DIDN'T EVEN SELL OUT. lol

Months of hype, fight doesn't even sell out.
wtf?
are novelty fights dead now?
Conor embarrassed himself, but so did MMA - and so did boxing cuz this shit didn't even sell out.

"Just hours before the fighters were to step into the ring, the T-Mobile Arena website had tickets available in every section except one in the upper bowl and the floor..."

They overpriced the tickets and ppv too much. Some tickets were going for as much as $50K. No one can afford that shit, and those that can would probably prefer privacy so they can do rails off of hookers stomachs and watch the fight at the same time.

mayweather promotion is a complete joke
i hope they/floyd go bankrupt

Broke the gate for the most money ever, they dont give a fuck about asses on seats its dollars in the bank.

Joshua Klitschko had 90,000 people at it and did 10 times less gate

Cause tickets to a fight are shit. Even a front row seat is inferior to a TV viewing. People are just now figuring this out because boxing used to be shitty to watch on tv. Now you can see every angle up close and slowmo replays.

Who wants to go to a boxing fight?
Boxing doesn't care about in-arena audience

Why is this money grab shit such a thing? Is boxing a sport that's only for the rich or for the general public?

They'll have made the real cash via PPV. I'll be surprised if it actually surpasses the Pacquiao fight's return though.

Don't try to explain that to the retards here m8, they are legitimately too stupid to see something like this

Are you retarded? 95% of the money comes from PPV. The fight seats are just cherry on top.

the ticket prices were dropping like crazy all week.
Too bad Conor looked like CM Punk out there, we'll never see another cross-sport fight.

Conor gets $7.4 million after taxes and payouts to manager, agent, publicist, etc. And then he has to give a huge percentage of that to the UFC. WAsn't so great for Conor, desu.
He got a few million, but he looked like a fool and shat on his legacy.

Tito Ortiz went on Instagram to live stream and you would think he would be up close but nope that dude had terrible seats kek

It was fucking 60 dollaridoos for PPV. Of course it made a shit ton of money whem they sold tens of millions of those.

Sup Forums again proves retarded

the gate is maybe 10% of the ppv, also, they'd rather sell 10 seats for 5k each than 50 seats for $100 each

>Boxer vs a Non-Boxer in a Boxing match
>Expecting anything decent out of it

Would have honestly been more interesting to watch them have a game of tennis against each other.

>Still break ppv records

This

there's only a certain number of people who are

1 rich enough to pay thousands for a ticket
2 don't really care about boxing (it's a meme fight)

it's basically an impulse buy from mostly conor fans

Who would go watch a Mayweather fight? Technical "Smart" boxers are boring as hell to watch. After Pacquiao i fully expected Mayweather to turtle and dodge the entire fight wearing his opponent down while landing most of his thrown punches in the end winning by points.

>DIDN'T EVEN SELL OUT. lol
They broke the gate record. That's all that matters.

Yea by the end of the week they started giving away tickets to social media stars. Casey Neistat got like 8 tickets for free.

They use money to market their fights as "big"... its a snake eating its own tail: say fighters are fighting for $100m, get people to buy $99ppv because the fight is so big fighters are fighting for $100m. pay the fighters $100m because peolpe pay $99pv to watch the fighters fight for $100m.

that pic. lmfao. conner is such a pathetic loser.

who wants to see a box fight in which one of the contenders isn't a box fighter

Why? How much did Mayweather get?

100 in burgerland

>Would have honestly been more interesting to watch them have a game of tennis against each other.

call up the All-England club, we need this to happen

>shat on his legacy

Not really. His legacy is as an MMA fighter. This was his first ever boxing match only utter retards actually expected him to win.

i dont watch MMA and i dont particularly like mcgregor but i dont think he embarrassed MMA, just himself from talking it up like an idiot and cutting that much

I've been saying it should have been a best of 3
Boxing
MMA
Chess for tiebreaker

So Connor gets more than the fraction of $7.4 that the other user says.

Was £20 here.