Which artists give you the most indie clout if name-dropped?

Which artists give you the most indie clout if name-dropped?

Beyoncé, Kendrick, Kanye

the beatles

Matisyahu

bach

will toledo

That's a very difficult question to answer because you need a perfect balance of obscurity and popularity. If you mention an artist that's too obscure, nobody knows who they are and you get no indie clout for namedropping them. If you namedrop an artist that's too popular, you don't get any hipster cred.

Who cares?

Joy Division

everyone outside of Milwaukee, Chicago, and MPLS acts like you're some sort of god if you say you like the Replacements or Violent Femmes
so probably them

Come up with a fake band name and talk about the band casually in a way that implies that they should be a band that everyone should already know, then watch them pretend like they know and like the band too. If questioned about them, just tell them that it's a lo-fi pc music noise pop band.

>Come up with a fake band name and talk about the band casually in a way that implies that they should be a band that everyone should already know, then watch them pretend like they know and like the band too.
I have done this exact thing before and it was depressing. Not recommended.

you guys hang out with shitty people

In what way was it depressing?

depends who youre talking to
you could probably say fishmans or candy claws because noone outside of Sup Forums knows about them

Cake

yeah, because the best way to seem hip is to out yourself as Sup Forums trash

Milwaukeefag here, yup

nah I was just talking to a girl and suspected she was nuts
not that faking something like that is nuts but come on what kind of a girl is gonna try to impress me

because what am i supposed to do after that its just uncomfortable

MPLSfag here
how's the weather down there
be thankful you don't live in a police state like I do for the time being

>what am i supposed to do after that its just uncomfortable
play something that sounds hip but is absolutely awful and see if they pretend to like it

Neutered Malk Hostel

Neck yourself