Did the Empire ever actually do anything bad?

Did the Empire ever actually do anything bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse_Endor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

made star wars threads

I hope your mother gets breast cancer you faggot.

They were the villains in one of the dullest franchises ever to appear on our screens.

Used Death Star to kill billions of people
Fucked over the political system to become an unstoppable force
Almost made the jedi go extinct

Blew up a planet for no real reason.

Aside from that not really.

Rebels a scum

they restored order , so probably stopped more deaths than they caused

your mother should've aborted you

???????????

It was a literal fascist dictatorship, restore order???? There was no rule of law, they killed because fuck it we got guns

Go fuck yourself

Using their ultimate weapon in an attempt to stop a galactic war, sounds familiar.

>Almost made the jedi go extinct
How is this a bad thing? Jedi are cancer.

Out of countless trillions of people. Alderaan was the equivalent of a small bombing campaign. Against a legitimate rebel target I should add.

The political system itself was hopelessly corrupt. Sheev did them a favor with his reforms.

The Jedi aren't a race, they're a power hungry cult.

The movies tell you explicitly that they are evil. Not everything in fiction is meant to be up to your interpretation. But let's get it over with and start discussing why you think the Sith weren't bad guys.

Tell me how the Jedi are more power hungry than the Galactic Empire and the sith, least of all more evil?

>There are rebels somewhere else
>Blowing a planet because fuck them is a legitimate target
>The planet didn't had a base, barely rebel cause adherents

If you are going for the edgy approach at least try harder

>why you think the Sith weren't bad guys.
Because they usually kill Jedi and help kids get out of their cult. Don't get me wrong, Sith are awful too, but a whole lot better than Jedi.

ok reddit

Empire did nothing wrong.
Sheev was right about Jedi.

That is equivalent to the federal government nuking Ohio coz their senators are guilty of treason

Of all the franchises to argue whether the villains were really evil why the fuck do people even try to discuss Star Wars?

It's a pretty blatantly one-sided universe. We have the dindu nuffin Jedi versus the dark evil Sith. The EU tries to make it better by saying 'muh Yuuzhan Vong' so autists who fangirl over the Empire can feel justified, but the simple fact is virtually any other franchise is not only more sophisticated but actually bothers to create some actual moral ambiguity. Hence, fuckwits like OP making threads like this are wasting their limited time on this earth with bullshit 'nothing-wrong' maximalism.

I really hope we see the effects of losing the Empire in eight and nine, would be pure pottery if episode 9 ended with Luke and Rey or Kylo becoming the new Palpatine and Vader if Luke decided it was a mistake to get rid of the galaxy and they actually needed it. To either prepare for a threat coming from outside the galaxy which is what the sequel, sequel trilogy will be about.

This

>Blew up a planet for no real reason.
The planet shot first

Reminder that the Jedi doctrine to cut out emotions and personal attachment is what created the Sith in the first place, they're Jedi who couldn't handle it.

That being said the Sith are objectively evil. The dark side of the force isn't a concept made up by the Jedi, it's a descent into fear, anger, sadness, betrayal and lust for power by force sensitives and it deforms both body and mind.

>That is equivalent to the federal government nuking Ohio coz their senators are guilty of treason
Cos nothing like that has ever happened in US history before.

If left alone they would have done nothing but chill in their temple. Sheeet made them worrior generals so they could be killed you little puppet

>Rebel win
>Mass celebrations once again
>Suddenly big weird ships show up
>They attack and glass settlements
>Close up to surprised and shocked faces with doomsday backmusic
>Immediate black screen

Yep, it's going to be that way

>"descent" into perfectly natural human emotions

Sheev destroyed order, started war, and then restored order while making himself Emperor. it would be no need for restoring order if he personally havent destroyed it. you literally bought villains propaganda that was on purpose made to be so dumb that even kids are supposed to see as bullshit. congrats.

The evil thing easy.

They lied to Luke about his father in order to coax him into killing his father, when caught out they gave the most retarded explanation ever and tried to convince Luke to kill him instead of reasoning with him.

let's say in an excess of them.

From Wookieepedia:

When the Galactic Empire began operations on the moon of Endor, they razed an Ewok village to erect a shield generator complex, forcing the few that survived to a close neighboring village led by Chief Chirpa.

The Empire fucked with the Ewoks, and nobody fucks with the Ewoks and stays alive long enough to tell the tale.

