Why do MMA fighters get owned by boxers in MMA, boxing and street fights?

Why do MMA fighters get owned by boxers in MMA, boxing and street fights?

youtube.com/watch?v=7OrDufcwoqg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DahOLe5z3Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=z0qkY4oKmRg
youtube.com/watch?v=jJUw7OXXGwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Op's vid unrelated.

video related.

boxer vs mma fighter in street fight

bump

They don't. Generally a skilled MMA fighter will beat a boxer in a street fight.

However in a street fight it is generally better to be a boxer. In the streets the most important things to do are

#1 take people down fast
#2 be mobile

MMA fighters are taught to grapple a fair amount which is bad for both as it makes you semi-stationary and doesn't offer the quick KO. A boxer will tend to do better on the streets (where most people are untrained) cause they can get quick KOs and move on.

In a 1 on 1 high level fight it is better to know a good deal about all fighting styles.

Combat sports are for bottom tier dogshit people and all of you should find productive hobbies before you end up getting arrested at bar close trying to pick fights with bouncers

>Generally a skilled MMA fighter will beat a boxer in a street fight.
You have stats on that, I assume? You wouldn't make this shit up, right?

nope just logic. Of course skill level matters but equally skilled it is better to not have just 1 thing to rely on.

I agree because of the choking, the kicks, the knees, the wrestling, the ground-and-pound, and whatnot.

And without any of those weapons, Conor gave a pillow puncher his first TKO in years.

Ray Mercer lost to Kimbo Slice(total bum) when he fought in MMA youtube.com/watch?v=DahOLe5z3Ek

The 50 million streetfights on worldstarhiphop/liveleak where the guy who takes it to the ground with control, wins every single time?

youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s .

Street fights very rarely go to the ground you autist. Boxing training is the most valuable weapon you can have in a street fight not wrestling or jiu jitsu

The fact that you think this shows how autistic MMA fans really are because it shows you've really seen or been in a street fight before

fuck, that was beautiful

Truth. Boxing teaches you how to predict aggression and respond fast and hard, someone wont get the drop on you unless he sucker punches you to the back of the head. Meanwhile wrestling and Jiu Jitsu teaches you how to rub dicks on the ground until the other guy's buddy decides to join in and heem your retarded, gay face.

And how many of those involved boxers?

>W-w-wait, I am just going to lock in this armbar on your friend here. Please don't stomp me in the head while I lie here on the street and play MMA

MMA-boys in their tapout gear are super effective on the street. You had me there.

>mma fighters are taught to grapple a fair amount

Except all the fucking champions are strikers and the grappler meme lasted for awhile before being knocked the fuck out by kicks and punches.

>generally a skilled mma fighter

All the greatest champions are strikers or grapplers that had a short run before getting exposed by strikers.

Grappling is a meme used to surprise people who aren't used to the style. Kicking or punching someone's head in with speed and agression is still the easiest way to end fights. Grappling is only learned for defence in UFC. Don't even pretend that this isn't true.

you probably think you're really smart.
if the guy you're fighting with has a partner, and they aren't completely inept, you're FUCKED, there's no way you can defend and manage distance against two people, they'll close in and fuck you up. The most likely scenario is that they will throw you into the ground and start kicking your ass. Your best chances are 1) know how to not being taken down and 2) if you get taken down, know how to get into a dominant position so you can get up and run.

Dude, nobody that knows what they're doing is going to try an armbar in a street fight. You clearly don't know shit about grappling, because submissions are only a small part of it. First and foremost, it's about control. Controlling another human being is deeper and more difficult than submissions. A bluebelt has submissions he can finish a blackbelt with if he gets in that position. What he lacks and where he is outclassed massively is his ability to control.

Except if you're a skilled boxer with power and speed you can put them to sleep with one good punch each.

>control in a streetfight
The only possible use of grappling is in case you fall down you know how to defend yourself.
In street fights there aren't rules against rabbit punching your fucking head in while you try to play grabass.

delusional as fuck, if they have any coordination at all in their attack you have zero chance, you can't punch with two hands simultaniously.

What boxer from any weight class could survive 3 rounds in MMA against Stephen Thompson (170), Lyoto Machida (185) or Rory MacDonald (170)?

