in mma when they are allowed to grab you and throw you around and lay on top you and push you into the fence. Mayweather is definitely an amazing fighter though. It's ashame he will probably never get the credit he is due

>UFC asset

>thnking he's going back to 5 million dollar paydays after this 100 million dollar stunt

Does sound like excuses, but the Irish bastard is famous for getting his head smashed in & then coming back with a KO, all about dat second wind

He was fumbling like a drunk, but still managed to dodge most

Oh right..you mean that "Irish Fatigue" where when you're tired...you constantly don't defend yourself and take multiple unanswered punches to the face while you stumble and hug onto your opponent to stay upright?

Yeah man...such a shame it took longer than a standard UFC match for him to get a second wind.

>australia
>opinion
fuck off nigger

what else will he do? maybe vin diesel will make a movie with him if he can learn how to speak english properly.

Watching it live I thought the ref was right to stop it. But seeing the replay Mcgregor was still dodging punches okay so I guess he couldve let it go on. Don't think mcgregor was winning either way. Mayweather was just on a different level. Mcgregor had neither the stamina to outlast him nor the skill to knock him out. His only chance was luck and the element of surprise. The longer the fight went on, the worse he looked.

Activist ref and Mayweather vs. McGregor. Someone will make a supercut of refs bias against Connor. Couldve went either way if wasnt for ref...

Apparently in boxing you're allowed to turtle up and turn your back to your opponent and then the ref comes and saves you. This happened 5x?

Anyone saying Mayweather was taking it easy or whatever wasnt watching the same fight, he was swinging as hard as he could and Connor dodged like 95% or his punches.

Also they shouldve had asian or latino judge. This judge was an activist you could tell. He never took his eyes off McGregor I didnt even see him look at Floyd once... and the two judges calling the first 3-4 rounds for Mayweather.. What? The boxing officials obviously had vested interest in this fight going a certain way

Couldve went to mat, got up and defended himself enough for timeout until next round.. Couldve then got knocked the fuck out by Floyd or he couldve won but we'll never know because this fight was 2v1. Connor wouldve won if it wasn't 2v1.. Even the judging was rigged(2 of 3 judges only gave Connor the first round).. and the announcers were rigged too, they were sucking Floyds cock while it looked like Connor might get the better of him in the first half of the match... This was embarassing, boxing is a joke and they were obviously scurred Connor would put the final nail in their coffin

>60% White

>Connor dodged like 95%

No, it was more like 95% of those punches hit Connor in the face.

But it was more like 56%. As opposed to McGregor's terrible 26%.

floyd is just teeing off on him for 30 seconds, what does he expect the ref to do?

>Connor dodged like 95% or his punches.
47% ftfy

WHY did McGregor suddenly get so tied around the 4th round? He had only been fighting like a total of 10 minutes but he seemed exhausted. explain pls

No chance to catch his breath like in mma when they cuddle on the ground

the fight should never have taken place to begin with

i cant believe people fall for boxing promoter bullshit and actually buy into circuses like this. they are laughing all the way to the bank

Mayweather changed his style. He started fighting like Ward against kovalev. Get and get on the inside. It was actually beautiful.
Mcgregor couldn't fight worth a damn backing up.

>Someone will make a supercut of refs bias against Connor.
You're retard
Connor got away with hammer punching.
Mayweather turning his back was straight up stupid, but he also told him not to.

He has no cardio. The same shit happened in both Diaz fights.

He comes out strong, and dies in less than 10 minutes. McHypeTrain is burst damage. Avoid the burst, play the long game, win every fucking time.

You dumb niggers. This fight was rigged by the boxing faggots, it was 2 on 1. Download the fight and watch the ref. From the second he steps in the ring he never takes his eyes off of Conor and he never so much as glances at Floyd.

I am baffled by the naivete of some posters. How old are you guys?

McGregor went into this essentially agreeing to lose a boxing match in order to be paid a shit load of money. Any trash talk before the match is part of the persona. It's just marketing. He's said numerous times before that his only intent is to get rich and get out quick.

Stopping this fight early is in the guy's best interests. Getting punched in the head can set in motion an inflammatory cascade that will manifest itself as neural atrophy in later life -- alzheimer's, dementia, etc.

>but maybe he could won
To see the world through you eyes must be a trip

Weird how everything you say makes sense...and yet Mcfuccboi is still trying to save his ego by passing blame and lying about how well he did.

>shouldve
>couldve
>wouldve
Is connorposting a new meme?

Continuation of marketing. There is no financial incentive to closing that door by turning off his "I'm the best" shtick.

at the start of the 8th (i think) mcgregor hit mayweather pretty solid, pushed mayweather into a corner and then just started laying punches into mayweather's guard for like 30 straight seconds.
Mayweather only took the first hit. Connor basically punched a wall non-stop for 30 seconds after that. No idea what the fuck he was thinking, but by the time he was done he was completely out of gas and Mayweather knew it. The fight was completely over at that point.

Goes to show how fucking stupid people can be if that shit works.

I don't know how you can spend 30+ minutes watching someone get Meme'd on, and then pay any regard to gloating or hype.

Paulie Malignaggi nailed it; the man wasn't fighting back. You have to show the ref you want to keep going. Having your hands down, backing up, and eating shots isn't the way to go about it.

conor literally almost fell through the ropes by no fault but his own at that point

it was a joke

Also, go look at all the time the ref gave Mayweather to hug on Connor and compare that to whenever Connor tried to hug the ref would jump in immediately to seperate them. It was 2v1, fight was rigged. Boxing is turbo corrupt

wow you got to canada quickly conor

>Backpeddling this hard
Whoa buddy I need a map

>the refs lol

He was getting his second wind mate