>If left alone they would have done nothing but chill in their temple
That's why they are cancer, they harness great power [Insert Spider man quote]. If sheeeeeeeev wasn't a Sith lord who wanted to kill all jedi and rule the Galaxy he would have done the Universe a humongous favor by getting the Jedi to actually do stuff. Fuck, Anakin alone probably arrested more criminals in his time as Jedi than the rest of 'em did the past hundred years.

Yes a descent into negative emotions exclusively. and it turns them into literal monsters. Put more thought into your pretend arguments.

>Reminder that the Jedi doctrine to cut out emotions and personal attachment is what created the Sith in the first place, they're Jedi who couldn't handle it.

>Humans being stripped of Humanity by monsters
>Be surprised they can't handle that
?????

technically it did by being one of the planet founders of the rebellion.

The empire did nothing wrong.

fuck off back to /r/StarWars, neckbeards

Yes you outlined the exact point I was making while thinking you were arguing against it, that the Jedi doctrine was harsh and created evil in weak willed Jedi.
My second point was that this doesn't excuse the Sith from being objectively evil.

>Destroy order
>"restore" order
>Lol guys we are the good guys here!

see

A war they started...

>Jedi doctrine was harsh and created evil in weak willed Jedi.
Jedi doctrine turns perfectly normal human children into soulless robots made to only follow the orders of elderly virgins, the "weak" ones are the ones who get indoctrinated by this garbage, not the other way around.

>My second point was that this doesn't excuse the Sith from being objectively evil.
It doesn't, but at least they mostly kill Jedi and don't try to strip children of their emotions, so they're still a step up from Jedi.

>Used Death Star to kill billions of people
Alderaan was full of liberals

What makes the Jedi teaching especially vicious is that they are seen as "the good guys" by the public, becoming a Jedi is seen as "a good thing" and the government lets them have their brainwashing facilities with no questions asked.

That, and Alderaan was destroyed in a horrific mining accident that the Empire had nothing to do with.

Why do you guys keep saying human when the order wasn't human exclusive? Anyway you're still advocating for the weaker side, we're talking about force sensitive individuals here with potential for supernatural power and wisdom. The Sith are the pussies who couldn't handle true nirvana and ended up obsessed with that power aspect.

>destroy old corrupt order
>get rid of several schemers like (((banking clan))) and (((trade federation)))
>lol empire's bad

>It's corrupt because I say so
>Help the trade federation
>Practically encourage them to be traitors
>Destroy them
>Take complete power on the promise that it is temporary
>Declare yourself emperor and kill anyone who opposes you
>Lol totally good guys bro

>>get rid of several schemers like (((banking clan))) and (((trade federation)))
You what m7? The trade federation were acting on orders from Darth Sidious...

>Implying
The Rebellion was a retaliation for something they did a while back. It was no longer part of the clone wars.

You could argue America started the Japan-America conflict of World War 2 the same way the Empire started the Rebellion, considering Comodore Perry forced Japan into an economic and political situation they didn't want anything to do with, using military might; something that then proceeded to completely collapse the entirety of Japanese government in on itself, leading to countless casualties in the political chaos and much much more.

I'm not arguing that Sith are a beacon of virtue, I'm merely saying they're better than Jedi, which is objectively correct.

It's also why the "best" Jedi are the ones who either didn't receive indoctrination(Luke) or managed to overcome it and choose to reject the teaching and the council when they please. (Qui Gon Jinn)

>>It's corrupt because I say so
Not him, but it was an order where the entire senate happily gave ultimate power to a single guy just so they don't have to deal with the constant political and economical shit storm of the ongoing war, despite that being their job.

*rebels

there were no rebel bases on Aldeeran

I fucking love that old EU comic about the Stormtrooper who survived The Battle of Endor but has PTSD from the Ewoks

>princess of planet is rebel plotting against you.
>we are a planet of peace dindu nuffin

saaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it the Empire or Stormcloaks now?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse_Endor

I'll dump it for you give me a minute

Please don't go please don't go. I love you so, I love you so. Please don't go please don't go. I love you so, I love you so.

The events of pre Civil War is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too complex to simply "Their leader may be treasonous, kill them all"

>Stormcloaks
>good
They are 5th column of elves

Only on Sup Forums could people defend the Empire.

But that basically did happen in our history.

