Protopunk actually sounds like the music of violent delinquents, the music of Detroit and New York in civil meltdown...

Protopunk actually sounds like the music of violent delinquents, the music of Detroit and New York in civil meltdown. Even the NY Dolls with their lisping and whooping sound like they want to beat the shit out of you.

'Hardcore punk' on the other hand sounds like some retard reminiscent of Jimmy from Ed Edd n Eddy squeaking about Reagan, veganism and trans"'women'"'s rights over sped up power chords, rock's equivalent to nightcore. The first time I listened to it I honestly laughed. What a piece of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M8H8_7xTm28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need to listen to better Hardcore mate
Proto-Punk is best Punk though, it's hard to disagree with that

i agree

>Gets 14 year old to scrape peanut butter off of him

youtube.com/watch?v=M8H8_7xTm28

I love this album but that's actually a perfect description of this band hahaha

Nah, protopunk is actually very tame and honestly boring nowadays compared to what hardcore punk brought. In fact, hardcore punk optimizes from a musical perspective the upbeat, raw, and aggressive feel of rock n roll to its conclusion. Also I am pretty sure a genre which has a subculture dedicated entirely to being healthy (straight edge and tough guys subsets of hardcore) have far tougher people than the loser junkies of protopunk.

Here's your (You) though, it's somewhat deserved.

>Proto-punk is widely held as groundbreaking, aggressive, and worth your time
>Post-punk broke the mold and has real substance and is well loved
>Proto and Post most revered bits of punk
>The "Before" and "After" more liked than the current shit

Makes you think

Pretty sure Ramones, Sex Pistols, Green Day, and Blink 182 have probably sold more than any protopunk or post-punk group. The first two of those bands mentioned have demonstrated influence far outside the realm of punk as well. Neither of your bottom two statements are thus true.

>Also I am pretty sure a genre which has a subculture dedicated entirely to being healthy (straight edge and tough guys subsets of hardcore) have far tougher people than the loser junkies of protopunk.

OK henry, as long as that's what you tell yourself to remain sober

>thinks Minor Threat is a straight edge band
Generic Sup Forums "I am gonna post like I know what I am talking about but I don't know shit" post

>Green Day, and Blink 182
One band that is considered to be behind the death of punk and the other being a literally who band of 2 numales and a wigger faggot

>One band that is considered to be behind the death of punk
By teenagers that just got into punk. Most people that extensively listen to the genre, go to shows, support their local scene, etc. respect Green Day and often at least say that Dookie is a legit classic.
>the other being a literally who band of 2 numales and a wigger faggot
>nu males, faggots
What? Can your autism and keep this about the music.

The music is shit too.
Also no, lol the greenday thing is completely backwards

>The music is shit too.
It's creative by changing more subtle elements of the genre so it's not the same approach to making punk while also still being energetic. At least the albums where these bands tried.
>Also no, lol the greenday thing is completely backwards
Nah, it's three stage: normies love it, faux music fans hate it, people who actually care about their scene love it and have a better appreciation for it.

Yes because bands like Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Vibrators etc aren't critically acclaimed and well loved

that's nowhere in the post, and Ian actually is "straight edge" even if he distances himself from the term (that he coined)

way to out yourself as a dumbass

Iggy really looks like a poorly made paper sculpture in this photo
As if he doesn't always

>Green Day and Blink 182
Mate those are pop punk bands

emo and post-hardcore are the best punk subgenres imo

lol

>thinks being straight edge is the same thing as what constitutes straight edge punk and it's particular subset of the culture
>posts Ian MacKaye in a response to a post about straight edge punk culture then claims "that's nowhere in the post"
Next level retardation right here.
Yeah, but that's still actually punk. That user was very clearly trying to make a differentiation between proto punk and post punk vs other forms of punk, about which I proved him wrong. I'll never get this board's general apprehension to visceral genres of music (metal, punk, hip hop that focuses on being more visceral instead of muh lyrical miracle except maybe meme grips, etc.) as if they are too intelligent for that shit.