Who told you this? Wrestling/grappling is by far the best aspect of MMA, it's produced the most champions. Look at Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Frankie Edgar, Rashad Evans, Tito Ortiz, Dan Henderson, Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, GSP. What do all of these fighters have in common? They're wrestlers.

>Grapplers that had a short run
Explain Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, GSP

>If they have any coordination at all in their attack

Boxers have excellent defence and reading of body language. Almost all of the legendary boxers started life as street fighters.
Straight up strikers dominate the MMA for you.

>werestling/grapplin is by far the best aspect of MMA
Where punches to the back of the head are outlawed.

Explain the current situation and why fucking kickboxers are ruling the roost and not fat huggy cunts.
>Taking the amateur era no money fights as 'eras'
The moment there was any money actually involved the strikers moved in like sharks and fucking owned the place.

>muh grappling

It's retarded to be on the ground in a street fight.
It's also retarded to wrestle in a street fight.

Can't really argue this

no reading of body language can erase the fact that every time you throw a punch on someone you're completely exposed to another person to close in, grab you and then it's over, you're down getting soccer kicked in the head by two nobodies with zero fighting skill. No martial arts is reliable against multiple opponents.

Not only that, but nowadays the strikers are all pretty good grapplers too. Even McGregor is a brown belt. When McGregor's grappling wasn't up to par early in his career, he got choked out easily.

Grappling teaches you to avoid getting taken down. It teaches you how to get up if you do get taken down. It teaches you how to go from a bad position to a good position on the ground. It teaches you trips and throws. There are countless self defense situations where grappling experience will help you.

I love boxing, I trained in it myself when I was younger. I think boxing is fantastic for self defense, but it doesn't give you tools for a lot of situations you might find yourself in. If someone is on top of you about to beat you into a coma, boxing has no answer for that. Grappling will *maybe* get you out of that situation, which is better than nothing.

Doesn't mean boxing doesn't have it's use and that it isn't great, just that nowadays we know it's best to be a complete fighter.

T. Never has and never will be in a street fight

It's retarded to be in street fights in the first place. It's not retarded to wrestle in a street fight if you drop your opponent on his head and knock him out. Like another user said, there are countless examples of grapplers defending themselves on the streets in world star hip hop.

Grapplers per division:
HW Top 5: 2
LHW Top 5: 2 (including champion)
MW Top 5: 3
WW Top 5: 2 (including champion)
LW Top 5: 3
FW Top 5: 2
BW Top 5: 1
FLW Top 5: 5 (including champion)

They've hardly 'took over'. Wrestling is by far the best base for any fighter. If you can't grapple and you want to get into MMA, you're in for a bad time.

make that BW Top 5: 2

>grab you and then it's over
No, what happens is you elbow or punch them in the fucking temple or the back of the head as they try to grab you.
The only way grappling would be of use is if you sucker grab someone from the back. A conscious and skilled striker would never allow you to get him from the back.

>no martial arts is reliable against multiple opponents
Grappling is absolutely useless against multiple opponents.

>Grappling teaches you to avoid getting taken down
The best defence for muh takedown is to stomp the idiots head in.
Takedowns don't work in real fights past the element of surprise. Even in the fucking modern MMA all the best fighters only use jiujitsu as a form of defence or desperation manouver.

>wrestling meme
As soon as there was any meaningful money involved the strikers go to the top of the pile.

For street fights:

Krav Maga and Muay Thai > any other martial art.

Footwork, speed and striking >>>>>>>>>> memehug

>Grappling is absolutely useless against multiple opponents.

it's useful because they will take you down easily and if you want any chance of survival you need to learn how to get up.

>useful
Yeah just lay there and get stomped out by my friend while you attempt to memehug.

I've literally just proved that wrong, though. Out of the top 5 greatest MMA fighters of all time, 4 are grapplers.

Anderson Silva - Striker
Jon Jones - Grappler
Cain Velasquez - Grappler
Fedor Emelianenko - Grappler
GSP - Grappler

>top greatest mma fighters
Pre-money great interest 'greats' where it was basically a HEY LOOK OVER HERE THIS ART IS THE STRONGEST meme.
With professionalism and fighters doing nothing but training the story is that boxers learned some defensive jiujistu so they didn't get memed then stand up and fucking punch your head in.

>Yeah just lay there

that's what you would do in that situation because you're a completely idiot who doesn't know how to sweep and would probably give up your back in panick just like conor did againt nate diaz.

