Mr. Plinkett Responds to Comments on his Video Commenting on Disney's Star Wars Rogue One

He's onto you. Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI&t=10m57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hurr you can't make movies without explaining everything

Jesus someone shoot this fag, I couldn't even finish.

Holy SHIT is Mike butthurt.

I stopped watching the HitB when Jay said Daisy was charismatic. I'm clearly not going to agree with their assessment so I didn't see the point in continuing.

>TFA comes out
>it's shit, 100% garbage characters and dialogue, plot is terrible, doesn't even feel like star wars but rather a JJ Abrams capeshit film
>"I loved it, it was everything I wanted it to be."

>Rogue One comes out
>it's pretty good, characters are okay but underdeveloped, dialogue has much less quips, feels like a real star wars film
>"AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs"
>does TWO plinkette videos just to strawman even further

What did Reddit Letter Media mean by this?

This damage control... guys stop...

He's right you know. Rogue One was complete fanservice trash while TFA actually added to the franchise.

>Rogue One action scene sucks because the characters were too powerful and the Stormtroopers are useless
>Meanwhile praising ANH scene where the characters are so powerful they can quip mid fight and the Stormtroopers are useless

What did he mean by this?

lol

They've never responded to feedback on any videos like this before... why now? Did their Patreon take a hit or something?

I feel TFA added enough to start a new line of sequels but the film copied too much from ANH that people should just watch a 30 cut to prepare for future films.

>another round of Sup Forums fatties getting mad

Nice, I'm just in time

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI&t=10m57s
>Literally arguing TFA was good because it made a lot of money

Holy fucking shit, is Mike desperate or what?

Also:

>I can describe the TFA characters in one line (even though a lot of their actions contradict my explanation) so it's fine!

>They've never responded to feedback on any videos like this before
Boyhood

Star wars is their bread and butter. They will only get more noteriety even if its just people watching the videos so they can argue in the comments.

He shits on Transformers all the time despite it making tons of cash

>Boba Fette

This was a bad move on his part

This

Getting directly involved and responding to the community was never RLM's thing. Clearly Mike is getting asspained over being blatantly hypocritical and not admitting to it, hence this video

He shouldn't have to explain himself to drooling day release SWtards but something obviously struck a nerve along the way

Has RLM ever been so wrong about a movie as Rogue One?

The entire Half in the Bag for it was them complaining about other people in the theater enjoying it

>ANOTHER apologetic passively aggressive video on R1
Ahahahah holy shit how mad is Mike

I wrote a mean comment I hope someone responds to it so it gets attention.

This is painful. Why are they even doing this?

If they just moved on, people who hated them for this would forget about it anyway by the time the next HitB came around.

Maybe the backlash was heavier than usual but I liked Rogue One and I still didn't mind their critique of it.

This is Stuckmann levels of asspain.

>When somebody said that Force Awakens was a bad movie he switched to a image of how much money the movie made

Mike, please, even you said that box office doesn't matter in terms of the quality of the movie whenever you mention Transformers

>TFA actually added to the franchise.

>This is painful. Why are they even doing this?

they're critics who can't handle criticism

who cares star wars fucking sucks

This is what you get for failing to appreciate the kinography of Gareth "God" Edwards

>People still disagree with Mike here

Rogue One was fucking trash.

But what about his other point, reddit?

All R1 adds is an embarrassingly far-fetched fanfiction reason (that we never needed to have anyway) for the Death Star's weakness.

It was, but I agree that some of his arguments are garbage as to why it was trash. It more so had to do with the characters and pacing. Not because "it doesn't make sense as a stand alone movie"

I'm so sorry George, please come back

I agree with his other point Sup Forums. Hence why I didn't quote it. However anyone that think TFA was "The game changer" is delusional

>strawman

Is more about

1) half of his points make no sense
2) double standard with TFA
3) (new) box office? AHAHAHAHAHAH

>Star Wars HAS to have """adventure""" and """quirky"""" characters to work.
This guy is obviously blinded by his nostalgia.

Why didn't they do a skit for TFA?
>MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON
>HAN AND CHEWIE HAN AND CHEWIE HAN AND CHEWIE HAN AND CHEWIE HAN AND CHEWIE HAN AND CHEWIE
>R2 AND C3PO SHOWED UP AND I CLAAAPPED
Whats funny is that TFA had all the excuses to do away with old shit while R1 was basically obliged to follow the suit

>Whats funny is that TFA had all the excuses to do away with old shit while R1 was basically obliged to follow the suit
exactly this.

