Explain to me why it's ok for them to use a dead actor's likeness and voice to use him in a role that he never agreed...

Explain to me why it's ok for them to use a dead actor's likeness and voice to use him in a role that he never agreed to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ngm0QwuDCv0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Congress_(2013_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDpg-6D9VI
variety.com/2016/film/news/rogue-one-peter-cushing-digital-resurrection-cgi-1201943759/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cushing#Star_Wars
youtu.be/vks87lS9E-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think they got his family's permission.

Because the family got paid for it

The first scene with "him" in it was jarring but by the second I had already forgotten he was animated

He agreed to the role 40 years ago

nice meme

This actually. Leia somehow managed to be much creepier despite only appearing for a second.

Where'd the audio for his voice come from?

Soundalike

like I totes forgot he was cgi guys

Cushing's biggest regret about Star Wars was that Tarkin died and he couldn't do any more sequels. He got his wish posthumously.

I guess I didn't look close enough, I thought him legit and just thought 'Wow, this guy is a dead ringer, good find'

>finally gets to be in a sequel
>he's dead

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

They shouldve just used Charles Dance desu senpai

Are you saying this is some sort of virtual rape?

What kind of faggotry is this op?

Because he's dead, its actually necrophilia

Dance is based as fuck, but I sincerely doubt he'd have accepted trying to fill Cushing's shoes.

I'm glad that Christopher Lee didn't live to see this.

But actually it's a prequel.

Just wait until they bring back a young Dookuu for the Qui-Gon spin off

That's different, not cgi resurrection crap

Guy Henry, would be a good young Tarkin if they needed one

youtube.com/watch?v=Ngm0QwuDCv0

you think? go find out

Dance would have been better to be honest. Because he knows how to act. The Rogue One Tarkin might have looked like Cushing, but he didn't act like Cushing. He did none of the little things that give a performance life.

because her eyeballs look like flat disks and her mouth hangs open like a glitched out video game.

That is actually the plot to this film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Congress_(2013_film)

carrie fisher was cursed by that cgi leai.

desu he would need a major cheek augmentation

Why didn't they use a CG Mon Mothma?

Caroline Blakiston is somehow not worthy of having her likeness rendered?

Or conversely, how many fucking young people can name a Peter Cushing role outside of a Hammer horror flick (if even that)? Is Peter Cushing really notable enough in Current Year that they couldn't just recast him?

What a weak ass excuse. What if I go get your family's permission to rape you?

>how many fucking young people can name a Peter Cushing role
This is true. I saw R1 with someone in her forties and even she didn't know who Cushing was. Normal people just don't know.

I guess if I was dead

it was a disney vanity project
but they should have recast everyone but leah. Then they should have had leah not talk. Perfect for continuity (right at the end)

Alternatively it would have been very impressive to see tarkin as a hologram.

>I saw R1 with someone in her forties
your mom

*sickburn

Ah you got me!
(She's actually more than a decade younger than me. My mom is dead.)

Sorry dude :[

>Leah
Whut

same

CGI looked better than that.

literally rape. literally skaking.

I'm betting that somewhere in your contract your likeness as presented in character becomes part of the IP.

So for example Christensen's likeness as Anakin in the cartoons can be used without explicitly asking him.

Kek

he lived to see The Hobbit, which is arguably much much worse

choose 1

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDpg-6D9VI

They own the rights to the character, plu any likeness can easily be hand waved legally.

This is true of a lot fo the actors in Star Wars but iirc a few didn't sell their likeness even in-character.

Disney.

You should have seen this shit coming the very instant they acquired the franchise. Get ready for Peter-Cushing-costumed mascots doing balloon animals at Star Wars Land.

I'm sitting here imagining this scenario:
>"So do we have a deal? Can I rape user?"
>yeah, he's a faggot
>shake hands, maybe brunch invite

For Muslims, this is literally word-for-word what happens.

Well, he signed a release form when he joined the force. He's legally dead. They can do pretty much what we want to him.

Any movies with this feel?

This is the mid 70's for a movie everyone thought was going to fail. Fox passed up on merchandising right for fuck's sake, there's a good chance Cushing didn't have to relinquish his likeness, even as the character of Tarkin.

Tons of documentaries if those count. You can't make actual movies with this because Muslims would have them banned in Europe and they'd flop financially.

They could just pull a star wars, call them """"""sand people""""""

Because dead people are fucking dead, do you think it's wrong to make a movie with the likeness of Napoleon on it? No, because he is fucking dead

He looked like Rebels was cropped into the picture with Ms paint. Really cheap and lame bullshit, on top of being offensive on multiple levels

Because it's okay to use their likeness for pretty much everything else.
Honestly, if I were Cushing and I were alive to see anything post my appearance in Star Wars, I'd be the most offended at my likeness in Revenge of the Sith.

