Remember when all houses were this price? Remember when it wasn't 300,000 for a unit

Remember when all houses were this price? Remember when it wasn't 300,000 for a unit.

Now when you find a cheap unit or house you've gotta ask what's wrong with it? is it across the street from a race war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generating_stations_in_Ontario
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tfw my parents bought a house for $29,000 in 1997. I really was born in the wrong generation, not even memeing.

I'll just get one of those mini houses, it's not like I need more than a bed,a kitchen and a bathroom.

My parents paid $170,000 for their house in 2000.
It's now valued at around $400,000.

My girlfriend and I are looking to buy a town home and we're looking at $300,000 to $350,000 easily.

I don't understand how the prices have gone up so much. How is it sustainable? Are there really that many rich fucks buying real estate because no millennials are buying this shit.

I bought my current house for $350,000 3 years ago. Last time it was sold before I bought it was in the early 1990's for $17,000.

I've not seen another house listed in my neighborhood for any cheaper than $420,000 so I guess I got a good deal...

>Noble Park
no thanks

My grandma bought her house with my grandpa in the early 60s for 13000 and now it would clear 300 000. I blame the nose.

>Are there really that many rich fucks buying real estate because no millennials are buying this shit.
yes.

loads of rich fags that made their money scamming good little goyim like you can afford these and are buying them up like it's fucking monopoly.

My parents paid 138k for the house I grew up in, 1,400 sq foot on 2 acres.

They sold it 10 years after purchase for 320k and most of that profit is used to offset increased cost of living.

I recognize that some of it is natural but it's almost entirely because people keep moving here at an insane rate because the local economy is/was pretty robust.

i bought a fixer upper for only $4750 and used dem programz to make it liveable

now i have my own property mortgage free i live in the master bedroom and rent out the other 3 rooms for $300 a piece

There's still plenty of houses that look like this at this price. Just gotta look in Tasmania. One of my mates got a pretty decent house there last year for $170,000. Here in Sydney, though, wouldn't expect to find anything bigger than a two-bedroom apartment for $500,000.

They do sell houses for 50k and 100k but those are in the country like moe.

>WHY DON'T YOU OWN A HOUSE user
>WHY DON'T YOU HAVE KIDS YET user
>WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP user

Fuck I hate boomers. I rent a 2 bedroom with wife, and this is all I ever hear. The houses in our neighborhood go for 600k.

>paying a loan
>by the week

do seabongs really do this?

My theory is as soon as women entered the workforce in droves, around the 80's and 90's house prices became based on double incomes, rather than a single income. This pretty much made it unaffordable to buy a house on a single income, making Australia a giant powerhouse in the child care/fitness instructor world economy.

face it guys u got cucked out of the housing market

Sup Forums should move to Tasmania

no crime no nothing we can rebuild in Tasmanian

the prices for homes there are actually ok

but like

we can rebuild white Tasmania

guys pls

>bought house in Eastwood, NSW in 2000 for 400k
>knockdown rebuild
>worth about 2 mil now
stay mad faggot

No jobs down there

no jobs anywhere mate

No it's from China buying the houses with their corrupt government money.

> noble park

Hope you love niggers

>1 bedroom unit on corrigan rd
>$180k

not bad
babby's first equity

>parents bought house in sydney for 300k in 1996 which was a lot of money for them at the time
>renovated it and sold it in 2008 for 1.2mil
>new house was bought for 2.3mil
>all recently sold houses on my street have gone for 3.5mil+
>parents still have a 1mil mortgage
absolute madness, I'm not getting involved in any of this shit - no one needs this much money, it just seems to cause unnecessary stress and eat up your leisure time

But user! We need these foreigners to price us out of our own cities and schools, otherwise we'd be poorer!

That is a bingo.
Only thing stopping me.

Recently bought a 5 bed room house in Tasmania for 50k. It's in a nice town that overlooks fucking mountains and the air is clean. I make money online so it doesn't matter where I live.

>Feells good man

Nice.
I have been looking at the area around Cygnet.
Where are the best bargains to be had?

tell me ways of making online money cunt

Teach us!!!!!!

