ITT: God-Tier villains

ITT: God-Tier villains

>Pic related

The most God-tier form of villain is the one whose motives are arguably or objectively better than that of the hero's.
To make the galaxy great again.

>""""villains""""

Watch it Palpy _\nn/

>Turns a dying, corrupt, immoral Republic into a powerful galactic Empire with a hierarchy that ceased to be built upon an impotent bureaucracy
>Justifiably purges the child-brainwashing cult-like militant religious fanatics from the inner circle of the galactic government, having showed immense leniency up until they drew first blood in a (failed) coup-turned assassination attempt against a democratically elected leader in their vain effort to secure their jealous stranglehold on the politics of the Republic, and to secure their unjustified denominational hegemony on the force as a whole
>Coordinates and then destroys the powerful (((banking clans))) and corrupt (((trade federations))) that had preyed on entire planets, like his own homeworld of Naboo, with next to no resistance from the Republic that came before him
>Transforms Coruscant from a wartorn planet with a visible crime and drug epidemic into the secure heart of the Imperial galaxy
>Restores order to the galaxy/makes the galaxy great again
>Promotes a largely non-dogmatic view of the force, instead of the psychologically oppressive and aggressively closed-minded view of the Jedi
>Promotes the ideas of love and family (supporting Anakin and Padme’s right to be together, to have children) over the Jedi doctrines of total chastity and emotional repression
>Raises and acts as a father figure to a deeply troubled young Jedi for many years, only for said Jedi to be ambushed, horrifically burned, and forever maimed at the hands of a Jedi master for the apparent crime of being an apostate to the Jedi Order
>Eventually assassinated in a plot by fugitive Jedi masters, and the galaxy is once again plunged right back into the darkness and unforgiving chaos that he’d spent his life and rule keeping at bay

>Villain
He's literally the protagonist from both a moral and plot-centric perspective
He's only a villain because most people assume he is
Even George Lucas referred to him as a hero in the title crawl

Did they really leave that much gap between his mask and chest plate?

>There are heroes on both sides
>Palpatine is playing both sides, he's the hero of both the Republic and the Separatist movement
You physically couldn't make Palpatine more of a "Hero" other than by giving him a green lightsaber, and in doing so you'd miss the point entirely

You forgot
>Used a weapon of mass destruction to silence a planet full of innocents

>innocents

You forgot
>Tarkin and Palpatine are two different characters played by two different actors
>Palpatine made his first proper appearance in Return Of The Jedi
>Tarkin had used the Death Star on several planets before Palpatine's appearance
>Alderaan was a Rebel (aka terrorist) stronghold who justly received the galactic equivalent of the a drone strike

He's Julius Caesar: IN SPACE, don't give Lucas too much credit.

>Anton Chigurh

Literally my favorite villain. If 'favorite' is the right word in this case.

>the apparent crime of being an apostate to the Jedi Order

And you know....the whole mass child murder thing

>Commands apprentice to murder children

Obi Wan didn't attack Anakin over the killing of the Jedi-indoctrinated child soldiers, he attacked him for being a Sith who stayed loyal to the democratically elected Chancellor.
Watch the film, yeah?

Anakin attacked him.

Obi-Wan only chased him in the first place to confront him over the massacre of the Jedi temple.

Dubssingletripsdubs don't lie
>Sheev did nothing wrong

I'm sorry, but this is a villians thread, not a celebration of great fiction leaders

>19 posts
>No Bane

Y'all are a bunch of fucking homos!

Watch the film, Jesus Christ

Obi-wan
>Only a SITH deals in absolutes, I will do what I must
>IGNITES LIGHTSABER FIRST
Anakin
>You will try
>DEFENDS HIMSELF LIKE A RATIONAL HUMAN BEING

Anti-Palpatine posters are the worst, they don't even watch the movies they attempt to discuss

>bunch of fucking homos
For you.

Big guys can't be villains.

He's the obly reason I'll see the new pirates.

Hopefully he doesn't get the Spectre treatment.

>Child murderer is cornered by peace officer
>Peace officer asks him to come quietly and moves forward to restrain him
>Child murderer lunges with a blade weapon

ANAKIN GUD BOI, DINDU NUFFIN, YOUNGLING ATTACKED HIM JEDI IS RACISS AGAINST DESERT PEOPL!

>goes around tossing a coin to see who gets to live
>OMGG SO DEEP

Non-ironic answer

I actually felt bad for him when he died.

>Peace officer
Armed religious fanatic who's been declared a traitor by the official government
vs
Enforcer of official government policy
>order 66

>official government policy is always correct and should never be questioned

WELL GODDAMN, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?
IT LOOKS LIKE A VILLAIN THREAD WITH NO MENTION OF ME.
LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE OURSELVES A SMARTASS WITH SOME MAN-SIZED BALLS!
NOW ME, I CAN RESPECT THAT, BUT LUCILLE
WELL THAT SHIT REALLY PISSES HER OFF...

