Can we discuss the fact that an incredible rock album on the quality level of the classics we all love was just...

Can we discuss the fact that an incredible rock album on the quality level of the classics we all love was just released?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI
mega.nz/#!igkDmRSY!g92j2qmgjsT7gC0ikKBWu40mPNNwnhbAa8y34yguzgo
itisholy.bandcamp.com/album/all-these-worlds-are-yours-lp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not even the best thing drag city released that day

Ty's album was really good but it can't even touch what these guys did on this album. Have you listened to it? Stuck in the Charger is a fucking amazing song. I had no expectations from a new album from fucking No Age but they came out with something really really fucking special.

Bump you faggots I'm not gonna stop spamming this. It's literally as good as You're Living All Over Me. Just listen to it god damnit

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI

I'm lisening right now, so far so good. I love You're Living All Over Me, one of my all time favorites.

Me too! I love when bands can combine noisiness and pop songwriting and I think that No Age on this album do a really good job of that as well

you can't really compare them

I'm still diggin' it. No Age is a band I wanted to like for a while but never took the time to listen to more than a couple songs.

They never hooked me before this album. I always thought their songwriting simply wasn't up to snuff. However in my opinion songs like Stuck in the Charger, Send Me, Drippy, Secret Swamp, and Squashed are extremely well written. They finally brought the songs to back up their sound. The instrumental interlude tracks don't really fuck up the pacing, are interesting, and work well in the tracklisting imo. I don't know I've been spending some time with and I just have a better time with it on every listen. I think it's really fucking good and deserves some recognition

i fucking love this. right up my alley. thanks user.

you see the problem with this is that even if it is as good, which i doubt, it isn't new or fresh enough to be considered important. music like this has pretty much been done to death and i think if anyones gonna listen to stuff like this they'll just go back to the classics

anyone have the vinyl of this?

Yea it's pretty good, reminds me a little of Sonic Youth which I adore. I'm in a band with a similar set up. I play drums/sing and my brother plays guitar. Sadly we still haven't recorded anything worth releasing but we're working on it.

The vast majority of music people listen to isn't considered important by whoever decides what art is and is not important. They listen to it for a myriad of different reasons that are irrational and rational alike. Some people listen to a certain genre because they want to rebel against their parents, some people listen to an artist because it reminds them of a good friend they once had, some people listen to shit to be challenged intellectually, etc. Whether or not its new enough to be considered important is irrelevant if it suits your taste in music.

Can't believe you guys are sleeping on AOTY '13 An Object. Fuckin ridiculous

Yea but it's kinda nice to take a break from the old shit and isten to something sorta new.

you just going to shill it without post a mega? gtfo

No problem user :)

I understand you, but how many amazing noise rock albums in this style have you heard released this decade? Honestly curious because I'd love to hear them. I think going back to a style that has been pretty much dormant for a while is harmless and for me, it's great because I love this stuff and it's awesome to hear a band doing it well. Also, I'd say that a lot of the albums we consider classics today weren't necessarily revolutionary or incredibly innovative, but simply really really well written. Innovation is great and necessary but it's not the only thing that matters for individual releases imo. And if new stuff can match the songwriting/texture quality level of the classics, then it can be very very good. I'm not sure if I'd put this up there with the classics per se, I'm kind of exaggerating to get people to listen to it, but I don't know personally I am enjoying it about as much as I enjoyed YLAOM when I first got into that album.

This is a really cool album, thanks for bringing it to my attention user

i found this record on rutracker in 30 seconds. stop being a lazy fuck.

mega.nz/#!igkDmRSY!g92j2qmgjsT7gC0ikKBWu40mPNNwnhbAa8y34yguzgo
You are welcome

don't enable this entitled cunt

anyone?

OP here, I don't but I'm considering grabbing it. I'll definitely pick it up if I see it at the record store next time I go through.

It actually is that good. But every year there’s at least a couple “rock” records that show me that rock records can still kick ass

fucking boring album

thanks bruv

come to spotify

good album. but this is rock aotysf, and probably rock aoty in general
itisholy.bandcamp.com/album/all-these-worlds-are-yours-lp

It's a lot of fun. I liked their last album but it was very drab. This is like Nouns 2: No Ager.

I wasn't impressed by nouns at all but this is pretty good. I think I still prefer YLAOM though

This is in my top 5 of the year but Snairs Like A Haircut is so much more well crafted and well produced, varied and relatively short where as a lot of what’s going on in that Holy release is grand and raw but also a bit surface level in terms of production. However Its hard to compare The two albums and they are both fantastic so who cares. It’s not a competition

it's Drag City, so never

yes