Holy fucking shit, what a train wreck

Holy fucking shit, what a train wreck.

did you really expect anything else?

to be fair, with the success of 4:44 it seemed like this was a perfect time for him to come out with something more ambitious

im not gonna let a bunch if trust fund idiot kids with a pitchfork column tell me to hate this guy

him and timbo made some of the greatest hits of the past 2 decades

all of a sudden hes a fucking white maleeee reeeeee fuck off

this is honestly so true lel

you can tell futuresex and 20/20 were perfectly crafted compared to what he's been doing recently, not just this album

that's the worst part, his downfall started with The 20/20 Experience that was okay at best, his new album is pure trash

this 1000%

>watches a varg video once

this, i haven't listened to it yet but it can't be that band and a bad score from pitchfork is a sign of quality at this point with all the shitty nig hop that gets an 8+ every time

it’s a very bad album but criticizing it as “white” is lazy and dumb

the album is like those teen diseny movies where the kids are first at conflict with the old people because they wanna do something cool and hip hop instead of something classical but they learn to work together at the end and make a song that's both modern and classical and that song is usually shit.
the album is nothing but those songs

>lazy and dumb
Summarizes the entire left in 2018.

>white man makes an album dedicated to his son and as an homage to the southern US where he grew up
>"REEEE indulgent and vaccuous"
>black man makes 70 minutes of "I fuck your bitch, and do large amount of drugs" for the 100000000000th time
>"Decidedly anti-Afrofuture, FUTURE and HNDRXX (the latter perhaps to a greater degree) both ignore ideology, precluding specific self-determinative typologies of diasporic history. They instead recognize and affirm a rather difference-blind urban subjecthood, a vague city-centric memory, one with yet finite reaches and concrete denotations. These stories are totems to the individual rather than the collective body, though they are firmly established in pseudo-geographic imaginations, viz the rival topography of Downtown Atlanta. The “kitchen” itself is revisited in “Scrape” and reminiscence is fond and tender, longing for a visually recognizable, though personally uninhabited, pre-Clintonian era of unfettered self-medication and exchange. It is one of FUTURE’s few political moments. Meanwhile, “I Thank U” characterizes a grotesque recognition of socioeconomic aspiration and a personal will, one insincerely personified in the nameless, disregarded, and ultimately discarded female form: “Girl, I thank you, I thank you/ I thank you/ ‘Cause you made me hustle.” Astonishingly, though, pro forma fables of interpellation, hailing by way of repressive state apparatuses (i.e., the 12, the five-o), are limited in narrative and scope, practically absent on FUTURE. The glorious absence of the political, de rigeuer for Wilburn, is notable only for its allowance of other, multicolored elements to shine to the fore."

I'm going to buy it on principle

>homage to the southern US where he grew up
No one told him that folk and country don't go well with 808s?

Post malone got away with it
.. sorta.

The 20/20 Experience was legitimately a good pop album but timberlake is outdated by now. He represents more of the late 90's early 2000's bubblegum pop thing. While its fucking 2018
Dude is what, in his late 30's early 40's?
He had a good run.

Post Malone's best songs don't have a country influence.

What's up with the complete 180 the media has done on justin timberlake the last few weeks? Seems like everyone used to love the guy then there was that pitchfork article about his white male privilege, his album got shit reviews and now he lost the super bowl. What did he do?

wow i cant believe thats a real review

and these faggots all ignore his best work, 56 nights, bc it was just a mixtape that didn't get pushed by publicists

these writers are fucking pathetic overcompensating whores

So we've finally reached the point where the only qualifications necessary to become Sup Forums's new hero are
>Be white
>Have liberal journalists saying negative things about you

I don't think its bad. I actually really like it a bit and have probably listened to it about 5-6 times. If I were to rate JT's albums I'd probably go:
20/20pt1 > FutureSex > Justified = Man of the Woods > 20/20 pt2
I'd say the song that works the least out of the entire album is Supplies. It is the song that stands out the most and not in a good way.
Other than that though, I'd say Midnight Summer Jam, Montana, and Higher Higher are the best off the album. Flannel sounds almost like a lullaby which is cute on an album dedicated to his son and it's pretty relaxing to listen to.

watch it get all the awards.

he's not a hero, he's just a pariah.

Holy fucking shit, what an over-trashed album that's actually decently enjoyable given a 66-minute runtime.

Just another solid album from a solid artist that got wrongly shit on by the media (see Weezer, Arcade Fire)

Higher Higher, Sauce, Breeze Off The Pond, and Midnight Summer Jam were all great

Don't care for the rest of the album

That means it's a really good album if only 4 out of 14 tracks are great.

this is the funniest fucking thread all these Sup Forums dudes are gonna buy a shitty pop album to try and own the libs