Silence

film of the year; discuss

>jew playing a Christian
DROPPED

In all seriousness the film looks great

>empathising with filthy pope-worshiping c*thoshits

It's going to win the Oscar. It is going to either be this or Moonlight for best picture. Best Director no doubt.

>christkino
>winning an oscar

are you mad?

I feel like a lot of people are put off with the whole catholic edge, when I turned up on premier day at my local I was one of about 10 people in the entire screening.

But the film pulls it off perfectly, on a casual observation you see the catholic padres as persecuted and trying to bring hope to the oppressed, but as the film drags on and more and more "martyrs" die while the padre's just look on your mind starts to shift especially in regards to the MC's logic. In the second half of the film after one of the padres is captured you see things from the shogun point of view albeit indirectly through the torture and suffering, so the film is incredibly well balanced in how it can push your mind to shift alongside the unfolding events.

all in all give it a watch anons, it's an actual good movie that has a religious base for once.

I've yet to see it. Might venture out to the cinema depending on how much of that cash I have. Yay or Nay?

Not mad at all senpai, I can't wait to see it. Martin Scorsese is one of the greatest directors alive. To think he almost became a priest before he pursued filmmaking is crazy to think about. Marty is the GOAT mate.

Liam Neeson was one of the weaker performances I felt, he performed his role well but it was nothing amazing.

Garfield did much better I think

If you have any interest in history or remotely weeb stuff give it a watch

Waiting for a torrent.

Shinoda's 1971 version is better

Yeah, but this is the Oscars. They tagged an okay film and gave it best film because it makes the church look bad and reminds people about the scandal. No way in hell they give this the award, Assassin's Creed is more likely to win

Reviews saying it's way too long. How much of an endurance test is this?

I have seen reviews by that but its 2hrs and 41mins according to imdb which isn't too insane. They are saying its kinda a slow film though so that might be why.

How slow is this then, tranquilizer grade?

>limited release

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT. EVERY FUCKING TIME.
WHAT THE FUCK IS SCORSSE THNKING HE NEVER DID THAT TO HIS OTHER MOVIES WHY NOW??

looks like im watching rouge one instead

Who knows. I probably like a slow film more than most people though so I'm still pretty excited.

My local kinoplex isn't playing this glorious movie. I am upset.

>about portuguese priests
>opens in Portugal January 19th
>that's my birthday
feels pretty good tBh

Poortugal you are greatest ally

t.britbong

you forgot to sign off with

t. alberto barbosa

Is this Christkino?

thanks for the (You)'s lads, have one yourselves :3
t. alberto barbosa

What kinda shithole do you have? Even my small Kinoplex that shows ballet has it.

It's not winning best picture or any major awards at the Academy due to its religious context. AMPAS loves Marty and his movies so Silence will garnish a lot of nominations, but it will be left with little to no awards in the end. That is to say, AMPAS voters favor movies like Moonlight, Manchester by the Sea and especially La La Land over Silence which all three films has more recognition and praise from critics and audiences.