Gonna watch this right now. What am I in for?

Gonna watch this right now. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy#Science_fantasy_versus_science_fiction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MEMBER STAR WARS?

MEMBER CHEWBACCA?

OHH, I MEMBER!

>manchildren central

I never watched any of the other movies, except for A New Hope a few months ago.

I'm 10 minutes in and this is just a bad sci-fi movie.

It's the best star wars film.

>this is just a bad sci-fi movie.

It's not science fiction, it's science fantasy you turbopleb.

>As a combination of the two, science fantasy gives a scientific veneer of realism to things that simply could not happen in the real world under any circumstances. Where science fiction does not permit the existence of fantasy or supernatural elements, science fantasy explicitly relies upon them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy#Science_fantasy_versus_science_fiction

How could Han use Luke's saber?

a good nap

The transitions are terrible and the dialogue is deplorable. The acting bares mediocrity.

>How could Han use Luke's saber?
By pressing the on button.

By turning it on.

Don't you have to be a Jedi for that?

>quoting RLM

Clearly not.

Where did I quote RLM?

That's like saying I can't use a longsword to cut a rope because I'm not a trained swordsman.

Iirc, they say in the previous movie you need to be able to use the force to handle a light saber.

That's probably because Star Wars isn't science fiction. It's a space opera, or as others call it a fantasy movie set in space.

The movies don't focus on the technology, but it's about space wizards and huge battles that just happen to be set in space.

The Empire Strikes Again is the worst of the Star Wars movies. It's boring and nothing really happens. The only good one is the one from about 10 years ago where the mongoloid kid goes around cutting up kids with his lazer sword. The old witch is fun too when he throws some bald nig nog out of a skyscraper.

I don't recall that.

Even if they do "handling a lightsaber" is a lot different than "turning it on and cutting open a taun-taun's stomach". No-one's suggesting that Han could fight Yoda with Luke's lightsaber.

Finn also uses Luke's lightsaber in The Force Awakens and he isn't a Jedi.

Ewokposter strikes again

Obi-wan says a lightsaber is a Jedi's weapon but doesn't specifically say it's only for Jedi. Plus Luke's training with the practice droid implies it's not something you use without education. But you don't need the Force to turn it on and cut a hole in a Tauntaun. Even then Han sounds nervous and unsure while using it.

it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it