I go to concerts

>I go to concerts

I only like the summerland featival, 90s or nothin

If you have never been to see a live show then you are not a music fan. It's that simple.

If you claim to like a modern band or artist and have never seen them live then you are not a true fan and merely a hipster.

how can someone be so wrong

>If you claim to like a modern band or artist and have never seen them live then you are not a true fan and merely a hipster.
What if I live in Latvia

So if you don't go to sporting events do you not like sports?

Then you have no right listening to music and should stick to Latvian things.

If you follow a team and do not go to support them then you are not a fan and merely a poseur.

>t. pic of OP

>If you have never been to see a live show then you are not a music fan.
Quite the opposite. Anyone who appreciates music would never listen it live. Classic concerts are exception because the audience there is civilized enough to stay quiet during the performance. You may be fan of the band if you enjoy their concerts but not their music.

Such is life in Latvia

I was lucky enough to see Fleet Foxes at the very start of their careers in a tiny pub in England. It was breathtaking and I have never heard a sound quite like it in a live setting. Better than any album.

I go see local bands because they usually just play at bars and its chill. I've been to several big concerts and they usually feel like a waste of money. There's nowhere comfortable to just hang out, bar is a mile away with $10 beers, everybody is packed together and there's always some dbag stepping on your toes.

Exception is music festivals because you can do whatever you want there. They're a lot of fun, too many wooks though even at non-wook festivals.

All about venues for me, bars and small stage shows are always the best. Large concerts that are outdoor/in arenas always end up being boring shit.
In small settings the artist energy can really be felt

Agreed, its nice to be able to have a beer and hang out with the musicians too. There was a band in my town that started in the bar scene, I started following them around and now they're headlining their first tour and are gaining a nationwide fanbase. Its really cool to sort of be a part of that. I don't live in a very musical area but the scene is starting to take off and its great to see.

He's completely right. Y'all are just too socially awkward to go to a concert, or can't afford it. There's no other excuse for not seeing your favorite band live if they are in your area.

Latvian

it's like $10 to go see a show most of the time it's a fucking fortune to go to sporting events

What if said modern band is no longer together?

>he doesn't go to shows alone

t. social fuckups

Oh look, a social butterfly on Sup Forums. You lost little guy?

Then you wouldn't be going to their shows anymore, would you? What the fuck is this question?

>Paying money to go deaf, have your legs get tired, pretend to enjoy the music when you just want to go home by the halfway point, get stressed out by unnecessary strobe lighting, get vomited on, get shot by ISIS

>pretend to enjoy the music when you just want to go home by the halfway point
goddamn it happens everytime i go to show

Terror attacks are actually a big deterent for me, sadly

You must listen to shit music like rap or punk if there is no draw to see them live. If you were into, you know, good music it would be worth seeing live

If you like a sport and don't play it you are a poseur. Same with music. You aren't a music fan if you don't play and write your own.

Punk is way better live though. People who claim to dislike punk but have never been to a real show are liars

I haven't been to a show recently where the thought of getting gunned down didn't at least cross my mind. Enhances the flavor desu

'good music' is actually shit live because the audience radiates self-consciousness, like pure nasty frigid vibes

Any show I've been to where the artist is critically acclaimed was awful because of the crowd

Go to a limp bizkit concert or something and see, the dumber the music the better the vibe of the show

I love it when people with social anxiety try to pretend that seeing live music is lame in order to make themselves feel better.
It's just so stupid.

It doesn't matter if you have social anxiety because it's too loud to talk to anyone apart from shouting to the barman

>good music is actually shit live because i can't stop thinking about what everyone else but the band is doing

>going to a show to talk to people

What are you doing

I'm saying that guy is saying people hate live shows because of social anxiety when that's not a factor because you don't talk

That's exactly what they want, user

How about you actually make an arguement towards why you think concerts suck instead of posting a Wojack, you braindead retard. Insults aren't arguments.

How can be people this way? Concerts are the best thing ever, no matter if it's chill and everyone listens or people just want to party. I just attended a punk concert last weekend and people were going apeshit and it was fucking fun.
>You may be fan of the band if you enjoy their concerts but not their music.
Never read anything more retarded

Ive seen all these by myself. I dont give a fuck about no one. These betas too scared to go to a concert alone are pathetic:

Soundgarden
Marilyn Manson 2x
Slipknot 2x
Metal Music festival in toronto
Tool
Ghost
Between The Buried & Me

Almost at the end of a sixteen hour trip to see Slowdive, why would you say this

No you don;'t

>Marilyn Manson 2x
>Slipknot 2x
yikes

Fuck you! Was also front row for System of A Down. Pretty finna based.

you don't have to like it necessarily, but at least making the effort to see your favorite band live in your area should be a priority. You get a lot out of it that isn't just the music. A sense of inherent community is priceless

But I'm still a fan. To be a true fan you have to go to their shows but if you can't go to their shows you aren't a true fan. Since they don't do shows anymore you can never be a true fan?

honestly you dont have to go to every concert of a band you like but your post makes me think you never went to a concert.

