youtube.com/watch?v=1-wglNPGzrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SI3UDcY4hi4
soundcloud.com/dominicbennett
youtube.com/watch?v=E3vYVGMgZYY
youtube.com/watch?v=DnBr070vcNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gimmicky trash

That hook is a fucking horrible thundercat copy

This dude is such a dweeb in interviews but people seem to look up to him. He's clearly very smart for what it's worth.

that's a gay shit.

Hahaahhaahahah sick album cover bro

trashy gimmick

Herbie Hancock thinks he's great, really we're all just jealous of him. I hate him irrationally too.

>Herbie Hancock thinks he's great
who cares? That doesn't change the fact that the song is saccharine bullshit.

he really has no creativity.

would have been decent without the vocals

agreed.

Yes, the vocals are problem. Also absolute gaysex-tier visuals.

kinda cool how all the brothers are in a band together i guess, the one who sings had kinda a weird voice though, interesting to see where they go from here.

I like his music quite a lot.

>It's just music theory
Imagine being this retarded

MUH ROOM

this is how soulful virtuosity looks like
>one instrument, insane tricks
youtube.com/watch?v=6eTBc7aWBGw

This kid pisses me off because he has an incredible amount of musical gifts and he's wasting them all on this Radio Disney crap. This is probably what would have happened to Mozart if he had lived in our culture of spectacle and self-indulgence. Maybe he'll grow out of it at least?

Not jealous, just disappointed

yea, not sure the dude is technically solid enough to be a jazz musician. but he should at least get into some more serious songwriting/arranging.

Why are you assuming he'd be any good at pop music?

the eragon of music

Honestly, he's just such an epic faggot I can't take him seriously. Also that cow shirt is vomit inducing.

I'm pretty covinced he's innately musical enough to be any kind of musician (he can hear and sing microtones, beatbox irregular polyrhythms etc...). He just has gay-ass sensibilities. Maybe this is a cruel joke by the demiurge

Personally I'd be interested what he could do as a classical composer

Fuck I wanna punch that face so bad

this younger virtuoso kid doesn't have the same level of musical genius, but really hits the spot with high level jazz execution.
youtube.com/watch?v=1-wglNPGzrQ

yea, you might be right. He has so many tools at his disposal, but struggles to execute in a tasteful way.

he's pretty much a John Mayer lite

I want to fuck that face desu

this is fantastic

>pop

I'd only malign the existence of this trash genre if this is what it does to the most musically gifted mind of our generation.

That song was quite nice though? I feel like the only thing you guys are legitimately pissed off about are his looks.

yea, hopefully he doesn't burn out.

youtube.com/watch?v=SI3UDcY4hi4

>mfw non talented retards think this isn't creative
I bet you kids don't even think in negative harmony

No, I think he'd make a great camwhore honestly

lol I too have watched the interview vids

This is the most soy thing I've ever heard

>negative harmony

Why is everyone acting like one of the most important contrapuntal devices since the 17th century is some kind of unprecedented revolution in music? Brainlets the lotta ya.

WHY it has to be the whirlwind of the faggiest sounds a man able to produce, it's literally impossible to listen without constant cringe.

is that my nigga harold bloom

N E G A T I V E H A R M O N Y

You know it senator pie

>super hyper ultra uber meta beta lydian scale

you're alright user

I actually really like him as a person, but yeah that song sucks. I've never heard a single trained musician making good popular music. It's like if you're educated you can only compose classical music without sucking. And he has the worst fashion sense I've seen.

Can someone who is creative here kill him and absorb his musical ability? That's how it works right? I saw the movies.

It is a nice cover, though. Or it would be if he weren't in it, or at the very least not wearing that shirt.

looks like fucking ted mosby

>le small world maymay
This shit is gonna age so poorly

A local music-critic said something like "he can't go two bars without pressing all the keys." He probably has the worst sense of phrasing I have ever heard from a professional musician. Add that to a bunch of gimmicks and messy arrangements and we got the personification of everything i hate about the jazz genre as it is today.

my new favorite

Agree

Have you seen much of him? He can improvise reharmonization through rapidly modulating changes. He studied with Herbie Hancock. He's definitely technically on the level of a good current jazz musician

Who is the Chad Talent?

Could you make one of these with the virgin Grimes vs the chad Andrew Vanwyngarden?
pretty please

NYPA Make it yourself fag jejejeje

I don't know for sure how true the "suffering = good art/artist" idea is, but I can't help but feeling like he lacks a kind of intensity or purpose that comes from having difficult experiences and a deeper understanding of the fact of darkness in the world. His music is like some kind of monochromatic paste of "I guess that sounds nice".

Part of it probably is that he's young, and devoting all your time to learning theory and technique, means you don't have time to devote to developing your taste and having experiences outside of music that build character and understanding of the world and yourself. Maybe as he gets older he'll get better.

Please?

The closest thing I can immediately think to his music is the music described by Aldous Huxley in Brave New World.

that's a bingo

Kurt Cobain, Ariel Pink

pretty please?

not bad

Me.

Soundcloud?

It's solid 8/10 even on a bad day. Why are you complaining lads?

my though
totally over-produced instrumentation, but he must think he has a special voice and didn't make an effort to manage it

Sure, everything's mostly demos atm though
soundcloud.com/dominicbennett

>Soundcloud
>chad talent
chad talent only has bootlegs of his live performance on the internet

maybe if the "8" is a turd and the "10" is a gaped asshole beside a spindly bent soyboy leg

lel he asked for it man

it's soylid 8/10

Underrated.

>"he can't go two bars without pressing all the keys."
Where can I read his articles?

How has nobody commented on that stupid fucking hat?

that's pretty damn impressive.
Also is that a fret-less acoustic bass ? wtf is that instrument?

Its amazing how little I give a shit even though he's managed to employ just about every musical device in the book. Its just so devoid of any genuine humanity. This guy is probably a trustfund stoner.

based bassman

brand of bass is called zon.

I dunno this is dull too. Sounds like background music to some 80s crime thriller series.

>acoustic bass
Are you blind?

zon hyperbass

>background music to some 80s crime thriller series
good stuff.

It's funny how something so dense with different instruments and vocals and other such garbage could be so incredibly nondescript. I wouldn't even know how to describe this song, and that's not a good thing.

I'm not a musician, what the hell is he talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=E3vYVGMgZYY

>how to describe this song
'bland'

Circle of fifths.

blase

what he's saying is pretty dumb actually

Usually I'd criticise "bland" for being nondescript and not specific enough, but it really does fit this song. It's everything and absolutely fucking nothing at the same time.

I'll see if i can dig it up, it's in norwegian though

Jacob "How to amaze normies" Collier.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnBr070vcNE
LMFAO the guy doing the interview is one of his irl friends or something what a fucking self absorbed cock, has his friends interview him so he can look smart on youtube by just quoting 2nd year music theory

ahhhh fuck the singing is so bad. it was actually ok before that.

You don't suppose the friend was the one with the idea?

couldn't be more insufferable if he tried

>falling for the prodigy meme
all the wunderkind painters I've seen were technically apt but did what might as well could be mormon church decorations