This was actually considered eccentric taste back in the day

>this was actually considered eccentric taste back in the day

Pre-internet days was hell on earth

what? 3/4 of that list is Sup Forumscore today

That's what I'm saying. Safe and boring.

>no japanese eai and tuvan throat singing
disgusting

>Pre-internet days was hell on earth
This is what millenials actually think

pre-internet days were like adam and eve before the loss of innocence. the age of the internet is living in hell.

Sharing music pre Internet was so so fun and extra satisfying when you found something great

>Swans

Didn't he consider red by king crimson to be one of his favourite albums too?

This still is, to most people. Sup Forums's oneupmanship has distorted your view on the matter, somewhat.

Dude, Kurt had God tier taste especially for the fact it was pre internet

Wipers, swans, raincoats, stooges, PIL, flipper, johnston, and mudhoney are all patrician

Yes dey deew...

this

All of those are surface level

good analogy actually

t. pleb

I'll have you know he probably knew 20 or maybe 30 more albums than this

Lel

How you know?

Cobain was really passionate about music and surely he was listening different music all the time

Damn

We have the benefit of hindsight to say "oh, I've heard of all of those and way more obscure stuff than that, what a plen." But that's exactly why they're entry/surface level: they've stood the test of time and been enjoyed by people some 20-30 years removed from them, or at least been influential to someone who has the cultural outreach to push them onto more people. Who knows what kind of today's obscure/experimental music will be popular with internetfags (or whatever subgroup comes to be the new internetfags) 20-30 years from now.