Passengers Thread

First movie to ever make me tear up. Holy fuck. Easily a 9/10.

Anyone else gain more respect for Jennifer Lawerence as an actor? In all roles I seen of her she was stone faced, but bitch can actually act.

Anyone else seen it?

>but bitch can actually act.

I really like the part where you see her butthole

Liked it a lot.

But I think the real hero is the Ship itself, in that movie. Tat thing's main computer tale a direct hole and still managed to keep up like a champ for several years.

No need, some user posted the entire storyline the other day and saved me the money.

What if she had actually killed him with his crowbar? Do you think she would have gone insane after this?

Also, Love Teal'C in that moive.

she had a few good moments, i agree. But generally the movie was still boring and predictable.
i mean who for fucks sake, it's a generational spaceship and pods malfunctions and then obviously the few have to save the rest.. no shit, as if that wasnt obvious.
couldnt have made a more obvious plot

Well, that's missing the best part. The story itself is not bad, but nothing unexpected either. The visuals, on the other hand, are amazing and the whole is well brought together.

I am actually glad they didn't made Jim's action into some sort of twist reveal. It could have been so easy to do so. Instead they went for a more honest approach, giving and showing grounds for his actions.

Not every movie is build on some twist or big reveal.

It was an entertaining flick, nothing more, nothing less. The 20 final minutes of it were so fucking corny I almost had to look away though. The whole DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE AAAGGHH I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU CHRIS PRATT was almost embarrassing. You'd wonder if JLaw being the feminist 'icon' that she is would object to that part of the script, but oh well

I actually thought it would have been better if she hit him and broke him a leg or something.

>the only interesting part of the movie is talking about how good it could've been
bravo

fuck off sony

I have read previous draft and what we got was far better.

yes but there was absolutely nothing surprising in it. It was completely formulaic.
at least put some aliens in it who attacked the ship or idk, it turns out that the colony ship is the only one left because earth sends a transmission that it was destroyed somehow, or that the destination planet is desolate, or idk, a million possibilities.
there is a certain charme to the whole plot playing on the ship and being self contained but it should offer something more. they didnt even have to care for food at all. like, really? the food doesnt at least run out out?
the entire thing was a cakewalk for them until the very end when shit went south. it was too boring for too long

Solid 7/10 made even better by how much the critics shit all over it. Nothing better than having your expectations lowered and then finding out they are full of it.

Why do the shills even bother. We generally hate JLaw

>You'd wonder if JLaw being the feminist 'icon' that she is would object to that part of the script, but oh well
I don't find it Corny. The movie is about the fear to leave alone and stranded for the rest of your life. And parts of her anguish was from facing isolation.

Also, just because someone did something wrong to you doesn't mean you wan them dead.

I love women's buttholes. :)

>at least put some aliens in it who attacked the ship or idk
Now that would have been formulais and coming completly out of the left-field.that wouldn't have been better.

The movie approached concept of loneliness and being faced with fatality. And, even if not original, I think it did a far better job at exploring those aspects than most movie.

alines would have distracted from the plot.

I am actually growing on the concept of action movie who don't have a defined antagonist of protagonist simply having to face the elements and this might be why I liked it.

The by far the most pretentious space movie. You know what will be next? That movie coming out this year about a coming of age story about a faggot, skinny kid born in Mars.

>pretentious
I think people are starting to use this word without knowing what it actually mean any more.

I really don't see what could be called pretentious about it.

But I'm pretty sure we like Chris Pratt. I will go see it for him.

>The movie approached concept of loneliness and being faced with fatality. And, even if not original, I think it did a far better job at exploring those aspects than most movie.

well i guess it's just nitpicking but im talking from the viewpoint of a perfect movie. if you just want a decent sci-fi flick then passengers was quite good.
but if you want to compare this to all-time-great movies like LOTR then it needed more.

>pretentious
Are you really trying to engage in a debate with someone on Sup Forums? Are you fucking kidding me, user?

Shit was PURE ASS yo. Out of the history of this shit THAT (hyperbolic slumber pod) opening.

I want to wake up a woman, 88 years before landing, because I can't get BACK into the pod and.....muh dick.

Big fiasco that makes HIM look like a hero after cheating her out of her potential life to make her fall BACK in love with him.

Pretentious isn't the word.

Arthur is the best.

>and.....muh dick.
1.Not muh dick, but being alone
2. The movie make it 100% clear that what he did was wrong. Not a single time does it try to present his action as justified.
3. What he does is not made to make him look like a hero but as the one that should take on the responsibility of scarifying his live.
4. what redeem him is not him risking his life. What redeem him is actually Jim giving Aurora back a choice. He had taken away a choice out of Aurora and was absolved of his action by giving it back.

From this point, the decision belonged to Aurora.

Anything that attempts to have emotional or any meaning is pretentious

>aurora
eh!

>If the main character is a morally questionable person the movie is now shit

I never understood this line of thinking. This is some sort of LE SIMBA IS LE ASSHOLE Confused Matthew style of thinking.

Well, then everything is pretentious. and if everything is pretentious, then...

How naked does JChris Pratt get in it?

you can almost see his boner floating around in zero G
good shit if you ask me

Why can't he just crawl back in the pod?

The great debate, Chris Pratt:
Beard or no beard?

it needs to be longer tbqh

no beard

Clothes or no clothes?

It's a complex process to be frozen. Once you awake, you need the proper facility and its tools to properly freeze. Can't do it from the ship

There is nothing to debate here, what are you even doing?

>Start licking, boy.
What do?

>My protagonists need to be morally perfect from start to finish
Fuck you. The guy made a mistake and everybody in the movie agrees with that, even himself. Morpheus basically said that what he did was wrong but that he wouldn't know what to do in that situation.

You see the butt and butt things surrounding the butt

He actually tries that but only gets himself locked

Apparently the director didn't know what to do either as Pratt's morality is hardly brought into much question and JL forgives him far too quickly. Condemning someone to death on a starship in isolation is not exactly something you can live with by hashing it out over jogging and makeup sex.

Uh, no? She didn't speak to him for months. It was only when the ship was breaking that they HAD to work together, but she didn't forgive him even then.

It was only when he was about to die that she showed she cared. Because even if she didn't like him, she rather have him then isolation.

And then during the end he was able to give her the choice to go back to sleep, which then she forgave him.

The fuck you talking about forgiving him too easy. It was a very real human reaction.

rly made me think