Only a Sith deals in absol-

>Only a Sith deals in absol-

Isn't "only a Sith deals in absolutes" dealing in absolutes in and of itself?

"There are good friends on both sides. Evil is everywhere."

>2017
>Not seeing a difference between philosophy and figures of speech.

>and why would I want them?
>They worked for the masked man.
>Vader?

>Princess Leia, I'm JEDI

yes
this is how little effort lucas put into the dialogue of the prequels

Or maybe it was intentional? Maybe Lucas was actually making a sub-

Naah who the fuck am I kidding.

>You'll maybe find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy
>Some Sith deal in absolutes
>The force will be with you, probably

>in general it is the sith who deal in absolutes

Hahahahaha, that's great but Would Mace Windu have defeated Sheev if Anakin didn't show up?

by this time obi wan was already roughed up and jaded by his time on that planet, and still damaged by Anakin's transition into the dark side under his watch
when anakin changed, he changed with him, until his arc is finished and he finally comes to terms with what Anakin has become when he's forced to lightsaber duel Vader, he's lost all hope and it's not until he sees Luke does he regain it and truly become one with the force before Vader's hit can destroy him both physically and metaphorically (his faith in the force being struck down by Anakin's final form)
Obi Wan never dealed in absolutes, it's why he allowed Anakin to burn to death without being completely certain he's killed him, that allowance is a trademark decision of the Jedi, if you noticed, throughout all the films Jedi can't kill unless they're in immediate fatal danger, this is of course in direct opposition of a forceless character like han solo who kills Greedo right off the bat before he's showed to really be willing to kill solo

what obi wan is really saying in your pic is that these people are completely forceless and forsaken, force is merely absolute, there are no neutral characters of the force throughout the whole series, to be a sith is to deal in absolutes, to be a jedi is an absolute in and of its own, same if you're forceless

>Luke, I had sex with your mom

It's such a ridiculous statement regardless. We're supposed to believe the Jedi are taught that ONLY Sith are capable of making statements in absolutes rather than generalizing?

Do Jedi arrest shopkeepers for being Sith when they post straight up prices rather than haggling?

Well no because then if they arrested every shopkeeper they'd be dealing in absolutes as well, so they only arrest a FEW shopkeepers.

Dr Luke, i'm Kenobi

Are you retarded?

The "only sith deal in absolutes" line is hysterical because it is an absolute.

He was obviously talking about moral absolutes, you dumb fuck

>two Jedi are chasing a Sith down a corridor
>one of the Jedi is faster and watches as the Sith takes a left at a fork in the corridor
>"Which way did he go?"
>"Left!"
>the slow Jedi immediately arrests the fast Jedi for dealing in absolutes

It was intentional, the prequels were written by Lucas as comedy, not space opera. Only autistic man children on the internet fail to understand this point.

Was that line supposed to be a jab at Bush's "You're either with us, or against us" talk?

Probably.
>tfw W was a sith and Saddam was the last Jedi master

This. Georgie intentionally made the prequels shit to spite the autists that rejected his vision and are impossible to please.