WB/DC/ insider here

WB/DC/ insider here.

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L-sZzYX4Jl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When will the JL trailer drop?

How fucked is the DCEU right now? Whats it like over at Warner HQ? Is Ben Affleck really thinking about not going to direct the batman?

Are the rumors about Leto's penis true

is snyder a big guy?

why dont you get a job you can be proud of?

How does it feel to know that you will be unemployed in a year tops?

What will Wonder Woman's RT score be?

How does the studio feel about the new Wondy movie?

How is the Wonder Woman movie?
In terms of tone and atmosphere, do the executives have plans to change the way the universe is going or do the plan to stick with it?

March, with Kong: Skull Island.

>How fucked is the DCEU right now?
Creatively it hasn't changed much despite the "complete retool" that Geoff Johns promised, and the box office earnings have been solid, so it's going strong in that regard.

>Whats it like over at Warner HQ?
It's a rather compartmentalized environment. The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise (they thought they had a new The Dark Knight on their hands) and the disappointing box office performance got them sweating, but Suicide Squad was a smash hit reassured them they struck a solid formula. Money is where the concerns are at, critical reception is a distant second.

>Is Ben Affleck really thinking about not going to direct the batman?
Nah, he's playing it up. It's a PR move laid out by WB themselves.

Wouldn't know, never met the guy.

He's pretty short, but is buff.

>but Suicide Squad was a smash hit reassured them they struck a solid formula

>struck a solid formula

is that code for 'copy marvel'?

March?
I thought it premieres on the 15th.

Eh... I'm betting on the 52%-64% average.

They're confident it'll be succesful given Wonder Woman is the biggest female superhero there is and BvS earned her some goodwill.

I haven't anything of it myself, aside from the trailer, but friends who have said it's just serviceable. It's not awful, but it's not particularly good either, just alright and kinda' boring.

They're definitely demanding more humor, given how BvS was criticized for being too grim and Suicide Squad, which had quite a few jokes, was a box office hit. But Zack is still one of the driving forces of the DCEU and the executives are really enamored by his vision of the DCEU being more "mythic" and "operatic" than other superhero universes.

Is batman going to have a sidekick or assistant like oracle in the batman film?

do you actually do screen tests?? there was some obvious clunky stupid shit that should have been reshot in BvS and SS

>Nah, he's playing it up. It's a PR move laid out by WB themselves

Care to expand more? It doesn't make sense it just gets people more concerned and worried about the DCEU. seems like a silly thing to do

Yes, Oracle will appear.

It varies from director to director, but rehearsals and table reads are common, yes.

WB knows BvS wasn't well-received and has instructed Affleck to reinforce how he's only doing The Batman if the script is genuinely great. They know Affleck won't jump ship, and believe that when he does get the ball rolling, people will be reassured the project is in top notch state.

It is kinda' silly, but that's PR for you. Jared Leto's method acting antics were also widely exaggerated by them.

What's the solid formula anyway?
Botch the movie, put a lot of popular music, and make it look like a trailer?

Are they planning to acknowledge the dead Robin plot?

Whats happening with the flash has it been delayed? have they got a new director in yet? Did WB ever consider getting Grant Gustin for the role?

youtu.be/L-sZzYX4Jl4

Tell Zack we love his films.

>It varies from director to director, but rehearsals and table reads are common, yes.

no im taking about showing screening to fans who know there shit ... or even a general audience.
The cinema had a large part of the audience groan when Wonderbra showed up and laugh through the whole doomsday fight

will Green Arrow be in the movies?

Anyone on the wb looking for a weed dealer?

trips = truth

it must be getting bad

Basically "team movies with an aesthetic/soundtrack appealing to international young audiences and focus on humor and action".

Yes.

Yes, it's been delayed. They haven't found a new director yet, though they're selecting potential candidates for their poll of in-house filmmakers.

No, Gustin was never truly considered for the role. WB's brass is dismissive of the CW TV shows and would never add them to the DCEU. Oddly enough, both Rick Famuyiwa and Seth-Grahame Smith, the two writers/directors previously attached to the project, struggled to broke new ground from the TV show in their pitches.

Test-screenings are common, too. It is what led to Suicide Squad being heavily retooled and reshot.

There are plans, but not in the immediate future.

There's always someone looking for weed in a movie studio.

How are things on the TV side?

More specifically: Flash's current season is a mess while Arrow had a massive resurgence in quality after being near-unwatchable last season, what happened there? Why is Supergirl off in her own universe still and wasn't brought into the DC shows? Do the people making Gotham have any sort of long term plans, either for the show overall or even the season? It literally feels like they make up the story 3 episodes at a time. Lastly, are there any upcoming TV projects set in the world of the movies?

Is dick/nightwing going to be in the batman movie or in the universe in general?

Is Wonder Woman terrible.

Who do I see? Of working then? I got good stuff from dispensary

Who is the dead Robin?

Who are they planning to use from Batman supporting cast?

