The Wheel of Time TV show

After a rough false start, it looks like Robert Jordan's fantasy epic The Wheel of Time will be coming to television after all. The news was delivered on the series' Google+ page by Jordan's widow, Harriet McDougal, who owns the copyright to the novels and has controlled the franchise's direction since Jordan's death in 2007.

It is confirmed that a "major studio" will have more to share soon:

>Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet

Optioning The Wheel of Time makes sense, given the appetite for TV adaptations of dense, sprawling fantasy series. HBO's Game of Thrones and Starz's Outlander have both been successful, and Wheel of Time is a firmly established property that has the added benefit of actually being a finished story already.

I sure am excited for bloodless violence and zero nudity despite those in abundance for every single book.

>violence and nudity
>YA series
Pick one.

>Its an egwene gets spanked by her aes sedai domme until she cries episode

It's a teenage masturbatory power fantasy, more or less. All of the women are incredibly beautiful and have enormous tits, and they get naked all the time.

Are there any guesses which studio or network is getting it?

I'm thinking it's Amazon, since HBO is banking on Westworld as its GoT replacement.

I thought GoT was getting a spinoff?

Starz

Source? Doesn't seem like recent news.

>Originally set to air on Starz, Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time has been shelved following Lionsgate's acquisition of the cable network.

>Resources have been diverted towards development of Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicles, which is set to become both a series of feature films as well as a Starz program.

/thread

>rothfuss

Oh my fuggin sides, I can't wait for the cuckposting

That's a shame. Kingkiller is good but unfinished. I guess they wanted something on a smaller scale, easier to produce.

>>>>>kingkiller is good

You need to go back

>implying fantasy trash is acceptable on /lit/

It's worse than I thought.
>>>reddit

I made the seventh post on /lit/.

>bloodless violence
>Dumai Wells "the first rank exploded"

Great. You have an epitaph for your headstone.

This is my worst nightmare
It wont be good, itll end mid series because of budget problems, and itll steal a decade away from some potentially good actors

I hold two patents and donated over 200 books to the local Friends of the Library, 20 of which have a sticker with my name on it in the interior.

My biggest problem is that it will be nearly impossible to properly convey channeling in live action. I would much prefer it to be a realistic animation style over live action. Less buget restraints and the effects will blend much better.

I am your mother's lover

they coud do it like doctor strange

Yeah this too
When i was reading the series i though a lot about how it could possibly get a tv adaptation. Its not possible. Animation could work, except that to making it realistic will cost so much money that its not feasible at all. The only alternative is anime which i cant see many people watching

Everything seen from the POV of a non-channeler, problem solved, do you even orthogonal solutions

Wheel of time fans would 100% prefer an accurate and consistent portrayal of channeling, rather than just meaningless special effects

>take out one of the best magic systems ever concieved
Yeah noone will watch that

Wheel of Cucks will never get an adaptation, stop polluting this board with your retarded autistic series.

ok

Good point well-made.

Thanks

No problem.

Even when reading the books I saw it as an anime, hell the characters drag a hero of legend out of a dream and make them a real person. If that doesnt scream anime i dont know what does.

Calling it now, it'll suck

Birgitte?