Richard D. James album is the shit

I ain't a hipster; but did everyone's minds just take a shit for a second. Richard D. James album is the best Apex Twin record, and yet people put it as worse than 'I care because you do' and the 'selected ambient works' albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAKDde-VNeI
youtube.com/watch?v=pU8o_T8T2lc
youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU
youtube.com/watch?v=S3yHbf7XEXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SAW 1 is still better

>Apex Twin
Ill just pretend this is a typo.
But yeah, I agree. It's his best.

Syro is my fave. RDJ was my favorite one before though.

syro was good, cant believe melon gave it a 3

Huh?

i care because you do is his most forward thinking album and, funnily enough, also his best

Yeah, man. I can't believe he gave it a 9

Tbh every AFX album is different and good in their own ways.
RDJ Album is instantaneously enjoyable, but ICBY, which initially was my least favorite, has grown a lot on me with each listen. Syro, Rushup Edge and Analord series are the definitive AFX recordings in my opinion.

>dyslexia in action

GOAT RDJ song right here

youtube.com/watch?v=EAKDde-VNeI

this but unironically

RDJ album is great. Its all the love for SAW 1 I don't get. It's a good album sure, but his later releases are more enjoyable and interesting to listen to.

I think the thing about SAW 1 that is craziest to me, is every time I revisit it I enjoy it more no matter how many times I've heard it.

SAW 1 is overall most accessible and is consistent and enjoyable throughout, while many of his other releases have maybe one or two tracks that don't live up to the rest of the record or have really abrasive percussion that turns some people off.

nah. saw definitely has some boring tracks and is the album most easy to lose interest in. the other albums are growers. shit, polygon window's surfing on sine waves may be better than saw, though xtal is better than any song on that album.

>A fucking Kavinsky remix

youtube.com/watch?v=pU8o_T8T2lc

agreed saw85-92 is always suggested as his best album best imo it's probably the worst out of his releases under aphex twin. It's a good/really good ambient techno album but his later stuff is way more interesting

for me, it's Come to Daddy

youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU

Cheetah EP
London 03.06.17
Houston 12.17.16
all the soundcloud shit esp 35 japan

Speaking of Richard D. James, does anyone have a working link for his discography? It seems the one in the archives is dead :(

Personal favorite youtube.com/watch?v=S3yHbf7XEXU

>

RDJ is very focused from a stylistic perspective while SAW 1 portrays a lot of diversity in the album and is also a lot more influential for the style of music itself. That being said I do agree that RDJ is better as I do think it's executed better especially compared to the longer tracks on SAW 1 that take forever to develop. My favorite is Syro though.

Speaking of Syro, I am surprised more people haven't given this album crazy amounts of love. In terms of sheer moment to moment detail, this album contains far more of it than any other album he has ever made, probably more so than the overwhelming majority of his peers, too. Not only that, it all fits together so well, too considering how many different types of sounds he used within any single moment.

rutracker

Druqks was panned when it came out, people only started really liking that one years after. Syro is fucking great, and the more you listen the more small details you hear. It's one of those albums that unfolds with repeat listens. I think a few years from now it will be revered as some of his best work by people.

that's not Drukqs

>best album
>not drukqs
>mfw

I like that fella something fierce, wish he'd come on back and share some tunes some day soon. He's a mensch, that one, and he's spot on with all his kooky imaginings.