>Jon Jones
The only thing he grappled with is a needle.

'Pre-money'
Since when was Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, Fedor Emelianenko and GSP pre-money?

Grappling is a nice way to lay around once you've punched yourself out. Other than that it's useless in a street fight that ends after someone gets fucked in the back of the head or temple once in about two to ten seconds.

>i-it's just fatigue

The absolute state of Conor and MMA queers.

MManlets pay $500 a month to roll around wearing Gracie approved underpants and get mersa. They don't learn to fight, just cuddle.

Elite boxers who can box will rather actually box because they make so much more money.
MMA is dominated by 'grapplers' up until the point that serious money and PPV subscriptions came out in the Rousey/MacGregor era. Now Boxers are busy learning defensive BJJ then quickly become top dog.

contrary to an absolutely widespread and fucking stupid belief engendered by the explosive popularity growth of the UFC during the ~2005-2010 period.... most "real fights" fights do not "end up on the ground"

that whole belief stems from one of the gracies erroneously regurgitating a police statistic on ARRESTS - it was something like 75% of resisted arrest attempts will end up with the officer and the perp wrestling on the ground. Well of course a Gracie is going to misuse such a statistic, out of context, because they were just as much a business dynasty as they were a "martial arts" family.

In reality, most of what people imagine to constitute "street fights" (i.e 2 men having a dominance dispute, so actually not a "street fight" at all which usually involves multiple combatants with weapons and intent to maim or kill, but then english-speaking first worlders are so sheltered that a fist fight seems like high violence to them) begin in punching range and end in punching. Knockouts are quick and usually the result of whichever man gets his punches off quicker and more aggressively

Theres a reason boxing became the dominant combat sport during the early 20th century, and not any other form of fighting, and its not because they didnt know any better contrary to another widespread and stupid belief. (really morons you think wrestling didn't exist, that kicking didn't exist, that chokes and joint manipulations et al didn't exist before 1990? There is absolutely nothing new under the sun).

MMA is actually a return to a time of less specialization in athletes, ironically the early generations of professional boxers cross trained extensively with wrestlers,and you'd generally end up going pro in whichever discipline you were better at (like sensible people do, instead of redditard "we can do it" generational belief that anything is possible for anyone) but the reason boxing became the dominant combat sport of the world is because it was exciting

Ray Mercer also KO'd Tim Sylvia

>Now Boxers are busy learning defensive BJJ
youtube.com/watch?v=z0qkY4oKmRg

Legs are pretty import to boxing techniques, it would be a shame if something happened to them

Unfortunately, and in summary they went something like me walking backwards, they keep chasing/walking after, me throwing a cross which lands decently and keep moving, them stop chasing or otherwise quitting by starting to mouth again, have their friends step between, etc.

Moving in and start grappling them is probably the most retarded thing one can do. End of story.

>skipping leg day

Well they deserve it.
Leg kicks are also striking.In what part of wrestling or BJJ is kicking taught?

They stop becoming boxers if they become competent in more disciplines.

what if they moved in and took you down?

>They stop becoming boxers
Kickboxing is also boxing.

>what if
And this is why it's useless. It's entirely reliant on something unlikely happening to your advantage.

What if you had a gun and just shot the guy?
What if he a streetlight fell on him during the fight?

Can you use your legs to fight in Boxing? No, so it's not fucking Boxing.

>It's not boxing
except that boxing is actually in the title.

>on something unlikely happening to your advantage.

what? why wouldn't multiple people wanting to kick your ass throw you in the ground and not let you run away? they have to be stupid not to try it.

Then you could just double/single leg or ankle pick them (how James Tony lost)
What else has boxing in it that trains takedown defense?

So I guess Unboxing something is Boxing too.

aussies sure love passing for fools

>throw you to the ground
grappling is exclusively a one on one 'martial art'. If you can throw good punches and kicks with power you can damage more than one opponent or stop one in time to deal with another.
If you get brought to the ground by two guys no amount of one on one BJJ black belt tactics will fucking get you out of a beat down. And you're stupid to go to ground at any time against multiple opponents.

>HEY I'M GOOD AT BJJ I CAN TAKE THESE GUYS
No, you punch/kick/run away because you are outnumbered. This is why grappling is useless against multiple opponents.

where's the street?

