Was this kino?

was this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2kNTY2iPY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everything before MoP was kino.

>BC nostalgiafags
Wrath was better suck a dick

Outing myself as a huge fag here, but Legion is downright fantastic. Aside from the retarded RNG legendary system, the content is top notch.

The trailer to WotLK was better than pretty much every fantasy film released in recent years and it's 2 minutes long. Top tier kino.

Wotlk was not kino.

got some boys with taste over here!

i agree. i cant stop myself from playing

MY DICK

Wrath was boring

I played Cata, MoP, and WoD for maybe 2 months each then unsubbed. Legion brought me back. It's phenomenal.

>dat equal ground pvp fights in hellfire peninsula cuz they made possible for everyone to get rank 13-14 gear before the expansion
>Fel reaver and Kazzak
>Karazan, Gruul, Serpentshrine
>BT and Illidan
>Arena released, so much fun even tho sl/sl lock, resto druid and stunherald war, ppl with glaives were op
>isle of quel danas epic pvp
yup, THE kino of wow

In terms of story and cinematic quality alone (Which we should be talking about since this is teevee) It's clearly the peak of the whole franchise. Everything about Arthas was extremely endearing

>making male characters

That'd be a no.
Deathknights were retarded, it took them literally a full expansion of continuous nerfs to finally 'balance' them for pvp. It was also the beginning of the casualization of the game, turning it into the pseudo pay to play phone app game it currently is.
It had a good storyline, but Blizzard is pretty shit at making new storyline, it was just the last of the wc3 storyline.

>tfw no gnome gf
;_;

BC was the beginning of the end for kino PvP. Arena was fun, but it should have been an event (monthly?) and given limited set items, trinkets and mounts/aesthetic upgrades along with the title. They needed better focus on outdoor objectives and more involved BGs.

Flying mounts needed a call time of a few minutes and an easy way to demount along with a debuff for overuse.

Dungeons and raiding were great -- phenomenal.

Too bad WoW has the same problem every expansion and that is content drought.
Raids are cleared way too fast and after that you are left with nothing interesting to do.
also, Emerald Nightmare is one of the worst raids wow has had in a long while

Literally the greatest video game ever made. No other game was ever even in the same league.

I hope the warcraft movie did well enough that we will eventually get to Arthas. It may be a generic story, but I love it.

Not sure why this is on Sup Forums, but okay.

Wrath > Legion > MoP > BC > WoD > Vanilla

People overrate BC because they had a good raid group and made friends during that time, though the game was fucking garbage compared to the game now.

what an awful opinion

Nigga you went full retard.

BC > Vanilla > Wrath = Legion > MoP > WoD > Cata

Sorry wrong.

BC > Vanilla > Legion > Wrath > Cata > Chess > Connect 4 > Rift > Wildstar > MoP > Diablo 3 Release > WoD

>2017
>progression raiding

Get a life

>bunch of sexy blood elf cheerleaders
I don't see anything wrong with this.

legion is fucking dogshit fucking artifact weapon you lose the thrill of dropping a good weapon in raid, the pvp is abysmal, everything is gated, welfare legendaries are a complete faliure, what an abomination, same as shitlords of garrison.

Switch Legion with Wrath and BC with Vanilla and you are absolutely correct.

How do people possibly unironically think Vanilla was good? How is it possible to have nostalgia goggles this strong? Unless you never played it and you're just repeating memes from trade chat.

It's not nostalgia, I played it at the time, and I've played it in 2016. It's pretty good.

more like game was kino until burning crusade and it went to shit

>tfw WoW killed even the slightest chance of an rts that continues the warcraft 3 story

reeee fucking manchildren

Not only did I play it, I was old enough when it released to not be nostalgic about it, and I still think its the best. We got all the server firsts until we disbanded in Wrath and I saw the game progressively get worse, starting with some changes in BC (which was still great).

>making female characters

rts is a dead genre, it was never happening anyway

They can do a reboot with an alternate storyline. WoW went so far off the books that its plausible. Too bad Blizzard is complete garbage now, so I have no faith in them. If they were somehow made Great Again™ it can happen.

>Vanilla raids were so challenging!
Their mechanics are 10% of modern boss mechanics. They seemed hard because they required so much fucking grinding and you had to get 40 retards, half of them on dial up, to know what's going on.

