So what are your interpretations of American Psycho and the ambiguous ending

So what are your interpretations of American Psycho and the ambiguous ending.

DUBS?

Bateman just wanted to check em

check mine

CHECK 'EM

First, you must check em; then this thread has my permission to die.

Personally, I believe every thing that happened in the movie was DUBS

The story is framed as "NATIONALISM BAD, RACE IS NOT REAL!!!11"

Yet the events of the film tell a different story. It can be used as a argument for both sides, which is why it's so great.

If I get dubs we actually have to talk about the movie.

Apply yourselves.

hmm really made me think

apply these, friend

Check mine.

very nice, but that's nothing. Check these out

Checked

I don't even need to try

GET

Uhh... you don't get to bring theories.

It has a double meaning.

Everything happened except maybe for the killing of the police officers and the rest that one night. Paul Allen is dead, and the lawyer just think he's had dinner with him, like he thinks Bateman is somebody else.
As for the corpes of the whores in the apartment they were probably just cleaned out and kept quiet about so the selling price didn't go down.

I know I'll get downvoted for this but I think everything happened.

behold my repeating digits

quite impressive

Fuck me lad. Praise kek. SHADILAY!

>Quad Dubs

Holy SHIT

Make Numbers Repeating Again!

Jeez lad. These dubs are out of control.

2017 is going to be a great year

Yeah, I always felt that's why he freaked out and fucking killed people. Everyone was a vapid drone and he had a mental breakdown. He confessed to multiple counts of murder and they just laughed it off thinking he wasn't even Bateman. Wasn't there a scene when he ran into an apartment building thinking it was his own, but it was just an exact clone of his apartment building?

So pretty much it was not about the actual murders, but him trying to desperately break away from conformity. Everyone confuses each other constantly in the movie, they all look the same and have the same haircuts. Bateman is living a second life to maintain his own identity and that's why he confesses to the murders, to prove that he's an actual individual person. He actually wants to be seen as a different person, even if that means going to jail for the rest of his life. But the end of the movie denies him even that, and he's sucked back in souless society.

Excellent.

So did bateman get dubs in the end or was it all in his head?

Think about it like this, he might have well have just gotten them in his head. He so desperately wanted people to check his dubs that he went so far as even to get trips and quads. But the entire board was so wrapped up in their own shitty posts and being tripfags that no one even noticed his dubs. Even when he spammed over and over again about checking his multiple dub posts everyone just ignored it and confused him for another tripfag.

Psychopaths get away with stuff because normal people cannot conceive of such people. Even when Bateman literally tells someone what he did, they just think he is acting nuts. They cannot accept that such amoral people exist. But they do.