>Thinking you're fucked
A decent apartment costs about a million here

yeah but a million shekels is a bit different to a million aud

Not 6 million?

>1 post by this ID

kek'd

Damn kikes pushing up prices -oh wait

>grandparents bought house for $250,000
>now worth $4,000,000
How does this work?

Fucking magic.

This is why I am a proud statist. You Anarcho capitalism / libtard fags can go FUCK YOURSELVES, we need a government that prevents the super rich from buying more than their share of property as human beings.

I think a human should only be allowed to own a maximum amount of property, so he wont buy everything up and rig the game for the rest of us.

what my comment got deleted. what the hell mods? being THIS butthurt? go kill yourselves, honest recommendation.

What it actually means for you.
>Your rates go up.

If this was before the law was change then after you pay off your house then you don't pay rates.

Dingo dollars lol what an absurd concept

Oh please don't even

fuck off no one cares about your commie bullshit

Alright cunts someone explain capital gains tax

I buy a house for $100
I sell the house for $200
Its assumed i 'made' $100 and this gets taxed?

So lets say its a 15% tax, i now have $185 in my pocket instead of the $200 i was meant to. After tax i can no longer buy the house which i just sold? Assuming all houses around me went up in price accordingly i now need to spend more of my savings to stay in an equivalent house in an equivalent area?

This shit makes no sense to me

Isn't it that if you own and occupy the home and sell it you don't pay tax on the capital gains?

It's a shoebox. With bars on the windows.

So if i buy an investment property what incentive to have to ever sell it?

hows your 10 investment properties going Xuan?

All I need is that and my battlestation

>dollarydoos

Just get a Chevy Astro Van or a Toyota Dolphin

He's right though.

Either that, or we need a massive war.

Seeing how things are going with Islam, I'm sure we'll have some empty houses in ten years.

>parents by 5 br 2000 sq ft house for 245k
>fast forward 15 years
>now worth 1.4 million.

Now the cheapest condos near me are 400k+ fml

In that case you will be taxed.
Not sure on the percentage.
You wouldn't sell an investment property to buy a property that is exactly the same value in the same area.
The $185 you make after tax will be used with a mortgage to buy a nicer house in a nicer area.
Nicer areas have higher rents and should sell even better further down the line for more profit.
Rinse and repeat until you have accumulated enough profit to buy a good home outright or a bunch of low tier houses outright.

It reduces interest, if you have cash flow you should do it friend.

I pay mine weekly plus 25%.

Loan repayments have been reduced from an expected 30 years down to about 14 years.

Can we just go and put all the baby boomers into retirement homes and stop the Chinks from buying everything?

>mfw bogan cunts overpay to live on a desert prison island and i live in a deciduous forest for cheap

A small house like that would sell for 2-3 million dollars in my neighbourhood, even though it is mediocre.

mfw gloating amerifat is governed by a nigger.

this would cost about 60k usd here
nice prices america

Also.

Buy all the cheap housing in country towns and land, consistently ask for metro to extend the lines to those towns.

Profit?

My grandparents bought a house in 1954 in central London and paid the mortgage with just my grandfather working as a menial factory worker (grandmother as housewife)

It sold for £1,600,000 last year.

Different times, I know people who lived in the best side of london that's extremely high in price and only recently moved.

Strangely they moved to the country.

t. Thanks foreign investment

>grandparents bought a house in the 60s for 25k
>they just recently died
>im now selling it for 1.4 million
thank you based grandparents

Shita gona pop in the next few years when boomera try to sell off their secondary houses they bought on a secondary mortgage

Doubles will it

Mass migration plus awful planning at a state and federal level and hey presto, gen y is priced out of the australian dream.

>Found a nice place listen with a real estate agent
>3bed
>3 bad
>Near town
>Fairly spacious
>Only $270k
>Sounds awesome
>Wonder what's wrong with it
>Look up the address
>It's literally directly across the road from Centerlink

I didn't want that house anyway

House prices where I live are somewhat high. I live in a tech driven area. Neighbourhood where I live is about $400k average. But down the road you can get one for $200k. The issue is taxes and Utilities. Property taxes are really high and, they go up every year by a lot. Plus Electricity prices are fucking disgusting.