>Classes were so much better
Most classes had only one viable spec. Classes had like 10% of the abilities they have now, if you throw out skill ranks. Most classes literally spammed one or two skills.

>The community was better
Okay, I'll give you that. People cared more about challenging content and RP, and there weren't armies of gold farmers and casual normies whining to get everything handed to them. But that doesn't mean the game wasn't shit.

I do wish they'd release a stand-alone WC game again instead of it ALWAYS having to be online now.

>implying warcraft 3 hasn't aged like shit

>oldschool windfury for +1attack
>not playing a sword warrior with a resto shaman for triple proc attack
>shamans horde, paladins alliance, race wars ensue
>stranglethorn pvp all day erry day
>battle grounds ranking system that was actually a grind and difficult to hold high ranks
>pve that was actually difficult that 80% of people didn't ever get to see Kel Thuzad
I know it was the start, so it's obviously not going to be as polished as 15 years in the future, but how was it bad?

greetings. i have just arrived to the Sup Forums board for the first time. what is this "kino" meme, why are you posting Sup Forums material? kino is literally movie in russian.

go back to Sup Forums subhuman shit

PvE wasn't really difficult but it was way more time consuming than it is now.
The boss mechanics are a joke compared to now.

Wrath > MoP > Legion > BC >>Powergap>> Vanilla >>>> Cata >>>> Being slowly stabbed by a Mexican gang >>>> WoD

Also, unless there's info on a second movie:

>>Vanilla raids were so challenging!
>Their mechanics are 10% of modern boss mechanics. They seemed hard because they required so much fucking grinding and you had to get 40 retards, half of them on dial up, to know what's going on.
The amount of mechanics don't make a boss harder. Its how thin the line is between screwing up and winning.
>>Classes were so much better
>Most classes had only one viable spec. Classes had like 10% of the abilities they have now, if you throw out skill ranks. Most classes literally spammed one or two skills.
This meant classes were focused and unique within the game systems, it was simply better in every way.
>>The community was better
>Okay, I'll give you that. People cared more about challenging content and RP, and there weren't armies of gold farmers and casual normies whining to get everything handed to them. But that doesn't mean the game wasn't shit.
The community was better because as in real life your reputation could be destroyed and people would no longer play with you. Considering how long it took to level a character, this was a big deal.

While the mechanics were definitely more simple, I thought it was more fun. There are some bosses that are just plain too boring like Golemagg, but for the most part they're involved enough that it still feels like playing a game. I play games to relax and enjoy myself, not be stressed out because the boss has two dozen mechanics that I need to keep track of while also using my own mechanics.

>The amount of mechanics don't make a boss harder. Its how thin the line is between screwing up and winning.
So you think grinding is challenging

>This meant classes were focused and unique within the game systems, it was simply better in every way.
You're joking right? 1-2 spell classes and 1 viable spec out of three. You're defending that?

>Considering how long it took to level a character, this was a big deal.
Another reason why Vanilla was shit. Blizzard should have removed leveling entirely a long time ago. No one plays the game for that. The game is played at max level, and leveling is an unfun grind required to play.

i raided as a warlock then with the dagger from getting 1850 in the arena

>Another reason why Vanilla was shit. Blizzard should have removed leveling entirely a long time ago. No one plays the game for that. The game is played at max level, and leveling is an unfun grind required to play.

You literally didn't play Vanilla if you think that.

You think leveling in Vanilla was fun?

>>The amount of mechanics don't make a boss harder. Its how thin the line is between screwing up and winning.
>So you think grinding is challenging
No I think having people like hate the game and stay off of it is a good thing. There are plenty of games out there for you, you should've go talk about them elsewhere.
>>This meant classes were focused and unique within the game systems, it was simply better in every way.
>You're joking right? 1-2 spell classes and 1 viable spec out of three. You're defending that?
Yes, it meant that healers healed, and dps did damage and the 1 kind of tank did their job. The only real problem with the game is that warriors needed heavy dps nerfs after getting good gear.
Heres the thing actual balance is not fun, it never was and never will be.
>>Considering how long it took to level a character, this was a big deal.
>Another reason why Vanilla was shit. Blizzard should have removed leveling entirely a long time ago. No one plays the game for that. The game is played at max level, and leveling is an unfun grind required to play.
Leveling was part of MMOs because they were partially rpgs, it was to invest you in the character you created. If you didn't like that, again :
G
T
F
O

It's all a grind one way or another. Today you're grinding artifact knowledge doing the same couple dozen quests you did leveling from 100-110.