It's pretty obvious when he starts cherry picking comments that have spelling mistakes and reading them literally, as if he doesn't understand what the commented is trying to say, such as saying "allot" instead of the obvious "a lot".

This is the first time they actually interact with their audience. Something struck Mike's nerve

Because real world context.

The Force Awakens was going to be the safest movie ever. It literally had to reel in the fanbase after Lucas alienated nearly everyone.

TFA gets the pass because of that, which most of you fucking ignore.

Rogue One is the film after, when you've got everyone reeled back in and it's just as safe as TFA.

So Rogue One ends up being more of the same.

If the roles were reversed and Rogue One came out first, then TFA would be getting more flack but Rogue One didn't come out first.

The movie that REALLY needs to be judged harshly if it follows the same level of pandering as TFA and Rogue One is Episode 8. That's the one that has no excuse, real world or in universe.

>TFA gets the pass because of that
No it doesn't.
>which most of you fucking ignore.
Because it's stupid.

This.

There's gonna be at least one more video of him bitching at their fans

I've only ever seen a few episodes of Voyager and touched myself to Seven... I think, I should finally watch it. I have your post to thank for this inspiration, stay based.

Force Awakens is way better. Deal with it. R1 is nothing but senseless fanservice.

There is NO universe where TFA wouldn't have been the safest movie possible after Disney paid that much money for it.

You're literally crying that the sky isn't green or that gravity holds you done.

TFA had no chance at being unique. Rogue One did and it failed. Episode 8 deserves to be scorned even harder than either if it doesn't try and be unique. You have to face reality.

Kek fucking this, such hypocrites

The R1 fanbase is like some weird fucking cult

>the movie was pandering shit because they wanted to make $$$

Jeez nice defence you got there

Neither was great. But I at least had fun watching R1. I just felt confused and disappointed after TFA.

>he actually argues TFA was good because it made a lot of money

You really need to lay off the internet and talk to some normal people. They just like the film, nothing more, nothing less.

And the prequels is better than both of them. Old Mike has lost his touch I'm afraid. All the booze has destroyed his judgement.

>make a movie completely about the build up to ANH
>complain because it features recognisable Star Wars shit

Yeah nah

phantom menace wasn't safe, it wasn't just a remake of ANH
it's not a perfect movie but by RLM standards it was good because it was profitable

They've done a few things on HitB/BotW but this is a first for the Plinkett videos..
Shouldn't Mike be fucking drunk as shit especially today? He really is a workaholic

You need to stop being so defensive, fanboy. If I were referring to normal people I wouldn't have said fanbase. I'm talking about you weirdos.

>Mfw all you retards are getting butthurt cause you're blind fanbois

Mike drinks all the time while watching and reviewing movies. You can tell in HitB when he's loaded.

TFA was pandering shit but it had zero chance at not being pandering shit.

Rogue One is also pandering shit but as a spinoff it had the slightest chance at trying to be more than pandering shit and failed.

A New Hope does not NEED build up. That's the point. R1 adds nothing to ANH that really matters or makes it a better film. It's just fan service.

That's because George was making Phantom Menace and George is actually an artist, if an incompetent one without direction. Thus he wanted to try something unique.

TFA and R1 are made by soulless business men trying to make cash who would sell their own employees once they can't work anymore to be ground into meat for Disney Land restaurants if they could

Well I mean... it's Milwaukee, it's the time of year where you literally just sit and drink. But, pumping out these videos when it was Years between them at this time of the year when he should be celebrating with family and friends he chooses to work through it and respond to idiots on youtube? fuck me, his ego is insane now.
I half-expected Mike to show how much RLM's patreon page to show that people give a fuck about his opinion enough to pay him for it.

>And the prequels is better than both of them

No. The only thing the prequels did better was being more """"original""""".

Where do you see defensiveness in any of that post? Get a grip.

You jumping in with the internet argument. Let go of the Vader dakimakura before you start replying to someone's post.

Can someone be so kind and point all the pandering shit to me in rogue one? I would like to judge it for myself

F

Guys guys please... all of Star Wars is shit. Literally every aspect of the entire franchise is garbage.

>2016: RLM ignores the fans
>2017: RLM attacks the fans

What will you do in 2018?

Mike is totally wrong in this case.

It's fucking retarded the points he makes. "hurr durr if you didn't know ANYTHING coming into this movie you'd wonder what the force and Vader is".

