Why is PRIDE the best song on the DAMN album ?

why is PRIDE the best song on the DAMN album ?

>not Rebel Rebel

Why is the album shit and you're still clinging on to hope and posting about it

in what aspect is it shit.
>inb4 reddit likes it therefore im too edgy to like anything they like. i will go and listen to distorted rare music and make it sound god like to my ears so i stay unique.

that's not even Kendrick

Huge Kendrick fan but DAMN is bad and PRIDE is one of the worst tracks.

Great production and sample. Kendrick is the worst part of the song as per usual.

what do you consider a better track than pride

op here
that is something to consider.

Pretty much any song from any other album. That isnt even up for argument.
Within DAMN though Id say ELEMENT or FEAR as top tracks.

do you agree that music is judged subjectively, and only subjectively

I feel like PRIDE is the most slept on song from that record, and it's such a good track. Definitely the sequel that humble needed, and easily the best non-banger off the album

preach

fear is the best track :^)

Music is ofcourse subjective but how the fuck do you expect to have a conversation about music without stating what music you like and dont like?

Fucking agree

what you like is subjective and varies on many levels. now to outright say this is the best song is simply wrong.
so most threads on Sup Forums are wrong.

but fear is best?

i swear to god Sup Forums has this fucking love of liking the underdog. fear is the least listened to song on the album according to spotify [not considering the intro and outro]

Best tracks:
>DNA
>PRIDE
>LUST
>DUCKWORTH

Kendrick fans arent willing to sit through a 7 minute slow burner

DUCKWORTH is a full length track not an outro.

though it is my 2nd if not equal to pride... i wouldnt be shocked if Sup Forums hopped on the band waggon and said it was the best

>no one's mentioned FEEL
Gets my vote for best track.

The album ain't all that bad (ignoring the shit like LOYALTY), until you compare it to GKMC and TPAB.

holy shit

7/10 kek

>inb4
faggot your place isnt here it's either Sup Forums or Sup Forums...
thats were when faggots lose all hope they tell you to go back to 9fag or reddit.

It's simply a lackluster feature, that tries to peddle the message that's been done better or more tastefully at least. And not to mention that Kendrick has to resort to the hype audience who didn't listen to TPAB but say he's "on some real shit" on this album just because of the production.TPAB was a gem and this is a just a whimper compared to that record, I mean with tracks like LOVE or GOD who can defend this thing, not to mention LOYALTY. I'm not trying to diss on the tracks and yet when you step back and analyze the album as a whole it's Kendrick's most lackluster project so far.

I guess the album would not bother me as much if it was released by someone like Drake for example, but because it's Kendrick the fanbase is too strong for anyone to go against the grain so people resort to mindless praise.

A sad affair for everybodyinvolved

fbpb

fpbp*
the critical community should have completely lost all credibility by making this the second-highest rated album of the decade (after TPAB, of course).
I don't mind TPAB being the most critically acclaimed, but this is utter shit. There's four good tracks on the entire thing, and four downright awful songs on it too. the rest is middling schlock.
>good tracks
DNA
Feel
Fear
Duckworth
>terrible
Yah
Loyalty
Love
God
>what about Humble?
It's a pretty good single with nice production but it's not as impressive upon repeated listens. Humble and Lust are the only other decent songs on the album.
>what about Element?
it's a shittier version of Energy by Drake; it's just slowed down with a worse hook.
>what about XXX?
>U2

Personally i really like YAH. and FEAR. off the album, but i didn't care much for it as much as i did for TPAB

>Yah
>Terrible

Opinion discarded. Next!

good post

>yah yah
>yah yah
>yah yah
>yah yah
>shitty """""dreamy""""" production
>70 bpm
>lazy delivery
>kendrick singing
>"new shit! new kung fu kenny!"
you can't actually think this is good, right?

>What about PRIDE?

I love the guitar tone, and that's because Steve Lacy produced it, but Kendrick's vocals are mixed too low. When Lacy does his own vocals, they're up front and draw attention to them. Kendrick just kind of slurs his way through the track. It's a muddled track. Kendrick shouldn't sing. It's way too slow, the vocal effects are cheesy, and it's probably the laziest outing on the album lyrically (besides Humble, but that song has enough going on to retain my attention).

Best track is Duckworth followed by Lust, though I agree with

>>what about XXX?
>>U2
But did you like the Kendrick parts in the first half?

Because it rips off Connan Mockasin

i don't get it

It’s hit and miss. I like the way the piano sounds at the beginning, but then it drops out and the beat turns into a basic boom bap instrumental that’s too stripped down with annoying police sirens over it.