Could Prince Harry be P.M.?

Brit's, serious question: Could Prince Harry be Prime Minister, or is there some law/ rule forbidding royals from serving in public office?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_of_Hanover#Heiress_of_the_crowns
bmsf.org.uk/about-the-monarchy/the-queen/duties-rights-and-powers-of-h-m-the-queen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He'd just have to be elected in a constituency then run for leadership of his party, there's no legal mechanism to block him.

He would have to renounce his titles and his claims to said titles and then be elected an MP like everyone else.

Technically anyone can be appointed PM, but they need to have the confidence of the Commons i.e. in reality no

Thanks, that was my next question. So, he would have to suspend whatever stipend he gets for being a royal?

>He would have to renounce his titles and his claims to said titles
The only issue would be if he was already a member of the House of Lords, there's no requirement to get rid of a title to sit in the commons e.g. Lord Palmerston.

he is a bastard child...
wouldn't that be glorious though!
i would rest easy knowing his intentions would put the nation he grew up in first, above all else.. bar none.

Since when is Prince Harry so hot?

Guy's a real man, unlike his faggy brother.

William is not "faggy" but he does look like a balding cuck. Hot wife though.

technically the queen can appoint anyone as prime minister. the pm is the chair of the cabinet, the cabinet is a committee of the privy counsel appointed by the queen, the queen can make anyone a pc, and confidence votes are merely advisory. you're wrong about your own country. sad!

I know she can appoint her favourite corgi if she wants, but effectively it has to be the leader of the largest party in the Commons, as they're the ones that control the money, and anyway the Lords is effectively neutered these days.

Britbong, is the Royal Family surname really "Wales"??

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor
It's a dynastic name not a surname though, so I think informally Charles kids use Wales (prince of Wales), Andrews York (Duke of York) etc.

It's Windsor, originally Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

Thanks.

Still is legally
The Windsor name is just used in public, since WWI
German family, ruling the Brits, nice

It is not unusual if you knew anything about monarchy, not that I'm defending them.

>German family, ruling
(harrumph)...well, see here, Divine Right and all that thing, you know...

Sure
His "real" father is James Hewitt, not Charles
That's why some of his shit is put up with by the Queen, the public likes him, more like a real guy, because he is

Charles family is German, no "real" ties to English Blood Royalty, Diana was a decedent of Charles II, Charles was related to Charles II Aunt, Both were related to James the 1st, but William has more "True" English Blood from his mother, his children are from a commoner, that's why Kate's official name is The Princess William, she has 0 Royal Blood, after all the European inbreeding the future bloodline of English Kings will be more robust and more English, so the buck teeth should be going away

So Harry is of Royal Blood, but is not a true decedent of the current Queen

Opposite actually the Stuart's were such massive fuckups who believed in divine right, we gave the crown to the 1st Protestants in the line of succession, this women and her kids.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_of_Hanover#Heiress_of_the_crowns

and also made sure that anyone who married a Catholic couldn't become King as most Protestants were German it just kept getting more German until WW1.

Back in the olden days, the British royal family was a whole lot more German. When the Brits imported the Hanovers, the first English king from that line (George I) didn't speak English. Also, he was famous for having two of the most spectacularly ugly women in Europe as mistresses.

He's right though.

bmsf.org.uk/about-the-monarchy/the-queen/duties-rights-and-powers-of-h-m-the-queen/

>2016
>monarchy

t. 240 year old "country"

Yeah, well as the Brits have had a German royal family since George I, that ship sailed when America was still a British colony.