>Test-screenings are common, too. It is what led to Suicide Squad being heavily retooled and reshot.

lol shoulda kept going .... what the fuck was with climb any wall dude?? really who thought that was a good idea, how did it survive to the screen? do the execs even watch there own films? or do they just have really shitty taste

I don't know much about the TV department, but I have friends who work there and looks like a pretty great place to work it despite the low budget they have to work with. From what I gather, The Flash is the network's biggest show, so there's a bit more pressure to please the executives, the focus groups and etc, while Arrow's ratings dropped so bad the showrunners had more freedom to just do what they had to do to restore some goodwill this season.

Don't know anyone from Gotham. As for TV shows set in the DCEU, not right now. David S. Goyer pitched Krypton as a prequel to Man of Steel, but that idea got shot down pretty quickly and now it is its own thing.

He's not confirmed yet, but there's interest in bringing him in.

Nah, just average.

Jason Todd.

Got an update for Man of Steel 2? title, director, release date, plot anything?

>Nah, just average.
Why is it just average

Is he going to stay dead or they planning to bring him back as Red Hood?

plans for a teen titans movie?

Im sorry if i wasn't clear , the 15th there is a CW special, and they're saying they will debut a DC trailer.
Will it be JL one? That's what everyone is reporting.

I honestly loved the sense of seriousness, operatic and artsy way both Man of Steel and BvS was presented.

Will this be a common trend in upcoming films, or will there be an approach more similar to Suicide Squad?

How's Justice League Dark shaping up - are they still planning to use Del Toro's script? Will it be the traditional British Constantine (maybe even Matt Ryan like the show and animated JLD movie) or the American version Keanu played in 2005?

Since it's in early development, there's still a lot of moving parts. The only confirmed characters are Batman, Alfred, Gordon, plus Barbara since WB has their sights on a Birds of Prey spin-off. Harvey Bullock and Vicki Vale are also often mentioned and I doubt they don't make the cut. There's some interest in Lucius Fox and Leslie Thompkins too, but they could get axed depending on which direction the script veers towards.

He was there to die, basically.

It's happening, that's as far as WB knows so far. They really don't have any plans for it aside from Brainiac maybe being the villain since he's the next most popular Superman villain alongside Lex Luthor.

The story and the performances.

Right now there's no plans for Red Hood, but that could change.

How's Gal Gadot acting in the movie? Will she be hated?

>The story and the performances.

Anyone can see that from the trailer and cast.

op is bullshitting

Is it true they're working on New Gods?

has there been any talk with zimmer to convince him to return to do any music?

Fuck off LARPing faggot

Fuck Toy and fuck your shit posting thread

When is DOOM PATROL coming out you roleplaying faggot

No plans, but there's definitely interest, and they've discussed using The Batman as a springboard to introduce Nightwing so he can headline a Titans movie further down the line.

Not that I know of.

Snyder is keeping his usual visual style for Justice League, and since he's a producer on the remaining movies it's possible he could influence the new director. You can already sense some of those influences in Wonder Woman.

It's in early stages, too. It is the Del Toro pitch, but it has been revised by other writers, and Del Toro himself is no longer really involved in the project. Constantine will definitely be british too. No Matt Ryan, though.

From what I've heard, it's alright. Nothing better or worse than BvS. I doubt she'll be hated.

Darkseid is the main villain of the DCEU, so yes, they're bringing over some of the mythology for sure.

I believe they invited him back for Justice League, but he declined. The studio is pretty satisfied with Junkie XL's material, so.

In the early states of the DCEU did they ever consider bringing Bale back? was it true he was offered a huge amount of money to return but turned it down? Were the nolan movies ever gonna be connected to the current DCEU?

Are they actually moving forward with Cyborg/GL Corps?

Maybe, But I want to believe! I love the DCU. Marvel fags could eat shit. Not you persay but,

HEY marvel shit eaters in this thread, I pirated the hell outta all your shit. And I watched BVS twice in theaters and I will watch the hell out of Justice League. I only paid for Suicide Squad that one time and only because it was DCU, the second viewing was a d'l from a torrent. Didn't bother with the home video either. I love me some BVS though. Rock on.

No plans for that, sorry.

Very early on WB did approach Nolan to oversee the DCEU much like Kevin Feige oversees the Marvel movies and now Geoff Johns and Jon Berg handle the DC movies. Bale was never asked to return, however. There was a proposed Justice League movie from before Man of Steel entered production that would feature John Blake as the new Batman, but that idea died pretty quickly.

Yep.

What music directors are you contemplating? is Zimmer ever going back?

>The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise
i honestly think if WB/DC and Snyder, and now Johns, just made a simple 90-100min superhero story, they'll do astronomically well. all the elements are already in place. keep the mythic and operatic feel, just eliminate all the nonsense that made BvS an overbloated mess. why do people watch Superman movies? for superheroics, not grim n gritty stuff.

Will Deathstroke be the main villain in the Batfleck solo?
Does Lex have a role in JL?

