Fucking hell, the Beatles remasters on spotify are terrible. Everything is hard panned to the left and right...

Fucking hell, the Beatles remasters on spotify are terrible. Everything is hard panned to the left and right. What the fuck. Now I gotta pirate this shit. What are some remasters that are actually better than the originals?

No... thats just the beatles.

>remasters
>panning
are you stupid?

Well, I just read the stereo versions of their shit up to the late sixties were an afterthought. Explains why the stereo versions sound like shit. No, I am not stupid but I'm also not a fucking nerd and don't know all the terms and you Sup Forumstants or whatever the fuck you call yourselves are the cancer of earth, also. Sup Forums here and you faggots suck pee pee, I'm gonna make another Brendan Fraser thread there so fuck you guys

>Sup Forums
>likes beatles

If you don't know the difference between mixing and mastering just fuck right off back to Sup Forums

>what is midside processing

I produce music myself so I know what mixing and mastering are, I just would have never thought that the word remaster would only fucking apply to crushing the literal master of the song and I'm only now understanding that the term "remix" is what includes panning and volume riding and everything else, which is fucking stupid cause that word for normies has a completely different meaning now and it's weird to see a Beatles song with fucking (remix) after it. Completely fucking pointless distinction.

Have you actually listened to the songs? Like almost everything is either hard left or right. It sounds really fucking annoying. There's a reason nobody does it like that anymore. When stereo was new everybody just overdid it. I don't want to know what your mixes sound like if the likes of Magical Mystery Tour is your inspiration. Eat a dick and go jump off a bridge.

obscure manga references, typical from Sup Forums autists

The Mono remasters sound great.

>I produce music myself
>I don't know what a remix is
I'm sure your music is great!

The remasters are based on degraded mixdowns. That's why the Sgt. Pepper's remaster sounds so different, because they used the original mixes.

mono for everything before white album

but the sgt pepper remix is fantastic

>obscure

Stop posting, you are dumb

Why would I need to know what a remix means in the context of old records being re-mixed to modern standards, in order to be able to produce? Think about that for a second

Who cares? The Beatles are fucking shit.

Another meme poster. I bet you can't even use modulation in your music how based Beatles did.

>why would I need to know about music production if I'm going to produce music

Also
>in the context of...
Irrelevant. It's all the same.

>normie thinks surface level shit is "obscure"
>Sup Forums, folks, the culturally aware.

Yeah shit argument but whatever.

Are you 12? Thats how songs were mixed in the 60s. Stereo was brand fucking new and they took advantage of it.

>holy shit i can hear the band over there
>but the drumps are over there
>its like its really in front of me

today everyone wants their channels to be right in the center again like some sort of pseudo-mono shit

On headphones it's a pain in the ass. You probably listen to it on speakers and it will certainly be tolerable then.

Idk how linking megas outside of sharethreads goes over, but someone shared the Beatles in mono a while ago, it has most of their good shit minus abbey road. Just search the archive and download it.

This is the only way to go

That hard panning was a short lived 60's fad wasn't it? Like The End by The Doors. I doubt that it was added in the modern remasters.

>Sup Forums here
>calling others cancer

Why are you even arguing over a Sp*tify version.

Sp*tify is shit, full stop.

Name one (1) song and I'll upload an acceptable version in a couple of hours. Without going full mono.

I mean, he's right though. The stereo Beatles albums that weren't meant to be stereo sound retarded on headphones

It's not the remasters. Actually even the originals of everything up till White Album I believe ends up sounding like that when you put on headphones because the original mixing just comes off that way. Even the early Zeppelin albums come off like this, too for example. It's more a product of its time, similar to how modern day radio pop production brickwalls for the sake of the radio the music will most likely be played through.

This is also why the mono remasters are the best way to listen to pre Abbey Road Beatles. Like, this is George Martin approved and everything. If anything, it's the remasters in this case that are great and the original mix that's fucked up.

im with you on this op, the remastered albums are really shit, i bought my dad one for christmas a few years ago and even tho hes probably not really an audiophile, i felt bad cuz the panning was just fucking atrocious

the SGT PEPPER 2017 version fixes the hard panning and actually makes the blend more modern. go check it out

I recently got a remaster of the White Album on vinyl, 180 gram, all inserts, and it's fantastic. It's meant to really recreate the original release and claims its pressing is straight from the master tapes. Also if you don't have premium, then the audio quality is automatically shittier.