Let's put our noodles together and compile a Sup Forumss "Sensible Special Edition" for the Original Trilogy...

Let's put our noodles together and compile a Sup Forumss "Sensible Special Edition" for the Original Trilogy. This isn't an invitation to recommend the Despecialized Edition. We know that's great already. What this is is a wishlist for non purists to clear up some of the shitty changes and weed them out from the legitimate positive additions the Special Editions brought to the OT. I'll get the ball rolling.

ANH
>Most Tatooine additions are fine. Keep the womp rats and better speeder shadows.
>Cut back on some of the egregious CG like the foreground elephant thing at Mos Eisley that has no actual physical room to be in the shot.
>Restore original Han and Greedo encounter.
>Cut Jabba
>Keep touch ups to mattes on Tatooine and Death Star.
>Keep all ship CG touch ups throughout movie(s)
>Keep trash monster blink.
>Keep Han running into the trap aboard the Death Star
>Keep Biggs scene.

ESB
>Keep most changes as they're for the better
>Cut Luke's yelling during the fall
>I'd like to get back the original sound mixing and Imperial March segments for the two cut aways

RotJ
>DELET PALACE MUSIC VIDEO
>Return old Anakin
>Cut Vader's "Nooooo" when killing Palpatine.
>Return old victory song (maybe)

What would be really nice for all of them is to have the same treatment given to Despecialized in fixed up color correction and sound mixing. There are many sequences in the Special Edition trilogy where the score was altered or mixing was tweaked and the overall effect was much weaker. Also the magenta hue is awful and ruins the crisp colors of ESB and RotJ especially.

Who knows? Maybe some day we can get the ball rolling on this as an actual fan edit project.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2obEPFGrMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't have a problem with any of those changes, really.

Kill yourself consensus faggot. I hope your whore of a mother gets cancer.

Other than Jabba in ANH, I'm fine with all the changes.

We need the original Boba voice back too

Mad you're a loser stuck on Sup Forums on New Year's?

Restore Wingreen's voice for Boba Fett.
Remove scarlaac pit alterations.
Remove rock making R2D2's hide spot impossible.
Restore original "look sir, droids" scene.
Restore original blaster kills in ANH.
Keep lightsaber fixes.
Restore Luke's original dialogue "You're lucky you don't taste so good"

>determine the capabilities/failings of the deathstar

How fast can it move, and why does the gun have a charge-up? It doesn't in R1, so why in ANH? Furthermore, if it can go from star system to star system, why doesn't it just boop right in front of Yavin 4 and delete the planet? And hey, while we're at it, let's clear up some continuity between ANH and R1. For example, why does everyone treat the Deathstar like an invincible monster and only hope there's a chance of a flaw when, just minutes before, they were told- and acted on- the knowledge of it's self-destruct thingy? Or maybe R1 was just a load of corporate money Grabbing?

That's it, though I'd like clarification on the power of Imperial Bombs and rebel shields. Like why can't they just bomb the rebel trenches in the open of ESB? They say the base is shielded, but not the outside.

disregard this post, i suck cocks.

>Restore Wingreen's voice for Boba Fett.
Don't see why not on this one yeah. I don't necessarily mind the intent for establishing a sense of continuity Lucas was after but I also see no reason why accent is hereditary.
>Remove scarlaac pit alterations.
Not entirely sure if I agree. Did it always burp or was that an addition?
>Remove rock making R2D2's hide spot impossible.
Agreed.
>Restore original "look sir, droids" scene.
I'd go halfway on this. The extra CG soldiers and dewbacks prior to the touched up original scene look bad. But the additional dewback in the background of the original I'd keep. It just livens up the scene at little expense to the integrity of it.
>Restore original blaster kills in ANH.
Oh right on the detention block and hangar room? Definitely.
>Keep lightsaber fixes.
A given. Especially in ANH.
>Restore Luke's original dialogue "You're lucky you don't taste so good"
Lots of changes like this puzzle me. Often they just take away some of the old cheeky humor that gave the characters their personality. Agreed.

>return of the Jedi poster

>has a picture of Luke fighting Vader from empire not Jedi

REEEEEEEEEEEER WHY DO THIS

Mad stupid faggots like you post this shit here. Fuck off cunt.

No the pit. There's some weird alien animal burping though now that you mention it in ROTJ. The scarlaac pit is altered and given this awful looking beak.

Keep wideshot of the entrance to Jabba's palace.

There's some other minor things I can't remember at this hour.

>muh board experience
protip:

There's a hide button. Use it.

Fuck off user take this shit to reddit or wherever you usually post. No one give a fuck about some restoration you're never going to do.

Worth a watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=a2obEPFGrMs

>Most Tatooine additions are fine. Keep the womp rats and better speeder shadows.

Stopped reading right there.
>mentioned in the movie that womp rats are like 2meters tall
>believing these little mice are womp rats

He never said 2m tall. He compared them to the width of the exhaust port. But they are smaller than they should be by that estimate in that scene.

Still not a major issue. The scene looks better with them included.

You a such a stupid faggot OP. Please never post again.

>canon says womp rats are 2m tall
>these little mice at the entrance of mos eisley are called scurriers

There is nothing in the movies that says they're 2m tall. Luke compares their size "not much bigger" to a 2m >wide< exhaust port.

But good to know those rats outside Mos Eisley have a name. Super useful info.

Give it up you pathetic fuck.

So lukes states that womp rats are even bigger than 2m?! If you know that, how could you think those were womp rats?