Take that fluffy giddy girly shit and shove it up your ass. I love the dark grittiness.

why aren't wb executives taking a slower approach with their properties? i mean, wouldn't you ultimately make more money by releasing solo films instead of jumping right into something like justice league?

me too

Do you know which Batgirl you're going with yet?

Is there a possibility we start seeing other properties not necessarily in the same universe, like Doc Savage, Pax Americana, Starman?

Zimmer is overrated as fuck.

What happens if WW and JL suck? And do poorly financially. Does WB have a backup plan? or do they not care cause they have the money to do whatever they want?

His music is good, but sometimes it just doesn't fit; his overall themes are great.

any plans for doing an 'aimed at adults' film?
something like deadpool, it made its $$$ if thats all theyre interested in

Why Gal Gadot? Seriously why?

Tell me Warner Brothers have plan to add Eva Green in cast.

What about Sandman? Last I heard Gordon-Levitt had dropped it, and both he and Gaiman thought it would be best as a TV miniseries. Anything going on there?

>The BvS backlash genuinely caught the executives by surprise (they thought they had a new The Dark Knight on their hands)
Probably shouldn't have cut all that footage from the theatrical release then...

Rupert Gregson-Williams is scoring Wonder Woman and Junkie XL is scoring Justice League. The other movies are still too early into production, but it's fair to assume David Ayer will bring Steven Price back for Gotham City Sirens and Affleck has talked with Harry Gregson-Williams to score The Batman alongside Junkie XL.

Yes, he will.

Yes, but a very small one.

They want to catch up with Marvel and they genuinely believe team-up movies are the way to go to upswing their earnings and reach the same level of success as the MCU is enjoying right now.

not op but obviously its a pissing contest between them and marvel ... they dont wanna lose short term even at the expense of long term profits

Does Batman cameo in Wonder Woman?

>'aimed at adults'
>something like deadpool
wow that's literally the stupidest post i've read all week

>Jason Todd
Has it been brought up how much sense it would make if Leto's Joker was Todd?
Is there anyone on the inside arguing to make it a reality?

Why does WB even bother?

I'd pay mad cash to see Doc Savage in a rated R thriller.

Barbara Gordon as Oracle. No plans for Batgirl.

No plans for that right now.

Well, it'll definitely be a low blow (especially Justice League), but I honestly believe they'll only be forced to take a step back and reevaluate their way to do things if Affleck's Batman underperforms either critically or especially financially.

There's been some talks, but nothing extensive. The movies are just too expensive to sacrifice the PG-13 crowd.

Snyder liked her.

Sorry. I've actually heard Marvel has approached her for the next Avengers movie.

Pretty much dead. Not a whole lot of interest from the executives. JGL was the driving force and now he's gone.

Yes.

No. That's just not happening.

Money, of course.

Eva Green in Marvel? Hello darkness my old friend.

>fluffy
>giddy
>girl shit
who said anything about going the opposite direction? Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, and Captain America weren't grim and gritty nor fluffy, giddy, and girly. what i dislike about the direction of BvS is that these are characters primarily made for kids. somewhere along the way, WB/DC figured there's more money to appeal to edgy teens. i guess there's money in that but making Superman a mopey character and Batman a psychotic murderer goes beyond the intentions of what made the comics last for decades. basically what i'm saying is it's possible to make great films without all that grim and gritty nonsense. read All-Star Superman for an example.

Does crittical acclaim matters to execs? Or as long as you can bring financial smash you are free to do whatever you want?

Do you think there actually is a smear campaign fro Disney against DC properties?

Do you know what Snyder's plans are post-Justice League? Like does he have any films planned or is he gonna just produce some of the DCEU films?

What are the long term plans for the joker?

Eva Green as Death? I assumed Cate Blanchett's Hela would play that role.

>oracle will appear

How much screentime will she have? Who's she gonna be played by?

Why does Snyder have a job?

>Deadpool is rated R

says more about you than me lol

Was Antje Traue, before being cast as Faora, ever considered for Wonder Woman?

>Eva Green as Death?
I like it, but I'd rather her be in Deadpool 2/3
(plus Deadpool's r-rated, so she can expose her raw acting talent in her most comfortable environment)

Will Suicide Squad 2 be a thing?

What's going on with Gotham Sirens?

What happens when JL underperforms critically and financially

Eva as Domino? Maybe Siryn.

>NO PROOF
>NO PROOF
>NO PROOF

fuck off faggot

what's the general exec consensus of doing a series of lower budget films with lesser known characters? it's like WB/DC is trying to hit home runs with every swing, or create an album only of hits. that's bound to lead to both creative and viewer burnout.

Rating movies R is a marketing ploy, aimed at teenagers
Thats the audience they're aiming for

Not OP but its already been confirmed in development along side gotham city sirens. I dont know why they arent doing that first then do sirens.

>Rating movies R is a marketing ploy, aimed at teenagers
THATS literally the stupidest post i've read all week