Are there any other shows with characters like Malvo?

What movie/series?

>Filename

I actually laughed, thanks for that.

he's the mob boss from In Bruges

great film

>A rogue religious group attempts a coup and then tries to assassinate the democratically elected chancellor over apolitical religious differences
>The chancellor then declares the group a treasonous group and declares an emergency situation
>Libertarians autistically screech over this because muh evil government muh jedi did nothing wrong

>said chancellor was responsible for instigating an intergalactic war
>he literally played both sides against each other
>this is ok though, I'll pretend it never happened

YOUR FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, SAVAGE

God.

>inb4 reddit fedora pics

It was a flick

FECK OFF

it's pure farrellkino

This, it looks like a guy in a bathrobe with a vader helmet pic pulled from google images crudely shopped on.

This guy didn't mess around. He fucking meant it. He killed women and children. Every threat was to be taken seriously and he terrorized Harry for half the movie. Also, that scream when he took a knife to the leg.

>not wanting a unified galaxy
>wanting Yhuuzahn Vong to fuck your wife

>fan fiction
>terrible fan fiction at that
You insult Sheev with your pleb ways.

Oh no he started a phoney war between droids and clones which ultimately rejuvenated the galaxy on a massive scale while destroying several treacherous alien organisations in the process
Robots and clones tho
No real people killed but robots and clones
Literally Hitler tho because war is bad no matter the context
He should have used the official bureaucratic channels like Chancellor Valorum did because that worked out so well

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT"

Never fails to make me laugh.

No Country For Old Men is one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

>No real people killed
>Skywalker literally killed children
>assassination attempts on Queen Amidala killed many of her personal guard
>implying there were no civilian casualties in any of the battles that took place across the galaxy
>forgetting about the wookies

Sheev cucks and Trump cucks confirming they support fascism for fascism's sake while not actually watching the movies in question. Sad!

He's just a metaphor for bad shit happening to innocent people without any reason.

If a metaphor doesn't require a PhD to understand then it's pleb shit.

>protagonist is the good guy
I see you went to film class instead of going to films

>A member of an apolitical monastic order that has loyally kept the peace for the democratic government and provided stability for thousands of years
>The henchman of a machiavellian douchebag who's instigated a galactic war where he commands both sides, costing millions of lives, purely to manipulate the democratic system and elevate himself into a position of power so he can execute a pogrom against a religious group, including the slaughter of children

I get the whole 'lewl look I'm so edgy I think baddies r goodies, im so dark' is maybe """cool""" at your highschool but you're really not going to win this argument with babby's first devil's advocate.

>A handful of child soldiers
>A few guards
>Bear niggers
>Out of a galaxy of trillions if not quadrillions or even more of sentient individuals
Holy fuck dogmatic libertarians and ancaps are retarded
So scared of muh fascism that they'd sacrifice an entire GALAXY for the aforementioned children, decoys, and gypsy bears.
Thank God they've got no power irl or in fiction

what? this is a star wars thread

chigurh is pure autismkino

>costing millions of lives
The Rebels alone killed more than this in their myopic war against the Empire, and they killed REAL people, not literal clones and droids.

>If we weren't executing unarmed civilians, engaging in large-scale warfare and being cunts, things would be EVEN WORSE™
>Proof that is would be? Guards, execute that man!

But hey, worked for Stalin.

>No one was killed!
>what about these people?
>Oh my god, they don't count, GOSH!

Also
>child soldiers
Gonna need a source for that claim user. We both know you can't back it up.

>the democratically elected chancellor

He was only elected chancellor because he started a fucking civil war in order to convince people to give him more power. If you did that and got caught in the real world you'd be tried and executed for treason.

Sheev wasn't even a fascist. He was actually more toward the libertarian side of the spectrum by getting rid of the senate, downsizing the central government, and giving direct control to regional governors. States rights. And everything was good so long as you don't violate the NAP against Sheev.

The Empire used the death star on an entire planet, when Rogue One confirmed it could use a low yield blast to destroy a city as opposed to an entire planet.

>hurr, the entire planet of billions was supporting the rebels durrrr

You haven't a leg to stand on cuck.

>Clones
>Not real people

Sheev is responsible for the rebellion in the same way Hitler was responsible for the Soviets turning Berlin into a rape party. Only thing worse than a totalitarian leader is an incompetent totalitarian leader who can't keep the order he promised would result from the suspension of civil liberties and/or open war.

>Taken from their parents from a young age and kept in a temple on a distant planet
>Indoctrinated on a constant basis into the Jedi religion
>Armed with literal laser swords
>Trained to use psychic abilities against foes

...have you not seen the prequel trilogy yet, user?

