Happening NOW

holycouncil.org/live-stream

Important to all orthodox.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/17/enough-is-enough-pope-francis-should-resign.html
youtube.com/watch?v=I9vD--52d6s
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please mention us and declare Francis an heretic.

Thanks Romania bro

Can this be considered a second schism of the Orthodox church? The power struggle between Rome and Constantinople created the Catholic Church. Is this any different from today's competition between Constantinople and Mosque?

I'm also not sure why Antioch isn't participating. Do they belong in the Russian bloc somehow, or do they phrase a different disagreement for the whole thing?

Relax a bit, friend.

I am relaxed, I just want Orthodox-chan to notice me!

foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/17/enough-is-enough-pope-francis-should-resign.html

>I'm also not sure why Antioch
From what I've understood they're basicly faggots?

Noice

I thought Russia wouldn't attend if all churches were not present ??

Romanian Orthodox Chant-We magnify Thee
youtube.com/watch?v=I9vD--52d6s

I wish the stream would turn down the original speaker so the translator will be heard better. And equalize the audio.

lad put in earphones and only listen to the English side

Patriarch of Antioch is in a dispute with the Patriarch of Jerusalem over territory, essentially.

That's one way to listen. Thanks.

Communism BTFO

>Orthodoxy
>Not heretical

Do you prefer Lutherans?

Shouldn't you be kissing refugee feet right now?

How 2 Audio

Now to figure out how to share the audio on the right side equally on the left side.

Screw you, the washing of feet is a tradition.

Yes, but you're washing the feet of heathens who would easily want to kill you and are """"poor"""".

>Lutherans
>Not heretical

Shouldn't you be blessing cars and inanimate objects right now ?

I wonder if use of Hagia Sofia during the Ramadan will get a mention.

>He doesn't bless his weapons of war

Do you people ever go to war with God at your side?

It's forbidden but islam represents 55% of the french army though

>islam represents 55% of the french army though
Ouch.

If that's true... wow, I feel sorry for you.

I think it's a huge mistake that some Churches are not participating here. Why couldn't they just join and listen? It's not like they're forced to agree.

Ukrainians will do a second Brześć.

"Με cool mind"
AHAHAHAHA

Is there a stream in Russian?
Also bump

>localism is heresy

Albo archbishop was pretty based

please help I can't stand the russian and then delayed english

Not to mention that they guys speaking in their local languages are like 3x louder than the translators.

Maybe there is a Russian news station who is streaming the council. I have no idea where to begin as I don't know Russian.

Didn't work for me, guess my earphones are shit or something
I'll just watch it later in rusky

Have you tried this? It's for a Windows operating system. I haven't figured out how to isolate the right audio and equalize it to the left without hearing the right audio. So you're pretty much only using the right earbud in your ears.

stream not active.

Is it my screwy setup or is it down?

I'm not getting anything.

Nah man I can't be bothered right now, I need to go out in a bit anyway. I'll google it in russian when it's done and watch it this evening probably.
Thank you for the help though

It finished ten minutes ago. Will start again in about two hours (at :30).

Greekbro, can you summarize? I wasn't able to watch it all.

Thanks.

Bumping so it doesn't get lost. Reconvene in /his/ I suppose if necessary.

who was not in attendance?

anything other than orthodoxy or catholicism is pure heresy

It was mainly formalities, but if there's one thing they stressed in particular, it's the importance of union among the Orthodox churches. They didn't quite address the reasons why Russia isn't there, but they said they'll consider their criticisms and examine their suggestions for potential modifications in whatever decisions are taken in the council.

They also (essentially) apologised for taking over 50 years to have the ecumenical council and asked that direct comparisons aren't made with either councils / organisational structures of western denominations, or the historical councils of the Church (the last of which happened over 1000 years ago). They said circumstances today are difference (there's no Emperor, for instance) and problems are different as well, so all of these things need to be taken into account.

Finally, they congratulated the younger churches of Poland and Czechia/Slovakia and offered additional support if need be.

It's kind of surreal. A cautious modernisation of the Orthodox Church is needed. I wonder what kind of decisions will be passed forward, especially in regards to the uncontrollable diaspora going on.

Russia, Georgia, Bulgaria and Antioch.

i hope that russians will declare the first anti-cuck church and declare everyone else a heretic

>younger churches of Poland and Czechia/Slovakia and offered additional support if need be
What is their actual status among other Orthodox? Which Patriarchate do they fall under?

don't we kinda already do that?

>modernisation
No

greek orthodox church is pretty cucked,they always call for more refuges

That seems to just be you guys though, also pay denbts and help reclaim cyprus.

Please don't change Orthodoxfags

we need you to stay true now that Catholicism have gone full cuck

i know the other orthodox churches are not so cucked

I really hope they don't pull some leftist reform of the church.

So why is it just you greeks then? I dont see the others doing it? Naive altruism, or corruption, etc.?

I wouldn't worry, the slav Churches will keep that from happening

They are autocephalous. Both were founded by Cyril and Methodius. Polish one gained independence in 1924 (initially opposed by Russia) and Czech/Slovak one in 1951 (initially opposed by Constantinople).

we are a mix of western and eastern europe,we are trying hard to follow the western cuckery

I swear, if these faggots pull a Vatican II, I'll join the old calendarists.

Go Armenian Apostolic or Coptic if they do

Monophysite heretics.

This: , and also the fact that we're the ones actually facing the issue. It's hard to say how other churches would respond.

I wouldn't say the Greek Orthodox church was as proactive about immigration as the Catholic one, merely trying to handle the war refugee issue, but it's true that both Bartolomew and Ieronymos are uncharismatic and passive all-around. Christodoulos was definitely better.

Can anyone summarize what has happened thus far?

Reminder that this council is basically nothing and the folks screaming Vatican II have no idea what they're talking about. D&C shills fuck off.