Of course meant for

did the EU explain why people in SW risk their life go rebel anyway ? most seem have an ok life

The End

The problem is the Empire is presented as unambiguously evil from the way the story is presented throughout the series, but if you actually look objectively from what we see, it doesn't seem to be all that bad. Everything bad that they do, more or less, is against rebels. It is a galactic civil war, after all. This is a thought experiment to deconstruct the "evil empire" narrative, since the justification in the movies is fairly paper-thin. It's somewhat like LOTR, in which you're informed that Sauron is the ultimate evil and orcs are bad because they're ugly, but it really isn't any different than any other conquest of land throughout history.

The only real solid thing anti-imperial debaters have to argue with is Alderaan's destruction. I'm not even going to open up that can of worms as to why it's not the worse thing in the world. But even without justifying it, you have to take cause and effect into consideration. The galactic civil war was going on*BEFORE* Alderaan's destruction. So what the hell was the rebels ACTUAL reason/excuse for rebelling before that? Because from my point of view, it just seems that the rebellion is just a bunch of butthurt senators, jedi, and other power players from the Old Republic that are mad because they're no longer in power anymore. I just see it as different factions vying for power, not some grand fight of moral good vs evil.

>it ain't me starts playing

So's the rebellion and alderaan. Just because Leia says "ayy lmao they're totally peaceful and unarmed despite being the biggest contributor to the rebellion" doesn't mean it's true.

The Death Star was literally just filling the same WMD role that a nuke plays for us. A weapon of great power that keeps the peace by preventing all attacks due to a fear of disproportionate retribution. The death star would've ended the civil war had it not been destroyed. Unfortinately, the empire's folly was thinking it didn't need any more defense than a handful of turrets and tie-fighters.

And there I thought I was old and jaded.
You made my day, user!
Happy 2017!

>It's somewhat like LOTR, in which you're informed that Sauron is the ultimate evil and orcs are bad because they're ugly, but it really isn't any different than any other conquest of land throughout history.
you are very well informed as well as shown why Sauron is evil and why orcs are bad. not to mention appenidces and Silmarilion where his whole agenda and resons are spelled out. you're either fucking trolling or didn't understand fucking lord of the rings

>Arrows and spears pierce stormtrooper armor

Then what the fuck is the point of wearing it? Fucking George Lucas is a hack.

Shot through the neck where there's no armor

Remember when Obi-Wan lied to Luke about his father?

Just saying.

well it seem like a weak join with black cloth only
but yeah the entire comic is make ST even worse than movie

He asked if the Sith did anything Wrong, not what they did Right.

>did the EU explain why people in SW risk their life go rebel anyway ? most seem have an ok life
from what im seeing, seem like most rebels are young SJW fed up with their life

As opposed to rebels blowing up three death stars, killing billions of people there?

>the entire comic is make ST even worse than movie
?????

People saying the empire are evil without giving statements as to why are the exact same people who compare Trump to Hitler. There's nothing wrong with the Sith either.

They shut down the senate that allowed people like Jar Jar Binks to have political power.

Not the empire as a whole. They were just consolidating after the shit that palps caused.

The Empire? No. Sheev? Yes.

>billions
You're looking at 1.5 million tops. The second one wasn't fully operational and the first had a crew of around a million, plus you can't compare soldiers on a battleship to the population of an entire fucking planet.

they blew up alderaan

As a Empire-educated Ewok, I think Human males should be applauded for their individualism, creativity and ability to take charge.

A lot of Human men assume we're into them because we think they're rich or have big penises, and while that certainly helps, the real reason we like them is because they're proven to be accomplished as a people.

I admit I used to buy into liberal feminist arguments that Human patriarchy was to blame for all the galaxy's problems, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I would mind being used for sex if I think it will help advance your cause somehow. I realize now that's what my race is best at, we're not even the "good" kind of non-Humans with high IQs and organizational skills.

We're jungle furries and I'm a jungle Ewok whore. I'm a little brown fuck machine. So please treat me like a third world monkey slut. I promise to sucky, fucky and love you long time.

And I won't even charge you five credits for it.

>moon sized space station
>operated and maintained by 1.5 mil people
Good luck with that

unreliable narrator.
the empire is clearly not evil.

The Jedi doctrine is a necessary evil because it's the only way to allow Jedi to be part of civilized society. A skilled force sensitive not bound by ideology and doctrine is a potential hazardous being who's simply too strong and powerful for civilization. He can commit countless atrocious acts without ever being caught. This would lead to witchhunt which will lead to suffering for all people who are suspected to be force sentitive, like a witch hunt.

The illusion that Jedi can self govern and self restrain themselves and their kind is the only option that doesn't lead to mindless genocide.