Why do you guys debate this like the outcome wasn't preordained?

Why do you guys debate this like the outcome wasn't preordained?

Why do you debate "how long connor lasted" and "look how many times floyd was hit"?

Anyone who watched Floyd Mayweather fight knew that he was not fighting normally and obviously giving this guy some rounds to please the fans and make it more exciting. He only threw 9 jabs in the whole first three rounds.

How can you look at this gif and think this wasn't a staged fight and Floyd could have just knocked him out in the first round.

A MMA fighter is not going to be a boxer in boxing just like a boxer would get his ass kicked in MMA.

Again look at this gif. Think about all the fights you've seen of mayweather and you realize it was just a big show for cash. You didn't see him do this last night because it would just be pitiful.

haha yeah

>Mayweather was in really trouble guys. Mcconnor, a guy who never boxed professionally in his life, gave him more trouble than professional boxers.

Yeah ok.

of course the first 4 rounds was Mayweather selling the fight. I'm not saying every punch he took was illegitimate, but most were.

Floyd could have easily done in round 4 or 5 what he did in round 10.

he admitted he wanted to give the fans something interesting to make up for the Pac fight. if he wanted to he could have lost this fight to set up a rematch and trilogy. thank God he didn't and now we can all forget about this shit

Don't forget he is 40 and came out of retirement for this fight.

But there were certain parts i was shouting at my screen until i realized why he might be doing it. Like guarding his face and staying in the ducked position.

Not something he would do. But at the same time i also believe Floyd may have been slightly intimidated.

It's obvious it was all for the show. It was fun, but in a retiree charity event way. It wasn't worth $100 at all, but it was still a moderately entertaining watch.

The first 4 rounds is Mayweather not firing back on Conor.

1) Mayweather is old now
2) Mayweather didn't train as hard because he knew he didn't need to
3) Mayweather wasn't worried at all about letting Connor hit him

It wouldn't really make sense for Mayweather to bust his ass all year and even in this fight when there was no chance he was going to lose it. You can say it was "rigged", but the more probable answer is simply Mayweather didn't bother to do anything more than he needed to.

Put simply, I agree that Mayweather probably could've knocked him out whenever he wanted. Why did he wait until the 10th? You say it was to make it more exciting for the fans, I say it's simply because it was easier for him to just wait.

You're a fucking idiot if you think that floyd purposely coasted the first 4 rounds to give the fans a show when he very clearly turtled to tire conor out and take his power away. It's not like Floyd was ever going to knock Conor out cold, the cunt hits like a wet noodle.

Floyd isn't a knockout artist but lets not pretend like he can't hit hard when he finds his openings.

If floyd wanted too, he probably could have set a record for punch connected last night. He doesn't have knock out power to put someone out with one punch, but anyone getting pelted endlessly in the head and body with laser shots like Mayweather was capable of doing, would be out of there in short order.

He didn't because the fight would be over in two rounds and people would be pissed.

not a 40 year old Floyd, he breaks people mentally and they give up or he outlasts them by being conservitive with his energy as is the case with Conor. He hasn't seriously rocked anyone out of nowhere in 10 years.

>Floyd was ever going to knock Conor out cold, the cunt hits like a wet noodle.

A wet noodle that had Conor ready to hit the mat.

People actually believe that horseshit? Even in the 8th round when Conor started to seriously fade it was still a close round.

>it was still a close round.

>Floyd Mayweather couldn't knock out a man on the brink of collapse from exhaustion.

That shit says more about Floyd's lack of punching power that he can't deck a near defenseless man.

"close" only because he's fighting floyd.
If he was fighting a real middleweight I'd actually be concerned for his health.
canelo would punch him through a fucking wall.

That's irrelevant, we're talking about whether Floyd was coasting for the purpose of it not being a complete farce.

Same reason the Golden State Warriors don't try as hard against the 76ers as they do against the Cavs. It's not a matter of giving a show, it's a matter of "why?"

>Floyd's lack of punching power
>Conor lands a clean early round uppercut on a 40 year old out of retirement and gets smirked at

Face it, MMA was made into a joke with this fight. Conor came out and proved that all MMA fighters can do is hammerfist like animals and try and break each others limbs.

>he can't knock Conor out
>TKOs him

Hooray?

I agree even at the end in the fight may weather said he was glad he gave the public what they wanted to see