How do we kill capeshit?

How do we kill capeshit?

stop being american

Who the fuck would want to see a movie about cyborg...

By not discussing them anymore

My wife, sister, and mom.

>All those cancelled Spiderman universe movies

You don't, movie theaters have achieved their final form. If you're gonna have teens talking over the movie and everyone making chewing noises in your ears, might as well watch a loud dumb flick

wait, there was no sinister six movie right?

The pic is outdated. All of the Spidey movies there are canned with the only existing one now is Homecoming. Inhumans and F4nt4stic Four 2 is also canned.

Updated list.

>James Mangold's LOGAN (Fox) – March 3, 2017
>James Gunn's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 (MCU) – May 5, 2017
>Patty Jenkins' WONDER WOMAN (WB) – June 2, 2017
>Jon Watts' SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (MCU/Sony) – July 7, 2017
>Taika Waititi's THOR: RAGNAROK (MCU) – November 3, 2017
>Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE (WB) – November 17, 2017

>Ryan Coogler's BLACK PANTHER (MCU) - February 16, 2018
>Josh Boone's X-MEN: THE NEW MUTANTS (Fox) - March 2, 2018
>Joe & Anthony Russo's AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (MCU) – May 4, 2018
>David Leitch's DEADPOOL 2 (Fox) - June 29, 2018
>Peyton Reed's ANT-MAN & THE WASP (MCU) - July 6, 2018
>James Wan's AQUAMAN (WB) – October 5, 2018
>Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN (WB) - Unspecified, 2018
>David Ayer's GOTHAM CITY SIRENS (WB) - Unspecified, 2018

>Untitled Fox/Marvel Movie (Fox) - February 15, 2019
>CAPTAIN MARVEL (MCU) - March 8, 2019
>SHAZAM (WB) – April 5, 2019
>Joe & Anthony Russo's AVENGERS 4 (MCU) – May 3, 2019
>Untitled DCEU Movie (WB) – June 14, 2019
>SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2 (MCU/Sony) - July 5, 2019
>Untitled DCEU Movie (WB) - November 1, 2019

>CYBORG (WB) – April 3, 2020
>GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3 (MCU) - May 1, 2020
>Untitled MCU Movie (MCU) - July 10, 2020
>GREEN LANTERN CORPS (WB) – July 24, 2020
>Untitled MCU Movie (MCU) - November 6, 2020

I don't want to kill capeshit because super heroes distracts Hollywood from ruining properties that were actually good in the first place. I'd rather them run this into the ground than Calvin and Hobbes

Looks like no new characters from Marvel for 3 years, Black Panther's going to be a gamble for them especially in the Asia market.

Cyborg will be dropped in the future, he's C-list at best.

That was meant for you.

Cyborg's going to be held back, altered into Teen Titans, or straight up cancelled.
He can't maintain a solo movie.

We just have to stop seeing them. I know this one 14 year old girl who watches a lot of superhero movies. I'll be spending a lot of time with her in the coming months, and I'll do my best to convince her to drop them altogether. Maybe encourage her to see La La Land when it expands into our city.

Looks Disney is focused on turning their existing Princess movies into live-action so that'll slow down capeshit.

More importantly, how do we kill cinematic universes?

user, Hollywood are going to find non capeshit properties to specifically compete against capeshit (specifically the MCU).
Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe
Godzilla-Kong Shared Universe
Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe (most likely dead)
King Arthur Cinematic Universe
Robin Hood Cinematic Universe
Hasbro Cinematic Universe
Call of Duty Cinematic Universe
More Harry Potter spin offs

>black panther

lmao
>let me play you the song of my people

That picture is out of date. Last I heard Inhumans has been cancelled.
Also Wolverine 3 is Logan, Sinister Six hasn't become a thing, Fantastic Four 2 definitely won't happen and the Lego Batman movie has a date.

The only way to stop capeshit/cinematic universes is to stop paying for it. However plebs are plebs and actually enjoy this shit and genuinely think it's 'high cinema' so good luck trying to get them to stop going.

>CAPESHIT

DONT LET THEM KILL ME.

King Arthur isn't a cinematic universe, just a prospective six movies story.

implying you can stop it

all it means is that the global market for movies is so huge that they can afford to make movies instead of shitty comic books. They are going to be around forever now

>All of the Spidey movies there are canned
Sony finally cutting their losses and bowing out of the capeshit race? I almost don't believe it. There's somebody with a spark of sanity left at Sony.

Yearly Star Wars movies are almost as bad

No, it's because Sony is incompetent as fuck and gave the keys of the kingdom to Disney.

The leaks and failure of ASM2 made Sony bow out. I was hoping Fox to bow out and give everything to Marvel but they got a second breath of wind with DoFP and Deadpool.

Sony and Marvel Studios made a deal that Sony can distribute future Spider-Man movies that Marvel Studios makes.
Sony can also make Spider-Man movies on their own.
They're apparently making an animated Spider-Man movie that's not connected to the MCU which stars Miles Morales

>how do we kill cinematic universes
James Bond has been going for decades and they still draw crowds. At most we will just see lapses as Marvel and Disney restructure things when actors die or their contracts run out. They are likely going to try to plan introducing new characters every now and then so they don't have to take any time off and can just switch tracks while they sort out what to do with their other IPs.

What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing.

>giving the merch and the home video money/residuals to Marvel
>sanity

It's time to find joy elsewhere. This is a blessing in disguise, really.

What are you talking about?