Punk fans are the worst fucking retards you will ever meet.

this
I really wish i could enjoy concerts but i just can't

>Not wearing concert earplugs

I'd say that this is true for about 40-50% of concerts, but the ones that are good are so good its really worth it.

>pretend to enjoy the music when you just want to go home by the halfway point
THIS
I should start showing up to concerts late

If your legs get tired you are out of shape as fuck.

cringe

fucking this, there is no excuse

I have major social anxiety I've had to work through, basically no friends, virgin etc. but I was still able to see Death Grips with my brother last year and Brockhampton just last night

Cringing at ya height tbch

i saw brockhampton last night and im also seeing shows on Friday and Saturday. concerts are fun and they're a great way to support artists you like.

I have monster legs and shrimp arms from GOMAD+SS propaganda and my legs still hurt especially at 10 hour raves

Dumb wojak poster

Dumb wojak poster

You're a little bitch dude you post 'dumb x poster' just like someone posts a meme because its a meme

Latvia is not burgerland, u not count

underage

wear earplugs retard

>live in the middle of nowhere
>get to travel to the capital to see the foo fighters play every 6 years if you're lucky

I went to the Paramore concert in Dc in September ask me anything

You're a retard

My point is people go to the shows without earplugs anyway and get hearing damage because the artists try and be cool and don't care that they're actually maiming their fans.

It should be banned to crank PAs or at least they should mandate earplugs.

The mental gymnastics contained in this post are insane. You've got the taste of a Sup Forumstard to boot.

Ask me if I care

do you care tho?

>listens to that
>has to go to concerts alone
Wow, what a shock!

>Anyone who appreciates music would never listen it live
>how can someone be so wrong
t. megabeta brainlets
i pity you

>I still go to concerts

I'm 23

posts like those from OP are a result of modern bands avoiding improv entirely and playing songs the exact same way at every show

>pay money to see your favourite band play
>the band expects the audience to sing/clap along
>the audience not having any rythm/audio equipment ruins the concert
literally every single time

>low rep weightlifting = endurance

it's the only way artists survive now

he doesn't give girls the d
gay

this this this
""""le patricians XD"""" are funless faggots

kek

There are plenty of underground shows in NZ dude. Just get out more.
That is if you live in the North Island

>'good music' is actually shit live
>Go to a limp bizkit concert
>t. brainlet who radiates self-conciousness and stands by the bar for duration of show or oldfag
jk but were you in the pit during any of the shows you went to? Genuinely curious. Had this same mindset before I saw Death Grips and was bretty close to front barrier the whole time. Was life-changing desu.

Stop going to shitty concerts for bands you apparently don't want to listen to live? How the fuck is this anyone's problem except yours?

The only people that don't go to concerts are fucking loners that have no one to go with. Get some fucking friends and go see a live show you little fucking bitch

How can you not like live music?

>pretty finna based
what did he mean by this

South Island fag here, we get fuck all

Not loving concerts is literally soytier

I haven't been to a concert since like 2006 or 2007. I miss it. All the bands I'm into have either broken up or the singers died or they're just getting old and sucking now, or maybe it's me who's too old to be listening to teenager music.

It's also fun just to get lost in a crowd of similar-minded people.

Or just go alone? One should never depend on other people on doing things like going to a concert or other fun activites.

Unironically this. Seeing bands live is the highlight of music as a hobby (if you don't play music yourself).
I don't understand the autists who only listen to sterile recordings and call it a day.

>being this arrogant about something nobody gives a fuck about
Way to go, gatekeeping faggot

>If you have never been to see a live show then you are not a music fan. It's that simple.
This is absolutely true.

Having no friends is not an excuse.

I think it depends on the artist, but if an artist delivers good live performances I really do not understand how you can like their recorded music and not their live performances. Got to see LCD Soundsystem play in London last September and it was fucking incredible. It's also great to be in a room of people which all (presumably) share a similar love of the artist as you, everyone having the times of their lives. Very few other things in life are such a shared social experience and it can tap into something really primal.

nobody ever fucking comes to phoenix

>caring about what other people do in their free time
Why are you children so fucking insecure?

Though OP is hopefully baiting and not serious, it's disheartening that so many of you fuckers are chiming in to defend this concept.

How exactly do you think music began? In a vacuum on fucking Sup Forums? Hate to break it to ya, but no, it didn't. Creatures made sounds that create pleasing mental affects for a reason. Those primordial rhythms and chants are IN EVERYONE'S DNA.
To Clarify: this means that you would have to be PRESENT to experience the real affect of the SOUND.

Social media was a mistake.

People started clapping along to NInja singing at last time DIe Antwoord was in SF so he stopped singing to tell them to shut up cause that shit doesn't ever fucking work.

correct

>Making an excellent recording is pointless
frigg off