Harry Potter General: Copypasta out of the way edition

The dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder all of them are kino besides Goblet of Fire

What now copypasta fag, you can't post the past in this Harry Potter thread, because it's already posted.

I've created a paradox, now fuck off.

More like pleb general, lol

It really is dull though. The movies after 3 all feel the same. Harry Potter is easily the shittiest of all young adult franchises

I don't know, OP. I don't have much to say about one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

If Harry Potter is shit than most other franchises are ultra shit.

Go back to /lit/ already you disgusting ape

HP is literally the best series, every film feels different, especially 3-8

butthurt hp fags

Why has this become a thing? It's fucking dull.

It's because Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

"No!"

wb shills
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67049940/#67049940
they even got to the mods

All me, I'm an autist who like Bored of the Rings and Star Wars Disney Wars

Wow. They shouldn't even bother shilling for one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

"No!"

WB no longer owns Harry Potter retard. They are now called Universal shills

There's nothing more pathetic than liking one of dullest shitposts in the history of Sup Forums shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ NEETs and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitpost's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta to make fantasy unfantastical, to make witchcraft seem plebeian.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/. Posting the pasta on Sup Forums, he made sure it would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his (You)s. The shitpost might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly anti-intellectual in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are f-funny though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the main text is terrible and the troll jpg isn't much better. As I read, I noticed that every time he shitposts, Quentin writes that "Atlas Shrugged is a God-tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred thousand times. I was incredulous. The shitposter's mind is so governed by spamming and repetition that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of: "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

That was the most disgraceful thing ever done here in 4chin. Next to it, all those stupid ads.

>shilling harry potter on a loser forum
You have to be retarded. FB has a shit gross so if they did they fucked up. Pro tip everyone was talking about HP and not giving a single fuck about the new one.

I can't hear or see the word 'dull' anymore.

Actually, OP, your silly "in before" faggotry actually fits perfectly one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"

it was pretty weird that for months before its release the spoilers(that ended up being 100% true) were being spammed almost everyday, yet all of the sudden during release week it wasn't allowed anymore.

>this fucking thread
K
E
K

Nice thread for one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy Arnold having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance.

Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before.

>a-and now you swear you can taste the sweat
"No!"
That's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you.

Smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty. The beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

It's a pretty funny thread considering it concerns one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

"No!"

Why would you need to inb4 one of the best franchises in the history of movie franchises throughout? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been distinguishable from the others. Aside from the fantastic imagery, the series’ numerous consistencies have been its lack of plot holes and effective use of special effects, all to make magic magical, to make action seem captivating.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would be a work of art that meant a lot to everybody! Just incredible cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Lucas (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-prequel series in its refusal of annoying characters, boring dialogue and dull plot. We love to face that fact. Now, thankfully, we always can.

>a-and the books were good!
"Yes!"
The writing is intricate; the books were amazing. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote, instead, that the character "stretched his legs" or some other fantastic idiom.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by unique imagery and fresh metaphors that she has so many styles of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Can someone else please post this post for me again itt. I don't want to be the only loser posting it.
Please.

The films were kino, unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I bet OP thought he was very clever

No the samefagging autist who posted the pasta eight times thinks he is

Well done shitposters, well done... HOWEVER

>he mixed pastas
Nigga, you what!?

Wish Ron and Harry would sit on my dick.

Harry Potter is shit

Both of those are me tho.

What a shitty thread, OP. Instead you could've made a thread about one of the dullest of scenes, each take following the adventures of CIA his men from Mayer Craft as they fight hired guns has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the ass shots, the scene's only consistency has been its lack of coherence and ineffective use of practical effects — all to make flights landed, to make action seem inert...
Perhaps the die was cast when Kane vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody — just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his comic books. (Sadly, Stan Lee and Marvel's producers seem to be following this model.) The plane scene might be anti-maskettas (or not), but it's certainly the anti-Big Guys series in its refusal of painfulness, bigness and loyalty. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

Reminder all these redditors hate harry potter because they are either bookfags or losers with no friends and social life

Just marathoned this post, did I think it was kino?

>he posted the pasta three times in one thread on new years day
Sad!

reddit general

Best Harry Potter thread.

hi pasta man
do i have taste in movies? letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again post one of your little "dullest movie" copypastas again, after having filled in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" "tier lists" pic, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting a fucking copypasta for Harry Potter. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic dullposting NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say in reply in some variation of the copypasta. You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

reddit boofkfags who can't detect kino and post about star wars are cancer

Paths of Glory is great.

Meta post here: Look at how much Harry potter triggers these autists. Literally /ourguy/ and /ourseries/. Also recall how autists have no self awareness or sense of irony.

>implying you're not being counterbaited for precious (you)s

thanks buddy. I follow 4 follow if you have an account. just please don't like sprinbreakers or niclas winding refn and we'll be good.

@77898286
Not him but he didn't give anyone a (You) retard.

>posting a dead account
Wew

Everbody responding to the pastas is giving (you)s you stupid goblin.

I like Drive, is that okay?

sure i dont really mind. ogf is ok

Why would anyone be triggered by the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

"No!"

@77898352
Thanks for the (You).

@77898407
Literally just proved him correct

i have it set to followers only sorry. i don't write review movies anymore though as i'm busy posting on Sup Forums now

Putting the copypasta in the OP was a mistake. Usually it's just one guy who posts it and the rest of the thread is people actually discussing the movies/books.

underage

>he says while posting on a star wars lord of the rings mongolian throat singing board

This. Aside from one posting of the pasta, Harry Potter threads are usually pretty good, and contain more actual discussion than most other threads on this board. Starting with the pasta turned this whole thread into a metahumor mess.

How has nobody yet posted the superior Clifford version in one of the worst Sup Forums threads in the history of Sup Forums threads? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"

The HP threads are usually the only ones with discussions

Yeah, throwing tier and movie rate lists back and forth are surely discussions.

There are no actual shills for this series or even any else here. It's literally one neet that spends 10+ hours samefagging and if his thread doesn't kick off he'll start spamming cinemagrids until it does. This is one of his other posts and I wouldn't doubt for a second he posts the op pasta too.

>hypersphere

Sorry you never have discussions but I've had plenty even people that I disagreed with that weren't shitposting.

>only one person likes HP
Right that's why these threads always have the most traffic. You're the one neet who's shitting up every thread complaining.

Based pasta

and this is why the internet must never become sentient