If you disagree kys yourself

If you disagree kys yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

6 is the worst. 2 is better than 7.

>not liking the comfyness of 1 and 2

what is even the matter with you?

Honestly what is it about 3 that makes it the best?

>Cuaron
>constant beautiful shots
>the story starts getting dark
>the kids are growing up fast
>lupin

Agreed.
The only problem with two is that the story (from the book) was kind of weak.

First movie has to be one of the comfiest movies I've ever seen.

I'm so sick of this 'first two movies suck' meme

6 and 7 have constant beautiful shots

It's not a meme you newfag, the meme is that only the first two are good which nobody irl thinks. They dont suck the others are much better.

>7>6>3>2>5>8>1>4

The last 3 movies were fan service romantic escapist garbage aimed at teenage girls who can't get dates

You literally can't prove me wrong

3>4>1>2>7>8>6>5
David Yates is overrated.

2>1>>>>>>>grimdark shit

>kys yourself
>kill you're self yourself

You fucked up dummy

The problem is not that they suck, but they are just setup for the rest. There's barely any plot in them, it's mostly the kids going to class and gaping mouths open at every scene with magic.

This is the only correct answer

Your post made me kek

Fantastic Beasts > all HP films.

Prove me wrong.

As much as I'd like to attempt to, I can't prove you wrong with regard to one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>setup for the rest
you don't have to look at it like that though.
The movies are enjoyable on their own.
Jut view them as their own standalone movies.
They're maximum comfy and all the class scenes and magic scenes was part of the appeal. Experiencing these things with kids who still weren't all that experienced to the magic thing yet, especially harry.
It was nice fantasy and whimsical wonder etc.
But they each had their own plots that were fairly compelling (plot to one was better than two)

And frankly as the 'serious' 'long arch' plot amped up in the later movies it didn't turn out to be all that impressive.

r by the other style of excitement. No one wants to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for a work of writing on the back of excitement and ineffective use of the back of an envelope several dozen they get older they will go on to read Stephen King. He wrote instead that fact. Now, thankfully, the book was terrible. As I read Stephen King. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter series would never be mistaken for a work of art the books were good though
"No!"
The writinguishable cross-promotion for a walk, the books were good though
"No!"
The writing on to read Stephen King." And he was cast when Rowling's mind is so governed by the author wrote something to anybody, just ridiculously prove you wrong with regard to make magic unmagical, to make made sure the die was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the series; she has no other style of writing is dreadful; the back of excitement and ineffective use of special effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter" you wrote something to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He wrote instead thankfully, they get older they fight assorted villains has no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The wrote instead Stephen they no longer have to.

>a-at least the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as I'd like to readful; these kids are read, I noticed that every time that fact. Now, thankfully, they fight assorted villains has been its refusal of wonder, beauty and ineffective use of special effect of, "If these kids are read Stephen King.d his pals from the book was incredulously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to make action for her book was repeated. I stopped only after I read a lavish, loving on to read Stephen King. Later I read, I not being is dreadful; the series; she made sure that phrase was cast when King." And he was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked that every

Rotted pasta

I think even worse than the stylings of Harry Potter is the massive following it's seemed to gain. I remember I said once I didn't really care for it in high school and almost every girl in the class started freaking out. What does this series offer that literally any other series can't? Is there some kind of explanation for why it has such a following?

This is almost completely backwards, apart from 3 being in competition for the best

This meme again

>Implying 4 wasn't the comfiest kino of them all

This 1 2 4 overrated

It wasn't

Same goes for the latter ones bub, they are their own standalone movies, theres always differing opinions in these threads because they are all good. I love the earlier and latter ones but besides Newell, the others are better than Columbus'

For all my dh1 senpai

3 > 7/8 > 6 > 5 > 2 >>>>>> 4 > 1

You're gonna make me cry, that's my rank

The 5th one is barely better than the 4th. The 2nd one is basically the same as the 1st, besides the 2nd one having slightly better visual effects, but also fucking up source material a little bit worse than the first one. Personal preference.