>you're stupid to go to ground at any time against multiple opponents.

so is every other martial arts

>you're stupid to go to ground at any time against multiple opponents.

it's not your choice, it's theirs.

Nothing, however, a skilled boxer can end a fight with one shot.
>What else has boxing in it that trains takedown defence
Footwork? movement?
You can't catch what you can't get close too.
If you haven't noticed the best boxers don't just rush into a fight their guard is always up and always moving.
The greatest boxers are not known for their knockout power but their footwork and ability to take damage.

If you can put down one opponent in time to deal with another you'll always fight one on one.

I'd throw up a triangle choke and hope the others don't kill me by headstomps.

#grapplinginstreetfights

meant to quote first:
>grappling is exclusively a one on one 'martial art'

>Skilled Boxer can knock out with one punch then stomp the fuck out of you in time to deal with the next person while you try to armbar some retard on the ground while getting stomped to death.

Reminder that Holly Holm got choked out by Miesha Tate

so you wouldn't do shit and have no idea what's the best thing to do in that situation? not that your chances would be great in the first place, but they would be better than zero if you knew how to sweep.

Smack the cunt in the face and run moron.
You don't lie down and fucking let them stomp you out.

>if you can win the lottery with a KO per punch ratio of 1 then you might have a chance

ok lol
there's no fighting with multiple opponents, just run.

>Lottery
>Pro boxer without gloves

Oh you.

It was sarcastic since I can't think of many things that are more stupid than grappling in a street fight.

As already exlained to you, movement and throwing punches is your best bet if you have to fight on the street.

Boxing stances are a gift to takedown artists.
If a boxer or kickboxer modifies their stance to avoid these attempts (apart from just being faster at getting away) then they are using MMA, not a single pure style.

>You don't lie down and fucking let them stomp you out.

How can you get up if you don't know grappling you moron?

>how can you get up
You don't, you get what you deserve for not running away.

throws are also grappling, you don't need to engage on the ground, if the fight gets into a clinch situation judo is very useful

Boxing or Muay Thai in a street fight?

Kickboxing

youtube.com/watch?v=jJUw7OXXGwg

>Lottery

>grappling is useful guys!

if he misses one he's dead

You don't understand what boxers train to do, do you?
That's like saying in BJJ if you miss a takedown you're dead.

>MMA
MMA
>Boxing
Boxing
>Street
Sprint running is always the first option
TKD - if there is space
Muay Thai clinch or Judo - if there is no space

>boxers relentlessly train and hone speed, footwork and accuracy because it's literally about exploiting that one moment your opponent is open to attack.

This exactly, street fighting with multiple opponents is about space management and survival. The best thing to do is run. If you can do enough damage with one strike you do that to create space and run.
BJJ is useful if you get caught by one dude and hope to fuck that the 2nd person isn't close enough to pin you down and run.
Boxer always has a chance because he has enough punching power without gloves to put you to sleep in a milisecond.
And run before you get caught.

pure jiu-jitsu or pure anything is moronic, you're the one here saying grappling is useless, as if the only skill you learned from grappling was take downs and submissions, you learn how to throw, you learn how to not get taken down, you learn how to sweep to get up and run. All of these can be useful in a street fight.

If you're going up against the multiple opponents. Grappling is useless as an offensive move.
There I cleared it up for you.

>beating up a bunch of drunk retards who have no hand to hand training whatsoever is an accurate way to measure boxing vs grappling!!!!!!111

jesus christ i knew that Sup Forums was retarded, but jesus christ

All the 60 year old senile faggot pillow tapper fans are in full force now.

No boxers are ever successful in fighting minus that ultra fluke. Get over ray mercer, he was subbed by kimbo, and verbally tapped after a headkick

so grappling is useful as a defensive move, as in, like a type of self-defense martial art? whoa this can't be!

> take people down fast
that's a death sentence, the last place you want to be in a fight is on the ground, most fights are not 1 on 1 it normally a group of people and even if it is 1 on 1 you will always get that person that comes in with kick to the head while people are fighting.

>self-defense
The best self-defense is not engaging at all.

Daniel Cormier, former UFC LHW champion, also knocked out Lucas Browne, who's an undefeated boxing world champion lol

This

Footwork and evasion > lying down and getting fucked up.

>Inb4 grappling is useful when you're on the ground
Yes, and you're fucking stupid to get on the ground in the first place.