I don't like anime.

no thanks

LEARN FINNISH c(x tee hee

Sry i'm not weaboo

>finished memorizing the hiragana yesterday

i can't into pitch accent

what the actual fuck

Nah thx

Well, if each of them represents a word it's not actually too many (obviously I have no idea how asian languages work).

Some languages have the property of creating words thanks to special elements, In Spanish for example you can put as many times as you want "ta" front a any word and always meant more than the "ta" above and crap like that.

Japanese grammar is extraordinarily difficult. I'm fine with my Mandarin, thanks.
and this

Japanese grammar is logical in its own way. You just often say things in a very different way compared to English.
The word order within a phrase is also very different, which makes live translating a lot more difficult than just having a conversation in Japanese.

I tried and NOPED the fuck out when I saw how many runes I'd have to learn.
I think I went twenty deep and said forget it.

Still enjoy hearing the language tho, especially from a Japanese grill, always makes me diamonds.

I'd like to give German a shot but have no clue how to start.

>Japanese grammar is logical in its own way. You just often say things in a very different way compared to English.
That's what they said about Latin. That's what they said about German.
I just don't think my brain is wired for that stuff. Chinese grammar is ez for my English-speaking brain.

I'm not a weeb thanks

You nips are unable to learn the easiest language in the world and want people to learn your bullshit instead?

Forget it Takeshi.

LEARN BINARY

>That's what they said about Latin. That's what they said about German.
If you can't learn either of those I wonder how you're even learning Mandarin. Chinese grammar may be relatively easy, but you need a lot more exposure to sound natural. The accents are also terrible. I studied a bit of it myself and I can only understand people who speak nicely audible news-reporter 普通話. Southern accents are really hard to make out sometimes.
The amount of slang is also insane, and never mind about memorising a decent amount of 成語.

Really, if you get the same exposure to German or Latin the grammar will come naturally. Japanese is a bit harder though.

I read something that said the Japanese education system discourages teaching English so they go about teaching it to students in the most boring, soul crushing way possible. Like literally the '' you can't learn japanese'' girl, but in English.

Baffling but whatever, japs gonna jap.

>If you can't learn either of those I wonder how you're even learning Mandarin.
Call me an outlier then, lol. I learned Latin for 3 years in high school and learned German for 5 years. I'm conversational in German. I really didn't like learning either language, mainly because of what I perceived as needlessly complex grammar.
>Chinese grammar may be relatively easy, but you need a lot more exposure to sound natural. The accents are also terrible.
>I studied a bit of it myself and I can only understand people who speak nicely audible news-reporter 普通話. Southern accents are really hard to make out sometimes. The amount of slang is also insane, and never mind about memorising a decent amount of 成語.
You're absolutely right on those points. But I'm choosing to slog through that because I actually enjoy learning the language, unlike the other two I went through.

I remember learning Kana just to play Famicom games back in the day. I want to pick it up again, but College and work...

Why? moonrunes seems pointless outside of anime and vidya, besides i already know 3 languages which is more than enough for me.

Unironcally beautiful

no

Was Latin or German grammar harder, or were both the same?

Also, why haven't you introduced la, li, lu, le, lo into your retarded alphabet yet, instead of cripling every child with inablity to pronounce the basic constant by not properly introducting it to them until fucking grade school, when their accent and pronounciation has already settled years before.

Given how difficult it is for 'western" people to learn Japanese, it's not suprising that it's also difficult the other way around.
But come on man, objectively speaking english is WAY easier than japanese, latin alphabet has 23 fucking characters, and meanwhile japanese uses three alphabets where one of them has over 2000 thousand characters, which then can connect into compound words, have different reading depending on where they're used etc.
Lets be fucking reasonable here, while english might be retarded in terms of its irregular pronounciation, it's still EASY to learn, with all the media you have access to on the internet it probably couldn't be any easier.

Native japanese english teachers have a hard time teaching properly because they never used it in a practical fashion and still think that all conversations go like
>hey, how are you
>good, how about you
>?????

The whole system is just fucking flawed, from teachers to textbooks, and I feel likestudying with a native english teacher for a week would be more beneficial to their skills than their whole fucking education in school. Sad.

wait how many kanji is there? out of 2136

>why haven't you introduced la, li, lu, le, lo into your retarded alphabet yet
We haven't introduced tones into our alphabet yet, even though Mandarin is becoming more and more relevant to learn.
>objectively speaking english is WAY easier than japanese
Even slav languages have a lot of words in common with English, especially complicated terms. Japanese have to learn many more completely different words to be conversational, and the grammar is really different.
Instead of characters, English has retarded spelling like "colonel", or basically everything in this poem:
hep.wisc.edu/~jnb/charivarius.html

It's really not as easy as you might think, the Japanese education system is quite good.

I'd say Latin grammar is harder.