>Not having various male and female characters

the people you meet during leveling made it fun for the most part. and if you played it for the first time it was just really great discovering new areas not knowing where to go sometimes.

TIME FOR FUN

agree 100%
it was

>Heres the thing actual balance is not fun, it never was and never will be.
Opinion disregarded. Thank you.

It's a Teeming/Necrotic week, so my AP grind is out the window, save the WQs for Emissary or WQs that offer 60k+ AP.

I had more fun leveling in Vanilla than I did during all of MoP, WoD, and Legion combined.

I still have friends from vanilla leveling that I met doing stupid shit like exploring the flightpath from SW to IF.

Can you say the same?

>Opinion disregarded. Thank you.
Buttblasted druid player how found out he could only heal at max level detected.
Get back in your shitty forest and heal me hippy.

AP is designed to not be grinded. The amount you get from actually playing is sufficient. The amount of grinding required to achieve anything higher than that is so ludicrous that there's no motivation to grind. You just do your raids/bg/arenas every week and you're good.

This is the truest and saddest post in the thread.

BC > Cataclysm 4.0 > Wrath > Vanilla > Panda > Legion > WoD > Cataclysm post 4.0

>info on second movie
youtube.com/watch?v=n2kNTY2iPY8
there you go

Or I could go back to my characters of any class and play any spec I want and still be viable in PvP and PvE because they fixed the game.

>Buy time
>Level up
>Que arena
>Get trained by melee comps
>Unsub

At least the pve stuff was fun

>Another reason why Vanilla was shit. Blizzard should have removed leveling entirely a long time ago. No one plays the game for that.

Go kill yourself you fucking subhuman nigger

Kill

Your

Self

No
But Legion is

>Or I could go back to my characters of any class and play any spec I want and still be viable in PvP and PvE because they fixed the game.
Thats the exact problem, you shouldn't even be playing the grind from level 1 on up should've killed your motivation and culled you from the game before you became cancer.
Its too late now unfortunately.

are mmos a dead genre. never hear anyone talk about them anymore.

Giggled real stinkin hard m8.

Artifact weapons are self aware, not dogshit.

Random legendary and titanforge grind is the real reason it sucks.

Yes it's particularly more trash now. Frost DK damage is that of 2 people. PvP is dead.

You used to be able to outplay people. Deterrence warrior charge, rogue openings. Rogue in general. Different schools to cast from.

Now it's shit

I know 20-30 people irl who have played WoW, plus plenty in-game, and if I asked all of them if they enjoyed leveling, only 1-2 people would say they did.

I'm convinced Vanilla-fags are so far in the "vanilla and bc were so much better" meme that they have become delusional. They'll literally admit that a video game shouldn't be fun to support their opinion.

not the leveling itself but dicking around was. vanilla warcraft was one of the best open worlds ever created i think

It hasn't you plebian fag.

I've still got that poster. Feels good man.

>DUDE FUCKING ICE DRAGON LMAO
>ARTHAS IS SO COOL I LOVE THAT LONG WHITE HAIR WHAT A BADASS LOL FROSTMOURNE LMAO RIGHT?
WotLK fanboys are literal cancer.

>Outplay people.
I mean, just going by warlocks for the first three games:
>Vanilla
Fear and DoT. Fear only eventually got patched to be broken by damage way later on.
>TBC
SL/SL
>Wrath
Immolate, Fear, Conflagrate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, You Dead

My personal favorite is the Vanilla trailer, but you have to be a special kind of retard not to see how the WotLK trailer is the best one.

Yeah it's just stupid, the people I was playing against were just rolling their faces while I was fake casting, switching targets for burst, cross CCing etc etc

Didnt matter, fuck pvp, fun while it lasted

You had a lot more tools to deal with warlocks though, or any class for that matter. Priests had Fear ward, there was nether ward for shadow damage. Scare beast. Hibernate.

There has been WAY too much pruning.

It's boring and without substance, it features nothing that indicates the nature or mood of the story and is just Michael Bay levels of LOOK AT THIS COOL THING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>while I was fake casting, switching targets for burst, cross CCing etc etc
You still have to do this. This isn't skill. This is entry level pvp. Your casual is showing.