Why was Connor's stamina so shit?

Why was Connor's stamina so shit?

He must have had dozens of 12 round practices

His coach must have told him you have a tendency to gas out, so we need to train for that

He could have at least gone 12, lost by a highly honorable decision, and maybe even gets a lucky punch to KO Mayweather before that

Also, even with his shit stamina, we saw him get a second wind vs. Diaz. If the ref didn't call the fight, sure he probably goes down, but he gets up easily, could have caught a second wind, and went the distance

he had two big problems: no stamina and girl punches. you cant win a box match (a sport where the whole deal is about punching people) with such flaws.

MMA conditioning is complete dogshit.

Boxing is absolute hell on your lungs.

>second wind
He was essentially done by the 7th.
His punches weren't worth jack shit either, Mayweather literally laughed them all off.

At some point Conor knew he was fucked, and if Mayweather took it seriously, he could've ended with brain damage, which is why he was fine with the stoppage. Mayweather looked fresh to go the entire 12 rounds without a problem. Anyone with boxing knowledge knows how severely outclassed Conor was.

Conditioning is not just training, it's a hundred little things that happen in the fight to save energy, combined with the right training to make them second nature.
This is why mcmeme could literally not win this 'fight'.

what was with the meme hammer punches in the head of the negro? what did he mean by that?

he meant that he has no actual talent or skill and reverted back to the technique of the cavemen out of sheer desperation

>Floyd presenting back/ass to Conor

>Boxing

I think it was instinct. Floyd kept turning his back to McGregor, so naturally McGregor tried to punch him. You can tell it was taking all of his self control not to just grab him and flip him too. I'm not too familiar with boxing, but aren't boxers required to defend themselves at all times? Isn't turning your back kind of making a mockery of that rule?

I'm not blaming Mayweather for taking advantage of the rules, but why do the rules allow something so cheap to begin with?

Conor suffered an adrenaline dump. After winning the first three rounds, Conor had an adrenaline spike. Then he crashed and gassed harder than usual. Nothing in Conor's training would have prepared him to handle the adrenaline of winning three rounds against the GOAT.

When you train combat sports, you're also training your body to handle adrenaline better. Floyd knows this, he did it on purpose. Floyd is honestly a modern day Musashi.

He talks about this in the post-fight press conference. He knows his stamina is an issue and he needs to "figure it out" basically. Expect him to hire a new cardio guy but unless he cuts out the partying I don't think he'll improve much.

So how does one improve their stamina in boxing ?

Does it really all boil down to sprinting and running hard?

I'm not sure it was adrenaline pump as much as expending most of his energy in the first 3-4.

Conor has fought a good amount in MMA, so I'm sure he's accustomed to the adrenaline rush at the start, but I think he was just looking to get it done by 4, and when he didn't, he shot his wad by then.

Still, I was shocked at how gassed he looked. He had a lot of time to prepare, cardio-wise.

This guy gets it. Mayweather knows all the tricks to conserve his energy while McGregor couldn't help but punch himself out.

His stamina is shit because boxing requires more stamina than mma and he was exhausted from being walked down by a 40 year old man who he outweighed by 20 lbs.

His power was bullshit too, Floyd didn't even have to move around, he just came forward in a straight line.

i thought this was hyperbole. what kind of dipshit rule committee allows this?

Roadwork, HIIT on the heavy bags, and more roadwork.

Yeah, that's why Ippo is always running in the anime. Connor should've watched more chinese cartoons.

He was the only one throwing punches for the first 8 rounds.

Floyd was curled up in a ball for most of the fight, to the point where he had his back turned to Conor at least half a dozen times. And each time the ref was like "hol up soon u gotsta stop punching Floyd now"

It was the most disgraceful display of """Boxing""" I've ever seen

Mayweather took the piss, McGregor should be thanking him for allowing him to keep some of his dignity.

that "fight" should have and would have been over in the 4th if Mayweather hadn't been so generous.

If you turn your back a real boxer would knock you the fuck out. May was taunting Mcnugget because he knew he couldn't do anything about it.

He doesn't have the muscle memory for 12 rounds of boxing

It takes years of training to build up your stamina in that specific way

>a real boxer would knock you the fuck out
are real boxers allowed to hit you when you bend over? i don't understand

>Boxing requires more stamina than MMA

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never done a single round of wrestling in your life.

They will 180 on you and give you an uppercut in the face. And you won't know because you're looking down. Connor doesn't have the speed to do that.

>If you turn your back a real boxer would knock you the fuck out

The ref LITERALLY stepped in and told Connor to stop punching him every time he lowered his head and/or turned his back to him. Any time Floyd felt like things were going awry early on, he'd curl up and expose the back of his head or straight up turn around, which was essentially a time out for him because Connor waa forced to stop punching.

Can anyone explain to me why you don't automatically lose a round when you turn around and present your opponent with a kill shot?

this
You go down a gym for the first time you'll do 30 second drills on the bags and you'll be absolutely fucked. It takes years to get fit enough to box multiple long rounds, the arms are just not designed to be held up for that long.

Yeah except his fanboys were saying he wouldn't have to worry about kicks and takedowns so his stamina would be the roof. Even his coaches said this.

How much is everone up on the fight? Won 3500 euro's here

I don't hate MMA I hate MMAnlets

Not at any serious level, in my early teens, i have boxed though.

Personal experience is not a good indicator of anything, however.

according to last night:

Boxing requires more stamina, such that a world class mma fighter in his physical peak gassed completely after 24 minutes or so of fighting.

boxers have better resilliance to blows due to a mixture of this stamina and defensive know how (rolling the punches etc)

A world class 170lb striker in has less punching power than a light punching 40 year old 150 lb boxer due to inferior technique.

all that said, McGregor lasted about 2 rounds longer than i thought he would, even though he was unable to ever trouble the retiree and failed to divert Mayweather from his plan even 1 iota.

I want mcgregor to fight jacobs, canelo or ggg... then get the fuck out of my sport

Because the difference between a boxer and an mma fighter is night and day
Only absolute retards are surprised at what happened

Mayweather runs his ass off every single day, seems to work for him.

>MMA fighter loses to boxer in a boxing match
Why is this such a big surprise that its leaking to other boards?

Organized boxing is one of the shadiest sports of all time so some people can't believe that Occam's razor came through in this one instance.

Literally this. I guarantee you Conor went to bed last night thankful that Mayweather didn't embarrass him more than he already did in front of the entire fucking world. I want to say this loss will humble him a little, but it won't.

Was Mayweather showing the back of his head so much to try to try to goad McGregor into doing an illegal hit and DQ himself?

The UFC is a meme. They have no fitness standards. It peaked around 2011 when it was 50% personalities and 50% actual sport, now it's something like 80%-20%. Floyd could waltz into the octagon and beat anyone up to welterweight just by spacing and sprawling the odd takedown attempt.