/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Long Game edition

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials
docs.google.com/document/d/1-PGtpxU04cGqBcAd49d7b4q_fiCITDn-q9RuHe4O92I/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably the best episode of the show.

Is there a single memorable nuwho monster besides the weeping angels?

the jagrafess

ood

ood are only memorable because they have a funny name

>x is only memorable because it has memorable qualities

Unironically this.

Explain.

You are wrong. They have pretty good design, and a decent story. And they aren't just some evil aliens either, which means they won't posture as some kind of space badasses only to be defeated over and over again by a space hipster and his dumb girlfriend.

The best story that the ood are in is their first one, where they could have been swapped out with anything else to no detriment of the plot

Fuck off.

>Of the three periods in Tom's era, Williams' tenure is by far the one where he's most unchecked and doesn't take his performance very seriously.
I don't think the other producers had to put up with as much shit from him. In the early seasons the stardom hadn't gone to his head yet and in 18 he was just ready to get things over with. Like I said, he did what he could to keep Tom's influence in check. I also don't see much of an improvement in his performance in season 18.

>There is no Genesis of the Daleks where he has to face a moral dilemma, no Pyramids of Mars where he's seriously scared of an enemy, no Warriors' Gate where he's aloof and reflective in the Williams era.
You could say the same of the Letts era minus Planet of the Spiders. Granted, the Williams era wasn't as good as Hinchcliffe/Holmes, but few are and it had plenty of interesting ideas of its own.

>muh plot

This wasn't their story, but it was certain memorable. I like Planet of Ood more. It had intrigue, it had action, everything Doctor Who could use more of.

Why? I'm not judging, I'm just really curious why someone thinks The Long Game is the best episode of NuWho.

>
Impossible planet/satan pit is objectively the better serial, but Planet of the Ood is a better ood story

I'm don't agree that it's the best episode, but it's definitely underrated. Nobody likes it, but it had a mystery to solve, it had a point it didn't have some catch-phrase yelling jackasses, it was really a highlight of series 1.

>but it's definitely underrated
I agree.

I think that the Silurian episodes from Series 5 are the best

>written by Chris Chibnall

You're glad he's taking over as show runner for series 11, I assume?

The Unicorn and the Wasp is unironically the best Doctor Who story ever written. Whoever wrote it should receive some sort of award from the monarch.

The Lazarus Experiment is quite easily the best Doctor Who episode I've ever watched, the writer has a rare talent and the story is truly unforgettable.

There is one whose name I keep forgetting, think it begins with an 'S', maybe? No idea what they look like tho....

Oh, and the Boneless, Vashta Nerada, Headless Monks. Wouldn't mind if any of these made a re-appearance.

Yeah, a shame he's only known in infamous circles for The Doctor's Daughter and not for the good work on Lazarus

The boneless are a really cool concept

more than glad

Nah, Sleep No More is better, and obscenely under rated.

Which episodes did Chinballs write?

Dinosaurs on a spaceship
Power of Three
something equally forgettable

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials
ctrl+f "chris chibnall"

That's a pretty dire selection.

we know
He probably got the job because he's got showrunner experience with Broadchurch, not because of his episode quality

He also wrote 8 episodes, and was head writer, of Torchwood seasons 1 and 2.

He got it because Moffat likes him and hates Gareth.

Neither Chib or Gareth would get my vote.

Were his Torchwood episodes just as dull?

This is why I'm going to enjoy Moff's last season. In a few years time, all the Moff haters will be wanting him back.

Do you trust chibnall to write Capaldi's regeneration episode?

Even if Chinballs is RTD tier shit, I would still never want Moffhack back.

They were OK. OTT cheesy camp fun, if you like that sort of thing.

Torchwood is mainly remembered for GOAT season 3: Children of Earth (which Chibnall didn't write).

The last three episodes of Torchwood he wrote were pretty cool, even if they were overly edgy (UNIT owning their own Guantanamo).

If it was Toby Whithouse, I'd be more optimistic.

Ok Lee.

This meme is new to me. Please explain it.

Gareth should've been showrunner.

The Could've Been King and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres.

A guy who trolls every social media site available, hating on Moffat. There's a few others, but he seems to be the most persistent.

I've also spotted him on review sites, giving shitty reviews. He seems determined to kill Moffat Who for some reason. Maybe he has some other gripe with Moffat, Idunno.

