Does any other ambient album come close in terms of emotional response? This is so beautiful

Does any other ambient album come close in terms of emotional response? This is so beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvAHrrtJgKc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4928qKatQU
youtube.com/watch?v=KNe6c9wc6JE
youtube.com/watch?v=mZi2XneKu2o
youtube.com/watch?v=-hGv_0a1w6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care for Pop. I prefer both Zauberberg and Konigforst , and even Narkopop.

Either way, try some of the stuff Eluvium has.

Steve Roach - Structures From Silence. You're welcome.

His best

Sounds like shit imo

shit-tier ambient

I haven't found one. I've relistened to tracks 6 and 7 hundreds of times, and each time I do, it's like another layer of nirvana opens itself to me.

Burial - Raver (song)
Edgar Sanchez - Wrath, Magnanimous Entity (song)
Susumu Hirasawa - Entire Discography
DARKPYRAMID - A Heart Full Of Love (album)
Iceferno/Koji Kondo - Last Day (Rebuilt) (song)
Jack Wall / Sam Hulick - C-Sec Academy (song)
Burzum - The Days of Yore (album)

all are similar in feel, but Pop is like refined perfection, an actual door to heaven, not merely an echo of glory

RL/VL has an album called Chagrin that is on par in terms of emotionfor me. Bengalfuel's album Sadye is similar and over 2 hours. It's one of my favorite ambient works. Seriously there are so many great albums in this genre and Pop is just focused on a wee bit much, you're blowing it out of proportion. Also, Pop has repetitive nonsense like the same track twice except one version has a beat.

same lol. konigforst is probably my favorite one. Though I prefer pop over narkopop.

i have sweet spot for this album
youtube.com/watch?v=lvAHrrtJgKc

but zerthis on lambent is probably his best track

Cluster II

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4928qKatQU

I'm also looking for similar music

how can somebody not like this album? it's gorgeous, one of my biggest influences musically, and the album i have listened to more times than any, and with recurring value

short answer is no, imo
some good ones that I would list as recs nonetheless:

Biosphere- Substrata (very moody, lonely, cold)
Fennesz- Venice (has that warm/fuzzy feeling too)
Tim Hecker- Ravedeath, 1972 if you will
Popol Vuh- In den Gärten Pharaohs (From the Krautrock era, gets kinda into tribal ambient)
2814-新しい日の誕生 (Atarashii Hi no Tanjou) imo
also this one

bump

or this

youtube.com/watch?v=KNe6c9wc6JE

Great pick dude

This goes straight to my heart and takes my breath away it is so soft and gorgeous youtube.com/watch?v=mZi2XneKu2o

haven't you heard?

youtube.com/watch?v=-hGv_0a1w6Y

I listen to a shitload of ambient music, here are some of my favorites:
25,000 Kittens - 25,000 Kittens
William Basinski - Melancholia
Stars of the Lid - Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
Benn Jordan - Pale Blue Dot
Celer - Discourses of the Withered

>I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care for Pop. I prefer both Zauberberg and Konigforst , and even Narkopop.
on first listen I absolutely hated narkopop but after listening to it a few times to form a stronger, more cohesive opinion, I've come to think that, while it's still the worst thing he's ever released, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was initially.
what is it that you don't like about pop?

3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4