Why is 2007 often said to be when everything went to shit?

Why is 2007 often said to be when everything went to shit?

That's the year Sup Forums became a repost of a repost of a repost, there was some creativity left still, to this day 2007 copypastas are posted there

It's when the complaining oldfags of today first found this place, and THINGS HAVE CHANGED WAAAAAAH

Halo 3 just came out, and that was the last "good game" ever despite what nu/v/ will tell you.

To be fair, for me the last good year was 2005- the year of Battlefront 2.

name a single good film that came out after 2005, you fucking can't

You mean 2008?

The Prestige

iPhone
Facebook
The Economy
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Runescape took out free trade and the wild at the end of 2007

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on ̶A̶l̶-̶Q̶u̶a̶e̶d̶a̶ ISIS

Do you mean on this board?

Probably because thats when Sup Forums got added as a trial board, so they're just saying that Sup Forums was always shit

Sup Forums in general was ""becoming"" shitty at that time because all communities do when they start to gain popularity, anons were raiding gaia and brought over a bunch of gaiafags (the boogeyman of the time, today's is reddit, its all the same though just a result of growing populairty not really the fault of those websites userbases)

i think thats also around the time some of the guy fawkes anti-scientolog shit was taking place, or various anonymous is legion shit, idk, my memory is muddled that far vback but iirc that was when the exploding van and all that got on the news

this pretty much t. 2005fag

Facebook

Writer's rebellion.

literally this.

time shift
we're in the fucked up timeline
>cucks
>SJWS
>degenerates
>Trump

It's when internet culture started being commonly referenced in culture. 2011 was when it truly went to shit and 2014 was the point of no return. Had we let the internet be the internet then so much shit wouldn't of happened. The day it went mainstream was the day we lost everything. We went from referencing youtube video to the "dab" culture we live in now.

NCFOM.

something about Big Bang Theory debut bringing fake nerd culture into mainstream or something like that as far as Sup Forums media goes

Pretty much this. Theres basically NO privacy in todays world, the internet wasn't quite a secret but places like Sup Forums were.

oh man that shit

yeah that shit was pretty bad times on Sup Forums

in 2008 is when people were spamming all that summer glau shit and turning this into a waifu and pedo board

facebook and smartphones man

sopranos ended

You became more aware of things that's why.

President Obongo

Was actually just about to say this.