We don't use Mandarin loanwords in english so tones aren't in any way relevant to a language that doesn't use them, while in japanese they they forcibly replace every l with r instead of just introducting it into Katakana. Speaking of which there are english-like loanwords in Japanese, alot of them actually. that's what Katakana is for, so don't give me that they have their own terms for everything, because it's not true. Most of the words that were introduced into japanese after the 19th century are japanizations of words from other languages. コンピュータ (konpyuuta) for example. See how stupid that spelling is? Instead of making it sound closer to the original and introducing proper sounds their syllabary doesn't have, they force their limited sounds onto everything, which then bites back when they're trying to properly study english at the age of 16.

I never said that their education system was bad. Just the english learning part, it's flawed into oblivion. And while I'm sure learning english is not as easy for them, it's neither as hard as they probably imagine it to be.

English pronunciation and spelling of loanwords is nonsensical as well. Why do you expect japs to be different?

this Anglos say ''kernel'' yet spell the french loanword ''colonel''. All languages have these issues with loanwords, why single out the Japanese?

The amount of English loanwords is not by far as large as the amount of similar words in European languages, you completely missed my point.
A lot of the meanings of English loanwords have changed as well, and often they are used in only a particular situation and are unfit for other situations you would use them for in English.
You would know how much vocab is different if you actually studied the language seriously.

And do you really think people in your country pronounce English loanwords adopted in the 20th century like people do who speak English natively? Usually only the recent computer related terms are pronounced even remotely correctly, and English is really common in our daily life, unlike in Japanese peoples' daily lives.

Loanwords from other languages are a complete joke. How many people do you think pronounce "mojito" correctly?

That could be said about the entirety of english language where pronounciation differs on word by word basis anyway.
What I meant to say was that I don't mind how Japanese pronounce loanwords when speaking the Japanese language, but rather the sheer lack of sounds in their syllabaries makes it so that they have issues with learning other languages, where as in english given how many different pronounciations there are, problems aren't as big when an english speaker tries to speak another language.

>English is really common in our daily life, unlike in Japanese peoples' daily lives.
And why is that you think? English isn't common in Japanese people's lives because they desperately try to isolate themselves from it, maybe except when they're trying to make their popculture look or sound exotic. How are we different than them in terms of needing to know english in the current age? Hell looking at the fact that they're one of the most popular coutries in the world tourism wise, I'd say it's even more relevant for them than for us. And yet they stray from it as if it was the most impossible thing to swallow ever.

What benefits i can get from learning japanese?

Manga and old games. Anime doesn't matter that much because everything gets translated nowadays. But a lot of manga doesn't get scanlated, and a lot of good games Pre-7th generation don't have translations and most likely never will.

If you mean financially and productively, then, I guess if you plan on working in Japan? And some jobs, like working at Nintendo, requires everyone to be bilingual in Japanese and English. That's not the case with its Japanese branch, funnily enough.

i want to live in greenland

Did I translate this into Japanese correctly:
やつらは私が君の愛を見つけるのは欲しくない:
They don't want to see me find your love.

>They don't want to see me find your love.
What do you even mean with this?

are those actual words, or is it contrived shit "preantiredecreatificationified"

ぼくの日本語はわるいです。

Lyrics from a song. Maybe this translation attempt will shed light:
他の女性たちは私が君の愛を見つけるのは欲しくない

those are the jouyou kanji, "every-day use kanji". Those are the 2000 kanji you /need/ to know to be considered the most basic of literate.

Nearly every kanji has at least 2 ways to pronounce them. Many have 3 or 4. Some have up to 10. A good part of the time there's no way to tell what pronunciation to use unless you already know the word. That's not even the beginning of it, either. They're why japanese is considered so difficult to learn.

μάθε ελληνιkά

So it's that other girls don't want the person singing the song to find this one girl's love. "to see" in this phrase is used figuratively (they just want him not to obtain her love, they don't just want to not watch him do so), so you can imagine that it doesn't carry over in translation.

Correct would seem:
あの女性たちは私が君の愛を得ないで欲しい。
It still seems a bit unnatural, but remains a bit close to the original English phrase.

Follow the Twitters of JAV girls.

Learn to fear the snake of doom.

too busy learning klingon ATM

I see. Thanks.

Herp derp, that's like comparing a language that only has "up" and "down" as directions with English, where over 9000 verbs are a combination of word+up or word+down.

That's a meme, even different Japanese dialects will have "wrong" pitch accents and people understand themselves there. You don't need to sound native to be fluent.

はい、父親〜

conjugation
all of them have different purpose/meaning
as koiranasiko means "as your dog"? when for example koiraksennekaanko means something like "not even as your dog?"

fun fact: ko ending is a question marker

Finns truly are ubermenschen

日本語を勉強してるけどけど、俺の日本語はまだめちゃめちゃくちゃ
( ̄△ ̄;)

thanks brother

It's nice to see those 2 nations getting along after what happened

past is past
now we concentrate on future together...

そうですこ?

>hiragana
You're like a baby.
Wait until you get to kanji.

hai

(shark)

しないよ。すでにやめたです

でも、欲望がある

kys