Shut up you fucking nigger

People on Sup Forums will defend that.

Using the magic of cg face mapping to make a younger count

Sorry should've finished my original sentence

Winter Tarkin is OP.

Nice one user, even if the normal fags here can't appreciate it.

what did he mean by "Bring back"

I know George Lucas got Carrie Fishers likeliness for the toys, so its safe to assume he did the same for other actors in the older films at least.

Yeah, I am sure not getting more royalties was the issue here.

No one cares what you think you ignorant little faggot.

kek

variety.com/2016/film/news/rogue-one-peter-cushing-digital-resurrection-cgi-1201943759/

>It was so impressive, in fact, that Cushing’s former secretary — Joyce Broughton, who oversees his estate and attended the film’s London premiere with her grandchildren — was taken aback emotionally when she saw the creation on screen.

>“When you’re with somebody for 35 years, what do you expect?” Broughton says. “I can’t say any more because I get very upset about it. He was the most beautiful man. He had his own private way of living.”

>Broughton, who was bequeathed Cushing’s estate when he died without an heir in 1994, was reticent to go into details about the situation due to a confidentiality agreement she signed with Disney and Lucasfilm. But despite the emotions, she said she was dazzled by the experience of the new film.

>“I have to say, I’m not a ‘Star Wars’ fanatic, but I did think whoever put it together were absolutely fantastic,” she says. “It’s not just a silly sort of thing. It’s really good!”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cushing#Star_Wars

>This costuming discomfort aside, Cushing contrasted sharply with co-star Alec Guinness in that he enjoyed his experience on the film, appreciated the renewed interest in his work from young fans and only regretted that he could not appear in the sequels.

>Old person fooled by computer images

Why did Alec Guinness have to be such a tremendous faggot about this shit?

He wasn't bad at all. Honestly not noticeable unless you studied him. Faggot.

Leia was waaay worse, that shit went full uncanny valley.

IE the Senpai IS whoring out the money maker

Alec Guinness was 100% right and predicted the advent of faggot manchildren like you.

Reminder that Cushing was a time lord.

youtu.be/vks87lS9E-E

Forgot Mah image. Being a night-dwelling britfag is suffering.

>like you
>Sup Forums poster trying to lord over other Sup Forums posters

You're starting off the new year on a great foot

fucking kek'd
this so much

I'm curious about how well makeup would have worked but it probably would've been really odd when ANH picks up literally minutes after R1. Still wish they could've tried Ralph Fiennes though. Resemblance is uncanny.

they replaced mothma
fisher will age like milk in this movie

Just like that episode of Bojack Horseman. Soon, all actors will just be CGI.

I'd have to disagree. We've reached a sort of plateau with CG graphics, where there's only very marginal room for improvement. Diminishing returns and such. Really they just need to improve the animation, it looks fine in stills. So CGI will get better, but R1 will never look as bad as, say, Attack of the Clones.

I can forgive Mon Mothma since she doesn't appear for another two films and has a larger role than Tarkin that would be less suited for a CGI character. And in a way I feel it's sort of doing justice to the actress who had her scenes in ROTS cut. A re-cut of that movie with more Bail and Mon Mothma for continuity might make it almost worth watching.

He was a bitter old drunk who wanted to be taken seriously as an actor was mad that more people knew him from Star Wars than Bridge on the River Kwai.

Cushing was just happy to be in a movie people loved, and was glad that he got to bring joy to children. Dude was apparently one of the nicest people on the planet, and I was kind of glad they brought him back, since it's obviously what he would have wanted.

The god honest truth is that I was impressed by the CGI when I saw the prequels. I remember being really blown away by so much of Avatar. The Rouge One animations look not good. When we have better stuff to compare it to it will indeed look even more shitty. If you watch the real Tarkin and the real shots and lighting and movement from Star Wars, then compare it to the stiff, unmoving, flat shots from R1, there is so much room for improvement. Most of this demands improvements in lips, eyes, and lighting.

the only thing that's maxed out now is modeling. Luckily we will be alive to see how it all plays out.

>Star Wars Multiverse

>We've reached a sort of plateau with CG graphics, where there's only very marginal room for improvement.
Shut the fuck up retard.

SPOILERS!!

Man Mothma?

This post is fucking embarrassing user.

Is there a movie/documentary about ex muslims who avoid being killed?

I need this for reasons

>and has a larger role than Tarkin
>the cheerleader who's in one scene
>larger role than the secondary antagonist of the first film

He acted in the hobbit, so didn't he kind of approve of it then

you made a mistake, that was Tarkin, Taarkin, Taaarkin and Taaaarkin

No it isn't you fucking retard.

Doesn't Ford act pretty much the same way Guinness did regarding fandom related stuff?

Why be right when we can kick you out and be done with it.

Is that the new slogan over on r/the_donald?

tell the truth pedo fuck

It's time to stop posting libcuck