Is he right?

this is the dude who produced the weeknds first three mixtapes. he believes music will be created by AI and algorithms in the future, and it will cease to be a market for humans. of course this could be said of anything, but what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.fr/us/google-ai-experiment-plays-piano-duets-neural-networks-2017-2/
futurism.com/the-worlds-first-album-composed-and-produced-by-an-ai-has-been-unveiled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who cares

people won't want to listen to artificially created music as anything more than a novelty. same with art and cuisine. people want the human element.

sounds like you should be on a different board faggot lmao

This is like that time in music when synthesizers stepped in and people were going apeshit about "OMG THE COMPUTARS ARE MAKING MUSIC MUSIC WILL BE REPLACED BY A MACHINE".
Even if that's the case, a human will still have to program and have a decent amount of input into this bullshit.
AI might have some type of influence in the music business, but not the extend that people will easily be replaced in the industry.
People will still go out to see bands perform, people will still want to engage in the experience of listening to music right on the spot, so let's not overreact.

i said the same thing user and i still stand by it

That's the shit you start to believe when you only listen to trap music

this but even trap has some sembelance of humanity and personality. the biggest figures in the scene are as large as they are because of their individuality, regardless of how gay that sounds. people want characters in music (if the music itself is lacking at least)

While this may be possible, I don't think that it would drastically change things.

I think that there will still be a strong demand for something with a human element as people have said. While an AI can use an algorithm to randomly and infinitely, it won't have the "heart" of any composer in it.

Think of it this way, we'll have fully functional self-driving cars in the future but people will still want to drive themselves because of the human experience of driving a car. Not that dissimilar.

It takes a white mind to put lipstick on straight up nigger music, which is what you just did. Stop debasing yourself with that garbage, user.

I agree.
Then again, we should welcome AI in the world of music, I do believe that it could affect the more experimental field, albeit people will still be involved. It's worth to try, I personally see potential. It's music, not a nuclear test.

Ugh. You sound exhausting to be around

thats the most retarded thing ive heard all day senpai, all i was essentially saying was that the scene has some pretty memorable and memeable figureheads, which is a big deal when it comes to staying relevant and in the spotlight in the eyes of millennials

who the fuck are you?

most likely. There have already been experiments to have AI make music. I have actually thought about this too.

Basically the future is going to be like a mix of the virtual band Gorrlliaz, vocoloid, and AI

Damon was way ahead of his time, people dont realize it.

They will have some program an AI to make music, the music will be presented live through holograms, or in animated music videos.

The next stage of pop music is to completely remove the human element on stage.

In the back there will be teams of computer programmers, song writers, and producers, all working together to create music through the use of AI. it will be sold and packaged through a puppet hologram, cartoon, cgi.

These characters will get their own tv shows, merch, movies.

Maybe there might still be DJ's.

But rappers, singers, and people who play instruments are going to be replaced by robots.

A lot of shit is invented everyday

The essence stay the same

You like music because it's something in you, before you.

It's not a novelty

>this is the dude who produced the weeknds first three mixtapes.
Poor bastard got kicked to the curb when Weeknd got famous.

Though in all fairness he can take pride in the fact he produced Weeknd's only good projects.

Absolutely. There will be practically no useful jobs for humans in 15-20 years.

Maybe in their minimalist and simplistic genre. In other genres the human touch is important and complex.

>Individuality
That shit is like the Nazi party

>You better be this color skin, your girl this one, put on this hairstyle, this clothing brands only, these tattoos, this much jewelry, this past, this slang, and this addictions. Don't fit in? You must be racist

If this is of concern to you, then get fucked for listening to corporate plants. How about you go looking for musicians instead of performers

Human artists will still exist but nobody will listen to them.

you cannot teach a robot creativity and innovativeness. you cannot teach it to take what's already been done and create something brand new and unique from it.
people who actually believe this shit are the most inane, boring people irl. we're nowhere near the level of technology required to recreate the inner mechanisms of the brain, a machine that has been developed over 3 BILLION years (count em) of evolutionary necessity. the hubris this kind of thinking demonstrates is obvious.

i mean why do you think they are doing things were there is like a tupac hologram, they tried that prince hologram.
Or like hatsune miku.

This technology is in its infancy.

I mean even if you went back to the early 90's and told someone you went to a hologram concert and recorded it with your smart phone they would think you were some character from a cyber punk novel.

What will this tech be like 50 years from now?

Imagine combining holograms, with AI, with like an animation studio, and an invisible team of writers and producers. And have them churn out hits that will be sent to the radio (also automated) and be played by DJ's in clubs. There will be special events where you can watch your favorite waifu hologram perform. You will buy the merch, you will watch the cartoon.

The future is really fucking dystopia for human musicians if you havent thought about it.

