Boxing training

So, now that we all know that the modern approach of weightlifting, interval cardio and mixed martial arts is bullshit, we can ask the right questions.

As in: How does boxing training actually look like? As far as I know, it's mostly punching bags, maybe some mitt work. A lot of slow, long cardio sessions. Some guys do sparring, some don't. Some guys do floorwork, some don't. All exercises are measured in rounds of 3 minutes (some do 4 minutes, tho). Like 3 rounds heavy bag, 3 rounds, shadow boxing, 3 rounds floorwork or somesuch.

Can any boxer chime in?

You need to turn learn the different styles of boxing. "defensive fighthing" "mexican style,brawler comeforward fighting" "inside fighting" "slick fighthing" ect... You also need to know how to fight against lefties. Lefties give orthodox fighters alot of problems and learn how to punch right handed and left handed.

What he said, boxing takes a lifetime to learn. Im still amazed they managed to promote an Amateur vs 49-0 boxer as the fight of the century.

Even more so that people believed it and bet on him.

Boxing = Competitive melee

MMA = 12 year old tier all items set at very high Smah

jfl @ all the hardcore conor fans who lost thousands and will still support him with tears in their eyes

jfl @ all his fans who paid for ppv with 75% of the money that went to fighters going to his opponent who made them eternally butmad

jfl @ these same people who got fleeced claiming floyd is a pussy because he refuses to get beat up by conor in an mma ring for peanuts

>not just finding some random Mexican construction worker and having him box McGregor
would've been more fair

>trend following asshole just needed one fight to convince him that boxing is all he needs
I love boxing but you are a faggot.

You're gonna get choked out then switch to BJJ. Then you are going to get your bell rung by a kick and then switch to kickboxing. You know this is true.

Just don't even start. We have enough tryhard dipshits like you polluting the gyms.

I don't think the problem was his training really...

I think it was the fact that he was probably a lot more nervous than Floyd. He also threw many more punches. When you are nervous though, your adrenaline runs, after its gone, you are SHOT.

would you stop posting "JFL" with every post, gangsta?
are you 12?

he was like Trump before a debate, unprepared when all he had to do was be prepared.
conor didn't even add a boxing trainer to his camp, apparently, which would explain why he didn't really understand what to do in the ring.

jfl @ u

how about an uber dirver?

pic-related

>You're gonna get choked out then switch to BJJ.
I had spars with BJJ and Judo guys while doing Karate. They're nothing special, they "also only cook with water" as we say in Germany. Also sparred MT guys who were shit, tho.

Just interested in boxing, that's all.

>I don't think the problem was his training really...
It really was. MMA has shit strikes.

What does "only cook with water" mean?

it means to make sopa my guy.

>MMA has shit strikes

An MMA fighter with zero professional boxing experience just went 10 rounds with the GOAT of boxing and even picked up a few rounds. It's not shit it's just different.

In fairness the likes of Amir Kahn generated quite a bit of hype figting binmen and postmen

Sopa de macaco is legit uma delĂ­cia, you should try it once, I can hook you up with my sogra and she'll cook a great one for ya

sopa de perro?

>An MMA fighter with amateur boxing experience just went 10 rounds against a known UD winner because his boxing is shit

ftfy

The biggest difference between the sports is that boxing has a better system for weeding out the weak. The amatuer system, national competitions, international tournaments such as the olympics.
somewhere along the line the weak get exposed and are eventually held back from further progress. the boxers path to being elite is basically a kind of natural selection. having well above average stamina to regular humans is selected by the nature of boxing. not so in mma where there are more ways to rest and glass chinned bums get KO by the 1st punch that lands.

mma fighters are basically evolved to survive in a less demanding environment.

Which debates were you watching?

>party games