All these power stations and highest rates in Canada and North America.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generating_stations_in_Ontario

>Strangely they moved to the country.

You can buy a studio flat in a nigger infested area, or a 5 bedroom home with half an acre of garden in the country

I don't really get that either, I mean personally i'd be extended the railway lines till the edge of the state in vic then making it all metro in 15 year gaps or maybe 10.

>Centerlink
Build large fence put sign saying centerlink is across the road, they will know where to go.

>nigger infested area
It can't be as bad as it was in the 50's right? I mean police would tell people to watch them then just in case.

I don't think it would be like that now.

How do y'all define "country?" is that like the American suburbs? I haven't been to the UK since 2011 and I still failed to leave downtown London.

It's tough out here mane, that's for sure.

I work for a big pharma company, my girlfriend is a nurse. Combined salary of about 130k so not too bad considering we are in our mid 20's, but we are finding it stupidly hard break into the market.

The good ol' days are gone, the "worst house on the best street" we were all told to go for is now a million plus dollars.

I'm looking at frankston at the moment and it's depressing to know I can't even live here. Average price for 3 bedroom shitter in need of work in the poorer side is still around the $480k mark. 20% deposit, that's $96k needed to be put together as a deposit, by the time I've saved that up the house has now gone up 20k, you can't save as quick as the house goes up it's impossible.

So my advice, rent where you want to live and the money you save on rent invest in shares or put into your super. It's not a time to buy houses now imo.

>grandparents sitting on million dollar house
>still healthy and exercise regularly

>dad buys house next to a river for the price of a few vodka bottles
>this was in the 80s and the river literally smelled like shit and was full of waste and india-tier garbage
>nokia happens, suddenly lots of money
>state wants to make city a better place, issues a river cleaning project
>water is now pure and clean, the view is beautiful and the land is worth a million
kek

I don't, capitalism to the souls till the bullet hole.

Frankston is a shithole how can it be that much.

Also, Check that site in the OP and put the price between 50 - 150 i've seen places around that area.

Tfw in Portugal with 200.000€ you can buy a great house in a comfy place

He's a talented programmer. We are mates IRL.

Newly minted richfag here. Question for you cunts who own multiple properties: Don't you find it a pain in the ass to run a rental company, worry about dealing with repairs and keeping places up to code, nigger tenants burning your place down, etc.? Is it all really worth the headache? Why not invest in something both low-return and low-maintenance?

And with regards to the properties you actually live in, what do you do with places you only live in 2 months out of the year? Do you get trusted friends to look after the place while you're gone, or what?

Important: Are qualified as a Pharmacist? If you are, you could easily move out country way with guaranteed jobs for both of you and have access to much cheaper property. Australian/American trained Pharmacists and Nurses are in extreme demand in rural Australia.

JUST

Buy and hold, don't speculate on something that could cripple you. Keep you cash flow going so you can hold and acquire more income producing assets.

Remember when your mom wasn't banging this dude on the side?

tfw buy appartment in norgay in 2009 for 200k USD, 2 years later sell it for 310k

kek

meanwhile friends who sat on the fence back in 2009 because "housing prices is about to burst!" are cucked into renting to this day

Don't fall for the super meme

Speculation with property shouldn't be allowed.

Kek.

The mid terrace 2 bed house I bought last year for 190k is now worth 210k.

Getting £850 a month rent from that badboy.

Spotted the East German

>Parents bought a house for 520K in 2000
>House is now worth 3.5 million
>No house in this ENTIRE CITY costs less than 1 million

Thank you for enriching us with your diversity based ching chongs.

If your into hospitality there are lots of jobs, locals are shitcunt workers that never show up

You know I almost agree with this, the stupid high increase in house price to average wage ratio is fucking with me so hard.

Actually I am from the most cancerous part of Western Germany.

But really, people need a place to live. It's one of the true basic needs next to food (at least with the way our society works you can't really live innawoods).
Letting foreign investors buy up all the property and then have it stay empty for the next decade while it triples in price is completely fucking retarded.

I agree German brother, 100%
Just having a little fun.