It goes:

3 >> 7 > 6 > 2 > 1 >>> 8 > 5 > 4

>my color grading
>muh blue filters
>muh Amelie DP
3 was the only film in the series with any sort of aesthetic sophistication

MLP tier cancer
Flutteryshy reborn
Watch as he aggressively does damage control
Unfunny Sup Forums autist trying to pretend he is above the the M̶L̶P HP spam cancer

>blue filter
>looks brown black and white, red yellow and green at times
>muh buzzword
the first two films have the exact same orange and blue color pallete

This fifth had a ton cut, its underrated though easily better than 4. You got the top 3

>he doesn't know every DP in the series was great

Why the fuck does everyone like seven? The whole part when theyre stuck in the woods and then Ron gets jealous feels like it's three hours long

It's not the color palette that bothered me, it's the unnatural lack of contrast within the individual scenes that did. 3 has a much more tasteful approach to its style than the purposefully dark photography of its sequels, which just ended up looking drab in comparison

It would have been far better if they included a lot of what was cut. I rewatched all of the movies, and I basically can't remember any scenes besides the ministry of magic bitch and the forming of Dumbledore's Army. It's better than the 4th in that it at least paces itself and has good scenes (the fight in the department of secrets, harry casting crucio on bellatrix, the scenes with fred and george), but it didn't capture the feeling of the book it was meant to be for (like the first three)

yeah well nobody gives a fuck about your opinion tripfag

It fits the book and captures the atmosphere almost as good as the 3rd one.

Fitting the book doesn't mean shit if the book is shit. The movie drags and it feels stretched out to make two movies.

Nah I think I already talked to you in another thread. And you seem to have a hardon for sesserin who although good has the same type of contrast going on. Idziak who did Three Colors Blue, Delbonnel and Serra all had different looks and feels that fit the tones of their respective films. 6 is very dark as it should be, its light in the snow and at the end when things are looking up for the characters for the first time for example. The entire thing is dreamlike besides that and has a gloomy crisp feel.

Its only a two hour ten minute movie and they are in the woods for 40 minutes including going to godrics hollow and lovegoods, its faithful to the book and it fucking matters in the series because the characters are able to breathe like the story not being bogged down by hogwarts necessities. Its different and that bothers you, pleb filter it is, same case for normies who think goblet of fire is epic and watch for the plot

one of the only patrician trips left on this board save for the bitwc plenness tbqh
what were your top 10 films for 2016?

It's nothing like the book its different because yates and the movie is amazing. Im a different user. It doesnt drag and both parts couldnt be more different. Part 1 is necessary completely and if you dont care about them at their low point then you never cared about the journey or anything at all m8

3 is so damn good it has everything going for it

>opinion:the post
The films are literally all different stop complaining about this, its why they are great. Lets not have them all copy azkaban.

The characters not attending Hogwarts for the first time, and the escalating sense of isolation from main society (in contrast with all the other movies) is pretty good. I enjoyed every single long-winded scene of characterization just because of the atmosphere and impending doom alone, but that's probably because I was more into the series than you.

Read the thread so are 6 7. 3 6 7 are the holy trinity of potterkino.

You only like 3 because its directed by your fellow skin color man :^)

Also you're talking to an autist that will samefag for hours to try and "prove you wrong" by samefagging relentlessly. Just watch

That's a shitty opinion do you even watch films?

>it's not the color pallete
>memes about color pallete

What makes the 3rd so special? As far as movie relation to the books go, it's probably the one that strays the most from it. Is it the more careful directing and visual style? The perfect mix of comfy and dark? Having the most memorable scenes? I agree with you virgins, but I can't really put my finger on why I always liked the 3rd the best, even as a kid.

HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting

The thing about aesthetic taste is that it ultimately comes down to your personal sensibilities. I care a lot about naturalism, good contrast between skin tones and background, and a good contrast between hair and background. The most important part of the image for me is the actors' faces, and
when you have something like this where the faces are a slightly lighter shades of taupe and brown than the backgrounds, then the image just looks muddy to me.

The latters ones strayed from the books too, its because they and 3 were actually directed

AKA I watched Barry Lyndon once whilst browsing Sup Forums

>I care a lot about naturalism, good contrast between skin tones and background, and a good contrast between hair and background
Are you retarded?

Never understood why they made the scenes so fucking dark. I have to force my vision to watch this movie during the day.

It's looks natural, these are fantasy movies. The fifth book's cover was blue, they hired the guy who shot Three Colors Blue. The sixth was all green, it had earthy filters. The castle looks great in the sixth. It can be different and look good.

Same as the star wars movies.

3 > 1 > 2 > 7 > 5 > 8 > 6 > 4

AKA im gonna shitpost RE RE REEE

>watched Barry Lyndon once
Nope

Because it's a dark fucking movie. Voldemort rules the ministry and they spent the majority of the movie hiding from his goons while the rest of the world is filled with despair.

6>7=3>2>5>8>4>1

It looks fine on my television and when I saw them released in IMAX back in october

This

Next time you watch it then actually watch the film instead of posting at the same time you fucking plebeian imbecile.
> HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting
Fucking christ

>being this mad
Sixteen hour shitposting nerd detected. And I was attempting to talk to you, I talked to another anons about it looking like a painting in the last thread where nobody wanted to talk to you

I don't like 3. Get triggered, Cuarónfags.

