Why are there rock classics, but no rap classics (that people still listen to)...

Why are there rock classics, but no rap classics (that people still listen to)? People on here are even beginning to call pic related badly dated and bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UE0HTC89VPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Paul's boutique is a rap classic

The Chronic is still listened to
even by normies

THE WU IS COMING THROUGH
THE OUTCOME IS CRITICAL

flockaveli is classic though

I'm pretty sure 2001 is the more normie album

Wtf do you mean there are no rap classics? There are dozens of rap albums that are widely regarded as classics to the genre. Maybe there aren't nearly as much classic albums compared to rock, but hip hop isn't nearly as old or influential.

What do you mean people still listen to?

nice b8 m8

illmatic exists you fag

wu tang, biggie, 2 pac, NWA, slick rick, one may argue bone thugs (nostalgia), do you live under a rock OP? I hear these all weekly at my workplace

>bone thugs

LMAO

>but no rap classics (that people still listen to)?

Do you honestly believe that or are you just trolling?

Plenty of rap classics, just no trap classics because trap is shit

>but no rap classics
You're on crack if you actually think this.

Thug motivation 101

Illmatic is only a classic to sheltered white suburbanites.

Absolutely this. It will always bump in the whip for me

>what's a illmatic

Or fuck that, how bout the one that's actually fuckkng called "Trap Muzik"

i feel like trap is shit but i suspect i'm just sick of it. maybe if it went away i could listen to some of this shit again in five years and be like "yeah, okay this holds up."

hard to imagine that now.

>just no trap classics

In a couple years you'll realize your mistake.

*blocks ur path*

please refrain from posting as i will not read your posts

>4 out of 15 good songs
>'classic'

The entirety of Illmatic

Just wondering, which four?

this was not bait btw

He sucks.
youtu.be/UE0HTC89VPQ

(6:04)

Develop your own opinions

Hip hop from 8 years ago sound dated because a lot has changed in those 8 years for hip hop. Rock is a dead genre. Nothing significant in mainstream rock music has changed in the last 10 years so nothing can feel dated. Rock, like jazz and classical, is deeply backwards-looking. One day hip hop will be too. Hell, New York hip hop was deeply stuck in the 90s until like two years ago. But, generally speaking, time moves faster for the living than it does for the dead. Hip hop is alive. Rock is not.

K.

Waka Flocka Flame is by far one of the most meaningless, insipid rappers ever conceived. His lyricism is generic at best, revealing nothing remotely worthwhile other than immature, appalling behavior, he has no more flow than a treetop shaken by an angry grizzly bear, and his beats are embarrassing. It's like he mis-matches melodies into slots one would not dare to put them in, and his beats are akin to brains splattered by feet. He's god-awful, retarded and horribly pathetic, and should die by a police shooting.

If you think this but you’re a fan of punk rock you’re either a dumbass or a racist

i dont really listen to any waka songs that often but i still like yelling "bow" really loud on the beat

More valid than posting that unfunny Buckley video.

I respect your opinion

This desu

Magnolia, Half & Half, New Choppa, Kelly K

>jazz
>”backwards-looking”
fucking la la land pleb

This really isn't why wocka sounds like shit eight years later, it's because wocka was a shitty artist who was chasing trends. The same kind of music exists in all types of music. It has nothing to do with the current level of relevancy hip hop has in the mainstream. Also, none of the forms of music you mentioned are dead, they just aren't popular.

Record store employee here. The Chronic is WAY more popular than 2001.

You're a fucking idiot

geto boys

t. sheltered white suburbanite

yo fuck you flockaveli is the pinnacle of trap music

Wait, there's people that think Bone Thugs is bad? I need to stop using this board.

why are you still here friendo

Probably the best album posted in this entire thread

Absoulutely fucking wrong
all playboi carti songs are good

People still listen to 36 chambers, Madvillainy, life after death, Pauls boutique and Midnight marauders though, just to name a few.
The fuck are you on about?

Who the fuck listens to Paul's Boutique?