Sorry but Star Wars is a huge part of pop culture, did we really need 5 minutes explaining the force and and the backstory again? We all know it

>2018: The fans become RLM

I'm sure one of us will con their way into working with them and eventually being hired into their company.

maybe one of them will have an accident...

What the actual fuck is wrong with the people who think The Force Awakens sucked but Rogue One was great? Rogue One was fucking horrible. Mary Sue feminist progressive pandering nonsense, terrible writing and characters with the emotion of rocks, shit story, shit writing, shit fanservice scenes.

The Force Awakens was equally terrible for all the same reasons.

Both movies are steaming piles of hot garbage. The only "true" Star Wars films are the OT and maybe the Prequels with some elements taken out.

And by the way, the Prequels are better than the new Disney bullshit. I'd watch The Phantom Menace a thousand times rather than five seconds of TFA or RO.

This is an argument of an insulting inanity.

>Murdering Jay
>So Rich how did you like this movie?

It will be so

>Mary Sue

So are we just using that phrase to describe any female character now?

She's not a fucking Mary Sue

Never said that, stop posting your knee-jerk reactions.
>it's shit garbage trash
Apt analysis, dear. You should review film for a living.

Are you fishing for (you)s?

>Murdering Jay
If I was playing MFK, I'd definitely kill Rich over Jay. That fat fuck has had all the time in the world to lose weight after SC and he still hasn't married his fiancee or had any kids.
Jay can offer up dat boipucci like no one else but I ain't calling him Susan, would marry him because he seems the most comfortable with who he is and takes care of himself now.
I'd give Mike the goofballs.

The death spiral of Reddit Letter Media is finally happening.

I don't know what the fuck you just said but I like the way you said it.

These people defending Rogue One aren't from here, they're doing the exact same shit on /r/movies.

>I'd give Mike the goofballs

They are both fanservice trash.

TFA is just a tad bit less trash.

>R1 is shit ecause Jyn is hollow
acceptable criticism
>R1 is shit because Jyn is a Mary Sue
You have no idea of what you are talking about.

>Has RLM ever been so wrong about a movie as Rogue One?
I found their criticisms of Rogue One spot on, the movie is kind of pointless, all things considered. You need to understand the difference between fact and opinion.

>doesn't even feel like star wars

what does this even means

I like that Mike is starting to catch on there are two ways to increase your youtube revenue:

1) pick fights with your audience
2) fake a breakdown

he's chosen route 1 for now, but don't be surprised if you hear rumors about him "breaking down" soon

$$$

TFA is generic trash and Rogue One is boring trash

ill take generic over boring

The thing about sequels needing to explain things is still bullshit.

Is it maybe smart to re-explain things from a marketing perspective? Sure, But the viewer should expect to be left confused if they jump into a story part-way.

I bet it will be some passive aggressive remark in one of their other videos.

Only if there is a pay off, otherwise its a two edged sword that might loose more revenue

>66
All according to Sheev's design.

Rogue One was a deconstruction of fanservice, you absolute fucking retards.

That's nostalgia talking. Perhaps you finally realize why people dislike the prequels so much now. Don't even try to pretend Phantom Menace had a better story, characters, villain, action, etc, than Force Awakens to any degree. The only reason you're giving the prequels a pass is because you are so familiar with the cheesiness of them.

Don't forget pumping out shorter lower quality content.

>lets make a sequel to a movie! Wow it coincidentally has things from other movies

>wow lets make a completely new entry in the Star Wars universe! It can be from any time or any place and our imagination is the absolute limit! Eh lets just make it take place 2 seconds before another Star Wars movie

(you)

This is a retarded video because Mike probably got butthurt reading the comments.

And cherrypicking bullshit comments and pointing out their grammatical errors doesn't change people's opinions.

What was it he said

>It's great to show contempt for your audience

But it's mainly redditors defending this piece of dogshit, and with some really weak arguments.

How the fuck is Jyn a Mary Sue.

I'm sure you'll call me an SJW for pointing this out, but you wouldn't be saying that if it was a male character.

Learn what a fucking Mary Sue is before spouting it as a buzzword. A Mary Sue isn't just any female character who isn't "damsel in distress"

You don't quite understand what deconstruction means, and neither did the screenwriter, apparently.

Most importantly (certainly more than a guy that sounds retarded spelling out things to actual retards) is picrelated guy sounds -exactly- like fucking Jim Carrey.