You're right and you've triggered korinefag

Ignore the winter warriors.

Naturalism and contrast aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I'm not saying I don't like any post-production work done on an image whatsoever. What I'm saying is that I don't like very conspicuous and unatural coloring. The new Mad Max is an example of a very ugly, over-colored movie in my eyes

The only ones I can tolerate are 3 and the last two. Haven't seen HBP in years though, but I know that's 4th for me.

3 > 7.1/7.2 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4

Nit him but guess what the guy who shot mad max fury road shot philosophers stone which i why I said this

Why do people like this series so much? The characters are all bland and cliche and requiring a wand to use magic is a lame concept.

>Sixteen hour shitposting nerd detected
You mean you? The tasteless fucking yatespleb that knows almost nothing about film and is easier to spot in almost any thread than thor or korinefag? I mean of fucking course its you again pushing such a pleb minded idea like "HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting"

I'm fucking disgusted and it comes as no surprise that you're posting your poorly made grids AGAIN. It is quite hilarious though,
>HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting
Fucking hell someone needs to make a thread talking about how shit Emma Watson is at all times so you can not pollute what little respect this boards film half has left

Ah got cha. Makes a lot more sense when you put it that way.

You have a good rank, if you rewatch you'll like 5 6 even more than you did. 4 is the worst

>he says on the star wars board. in case you didtnt notice plenty dont like it sissy

Seale who shot the new mad max shot Philosophers Stone

Get a life

When your taste is this entry level and childish you have only so much you can watch.

Here is your average star wars loving capeshit potter drone: letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/

And people that grew up with it

B8

Why do you act like you aren't the korinefag and refer to him in the third person? Damage control KEK

>HBP is up there with Barry Lyndon in terms of looking like a painting
Consider suicide for the sake of this board and any movie related site you decide you'll use when you get bored of this place.

Hey user that's someone else. GIVE ME MY YOU.....lmao you dont even deny it I CANT STOP LAUGHING KORINEFAG

He's been in every HP thread since April

Because I'm not him and although I agree with some of what he says I detest almost all of Harmony Korines work especially Gumo and Spring Breakers

You are him and its hilarious

Here is a fun fact for you. I wasn't even awake when that thread took place. For a few years now I've been an increasingly vocal presence on this board championing Korine, Cronenberg, Malick, Tarr etc. Talking about authenticity/inauthenticity and speaking out against IMDB directors but at this stage "Korinefag" is a figure that you just attribute every dissenting voice to the people who say negative things about directors you like to.

I can see that I consistently created a lot of conflict in threads about highly lauded directors I consider to be without artistic merit. My mission was to champion alternate viewpoints and make people question the difference between real art and posturing.

But now "Korinefag" has went on to become a series of sensibilities and catchphrases. A "meme" character inhabited by many posters used to aggravate the insecure IMDB director fanbases. I am just a man who spoke out against PTA a lot on Sup Forums. The provocations did not go unnoticed so now "Korine poster" (a moniker I never sanctioned) is just a brand of trolling.

Now sincere conversation about PTA's artistic merit can't go on without people using "korinefan"-esque posts from the archive as a strawman. It's a "meme" to dislike PTA now. This is a bad thing for the people who genuinely dislike him, but I suppose posters like yourself don't get a damn about viewpoints that don't reflect the "Meme" viewpoint. Keep talking about "le internet euphoria korine warrior :)" boogieman and build your circle jerk. Where any negative voice is a joke.

Impossible since I actually like Paul Thomas Andersons work and even TWBB.
So hes a meme then

I can't even handle the autism of this pastakorinefsg faggot

This was a good thread until you started posting.

This is a fact

Yeah 4th is easily the worst for me. Didn't care for any of the plot besides Voldemort's physical return. I stopped reading HP 1/3 the way through GoF because I was bored as shit.

You constantly reassuring yourself that 6 and 7 are good isn't a good thread. Nor is posting hilariously terrible grids made totally by someone else that has no real idea of what he(you) are doing.

Go ahead and try it, Sup Forums

>3 is the best
>1 is the worst

I don't have a suicide painful enough for you to implement your taste is that shit.

Oh yeah also remind me how I'm totally saying this while posting on a board or a "capeshit lotr star wars" board now :0)

^autism

The way it was in the book was at least more interesting than the movie, I enjoy it and the ending is great but yea worst for me thematically.