He is right, and it is only a minor step in the inevitable acceleration of capitalism.
Moreover, the technology is already there anyway. It is only going to get increasingly refined as you humans get more and more irrelevant.
businessinsider.fr/us/google-ai-experiment-plays-piano-duets-neural-networks-2017-2/
futurism.com/the-worlds-first-album-composed-and-produced-by-an-ai-has-been-unveiled/

Kiss Land is great pleb filter (or would be if he didn't sell out afterwards)

Eh, you're placing too much faith on the advancement of AI. It'll happen but it's going to be more like 100 years.

Imagine composing a symphony of AIs. You could get them to play literally any sound at any speed or frequency. Some amazing, beautiful things could be accomplished.

Still you're going to give credit to the human directing them at the end of the day

>Kiss Land is great pleb filter (or would be if he didn't sell out afterwards)
I unironically agree. His tweets about Bitcoin were disappointing, to say the least.

I doubt it. Most pop music is popular because of the human behind it. Do you think Beyonce would be famous if there wasn't the image of Beyonce behind the music?

thats because he produces shit music that could be made by an AI because its so dumb and stupid

I'll put lipstick on you before I shove this quadroon dick in your mouth, my man

>you cannot teach a robot creativity and innovativeness
This isnt about robots its about software.
You dont seem to know what your talking about.
And creativity and innovativeness can be taught
to software but its of course its more effective to
make it learn it by itself.

>we're nowhere near the level of technology required to recreate the inner mechanisms of the brain, a machine that has been developed over 3 BILLION years (count em) of evolutionary necessity
neural networking does have similarities to a brain in the way signals are passed between nodes through weighted synapses, but actually recreating brains or knowing everything about them isnt necessary for the advances in AI to do shit relevant to this subject.

>3 BILLION years (count em)
Eukaryotes have only been around for 2 billion years (by the smaller 10^9 definition of billion) and they aint have no multicellular organs back then.
If you meant to count form the origin of life then you might as well say that AI has been developed over 3 BILLION years.

>people who actually believe this shit are the
most inane, boring people irl
how come boring? havent heard this one before

>This isnt about robots its about software.
It's about a blend of both. Software is the means by which reality will be processed, but robots are the appendages reality will use to modify itself through software.

500 IQ

>Imagine composing a symphony of AIs. You could get them to play literally any sound at any speed or frequency
so what you are saying is
>IMAGINE USING A DITIAL AUDIO INTERFACE

you do need hardware to run the software
but writing music and synthesizing sound can all be done without robotics
of course you can make robotics to use intruments and such

no technology can replace the passion, soul, and raw energy that can be expressed by human musicians, especially in a live or improvisational setting

What exactly is that "human element" though? If an AI was convincingly recreating "human music," to the point where you couldn't tell it was created by an AI unless you were told, which I think is part of what the OP is getting at, what then? Maybe like says, people would still enjoy the novelty of going to see performances, but that wouldn't be too hard of an experience to recreate with hardware/software anyway. We already had the Tupac hologram, so we're probably not all that far away.
No, it's a reality of audio technology. Our computers already reproduce the sounds of acoustic instruments, there's no reason to think they won't get better at producing them.
Again, what is this "human element"/"heart"? You can't argue that computers will never be able to recreate it if you can't explain what exactly it is and why it's not quantifiable.
>you cannot teach a robot creativity and innovativeness
This is more of a philosophical point than a practical one. We don't need to necessarily teach them "creativity," just something that approaches/emulates creativity. Machine learning and neural networks are hot topics right now; we are effectively in the process of programming computers than can emulate creativity.
>a machine that has been developed over 3 BILLION years
Aside from the fact that that's the wrong number, it's not really all that relevant. We're not trying to recreate the inner mechanisms of the brain. We're trying to create something that can effectively emulate those mechanisms. Our brains had to develop to ensure our survival and were limited by human physiological/biological limits - computers do not have these limits. They are fundamentally different from us, and we know that.
If this is the case, what's gonna happen when we create something that fulfills the same psychological needs in fans that human Beyonce does? Social media probably tells us more than enough about the emotions she elicits.

I'm sorry but I AM NOT reading all of that user

listen i think hiphop (especially modern trap music) is shallow nihilistic hedonist shit, but you must admit the reason why so many young people, especially teenagers are drawn to hiphop
rappers have such exaggerated personalities, they are legitimately just like WWE wrestlers, with their trash talk, costumes, literal catch phrases and branding

This whole post.

The post that suggests that Beyonce is irreplaceable is funny. Maybe it was a pun on her song title. For all you know, many of these songs are already being generated by machines, they just stick a pretty face in front. The "algorithm" was already refined by the Max Martins and Dr Lukes and all the faceless Euro producers, it's not that much of a stretch to literally "codify" it. Hell, maybe some machine learning god somewhere has done it already and sold it to Sony.