Moff did say that between his first and second marriages, he shagged his way round television studios like a mechanical digger. Maybe this guy's his illegitimate son, cursing at his father for not acknowledging his existence.

They were many things, but not dull.

I see. So because I dislike Moffat I must clearly be this Lee. What a clever and funny meme.

Why doesn't /who/ make its own audios? It seems easy enough to do and might be a fun project.

Part of me wants Capaldi to leave with Moffat.

If Chibnall's Who is poorer quality, I don't want Capaldi's legacy spoiled.

moffat was a total drunk he did nothing in life he was a waste of life that's what his mother always said she abused him but he said that what made him what he is a crack head living on the side of the street he banged prostitution on the street almost every night no one knows how he afforded it. he had a child named Kevin he accidentally drowned at a pool when moffat wasn't paying attention he was only 6 moffat left his girl and died a consomme man until he was hit by a bus then good bye moffat.

Because no femanons, and nobody's man enough to narrate something in audiobook format.

They did one but enthusiasm for more petered out afterwards. At one point there was talk of adapting the Foreman scripts but alas they were unable to find a gender fluid genius and a paki for the main roles.

Ok Lee.

>died a consomme man

This will be the best /who/ meme of 2017. Screencap this and post it when I'm right.

docs.google.com/document/d/1-PGtpxU04cGqBcAd49d7b4q_fiCITDn-q9RuHe4O92I/edit?usp=sharing

We actually made a shit ton of progress on the Foreman audio, the inability to find a femanon killed it though

>he banged prostitution

can't we just have a twinky sounding boy or someone putting on a comically feminine voice?

reminder of this meme's ORIGIN:

What about the middle age Pertwee fan femanon? Anyone seen her here lately?

or was she one of Cats alter egos?

We had a dedicated femanon once who voiced the entire Mysterious Silo audio, too bad she abandoned us

Bet you anything that user was looking for vandalism by cats when he found that. That means this is another great meme gifted to us by cats.

Christ most of the parts were recorded.

Or maybe it was Cats' himself looking through the page history.

Is it really that hard for someone to do a Miss Piggy voice for Nirvi and just use silly voices for any other female characters?

>cats meming beyond the grave

Can he be stopped?

I thought the plan was to do an Apu voice for Nirvi.

The project is pretty much dead considering the guy who was planning on producing and narrating the entire thing has probably been gone for months now and that's a huge part to fill

Maybe Tardybox could take over with narration. He's got a sexy voice.

>he

Yikes. Why not just have a guy do it in a normal English voice and pitch the audio up?

Fuck I want this, his voice is great

This would be more funny desu senpai

>his

>not alot of people liked john he was an outcast especially to his mother Lavern wiles
>Lavern wiles

Because the character is supposed to be half indian. How else do you get that across in an audio if you don't do a comedy paki accent?

where have we heard his voice?

youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q

It's one of cats alt trips

>Lavern Wiles
>Lawrence Miles
Are they twinflames?

No, cloister.

>consomme man
I can't stop laughing at this. What did he mean?

Post-Brexit makes this even funnier

Dialogue, maybe.

What's the point of parodying an ultra PC fan project if you can't insert a little mild racism?

Fuck off Sup Forums. You may have control over Sup Forums but you racist fucks are not welcome here.

>angryjealoussociopaths.jpg

I apologise for triggering you. I hadn't realised I had logged on to tumblr by mistake.

Because just doing the opposite of Foreman isn't funny in itself. It's better to actually mock the "political correctness" in a satirical way.

Using racist humor doesn't make you racist.

I thought the plan was to perform the scripts as written. The humour coming from how shit they are and the way they are performed.

I agree. I am pretty racist though.

>being unironically racist
You will die a consomme man.

>Oh no. This person is about to get his brain cut out alive and awake.
>Better fuck off and watch two idiots play superhero tropes
And here I thought the Doctor cared

yup that scene made no sense at all. The Doctor did nothing to help that man.

Sounds souper.

And if Grant had been knocked out or something at the end, everyone would have died.
There was no way for the Doctor to know Grant could stop that spaceship or if he was aware of it.

>There was no way for the Doctor to know Grant could stop that spaceship
True but in that case he didn't have a lot of other options.

>the spaceship just happened to end up right on the roof where Grant was
Even for a light Christmas special, that was too ridiculous of a coincidence.