>younglings arent child soldiers
Literally trained for battle with a dangerous weapon by army generals

Where in any of the prequels does it show the children being used for combat? Do you not know what child soldiers are? Are you ok?

At least read the thread instead of going into an autistic rage about Alderaan for no reason
See

The republic was so corrupt and inefficient that it couldn't even settle a trade dispute on one of its worlds after they pleaded for help. It had to go, one way or another.

Wars and revolutions happen. Sometimes they're for the better. Sometimes you need to spill blood for what's right. By your logic, the American revolutionaries were evil because they attacked the British and overthrew them. The fact that Sheev positioned it all in such a way that there were MINIMAL real casualties (just droids and clones) is actually a GOOD THING. Any other way and there would've been far more real bloodshed.

>kid defends himself from clones that bust in his house to murder him and his friends
>oh my god, they're all confirmed killers from the age of 3, save us Palpy from these evul jedis

>An autocrat isn't responsible for the actions of his military leaders

wew lad

Literally no different than nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Holy shit lol

>Tarkin doesn't represent the Empire
At least use some common sense before making yourself look like a retard.

Giving children martial training doesn't make them child soldiers you screaming faggot.

The UK has armed forces cadets who are taught to shoot and other basic military skills, it doesn't mean the UK is utilising child soldiers.

>A grand moff orders his troops to destroy a planet that's been consistently funding and housing terrorists for years
>Proof that Palpatine did something wrong

These don't make any sense user

>The republic was so corrupt and inefficient that it couldn't even settle a trade dispute on one of its worlds after they pleaded for help.
You mean the same trade dispute that Palpatine started, and was manipulating behind the scenes specifically so it couldn't be resolved?

Islamic terrorists train little kids to be good little suicide bombers as well. Sheev did nothing wrong nipping that problem in the bud. I'd mow down a bunch of little muslim terrorists too. They're like people in a fanatical cult

>66
Opinion discarded by order of Sheev

If the US military nuked the entire country of Japan until there was nothing left you might have a proper comparison, but they didn't. Stay cucked my friend.

Fuck me, I haven't seen anti-Sheev Rebels mowed down this hard since that hallway scene in Rogue One

Which points to a systemic problem with the way the Republic works. The fact that it could be so easily made impotent is an issue. Sheev shows off a weakness of the republic and then gets rid of it. I don't see the problem here.

The empire was so corrupt and inefficient that it couldn't even rule it's territories without open rebellion supported by major planets.

Checkmate.

I'd take trade disputes over planets being blown up any day.

I was talking about the Empire user, not Palpatine in particular, nice reading comprehension.

>A kid defending himself against the state soldiers sent to execute him = child soldier and legal combatant

I hope you don't live in the USA.

>Empire collapses some twenty years later to a weaker and underfunded rebellion

You must enjoy getting cucked, defending the losing side and all.

Sheevs ded user

He'll always be in our hearts.

>Sheev shows off a weakness of the republic and then gets rid of it

To replace it with a """""stronk"""""" Empire that lasts just a couple of decades before dying in bloody revolution?

>George Lucas deliberately wrote the Empire to randomly lose to give a happy feels-goody ending to a series
>Anonymous posters see this as some sort of triumph after he runs out of arguments about why Sheev and the Empire are bad
What sort of creature wouldn't want to support Sheev and the Empire?
use ur brains, dummies

>George Lucas deliberately wrote the Empire to randomly lose to give a happy feels-goody ending to a series
So you admit the Empire are bad guys? Thanks for playing.

You example that the Republic is corrupt an inefficient is a trade dispute Sheev started and intentionally kept from being resolved.

Sheev WAS the corruption in the Republic. He overthrew the legitimate government in his own quest for power and used that power to oppress and subjugate billions of people. If things were so great under the Empire why did dozens of planets openly support a rebellion that achieved its destruction? The rebels have more in common with American revolutionaries than Sheev.

>randomly lose

Yes, because militaristic autocracies relying on a personality cult and rule by fear are so, so stable in real life and guaranteed to succeed.

Curse you George with your deceptive depictions!

Also clones > stormies

You need to realize the scale of the galaxy. Blowing up a planet is equivalent to nuking a city when it comes to the scale of the galaxy.

Think of it this way:

Population of the Empire was 100,000,000,000,000,000
Population of Alderaan was 2,000,000
That means 1/50,000,000,000th of the population died.

Population of the world in 1945: 2,200,000,000
Population that died from the nukes: 220,000 (highest-end estimate)
That means 1/1000th of the population died

Compare those two numbers. The japan nuking was SIGNIFICANTLY more devastating that alderaan's destruction.

DID NOTHING WRONG

>this fictional government was only evil because it was written that way! if it had been real it would have been great
I hope you know how retarded you sound now