Are there any movies where the bad guy is actually the good guy?

Are there any movies where the bad guy is actually the good guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLflLdIJeMw
youtube.com/watch?v=acA16XIG-Gk
nytimes.com/2016/12/18/books/review-debriefing-the-president-tears-into-the-cia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all of star wars

those anti mutant fags from xmen
Some dude being able to bend ur bullet into a straw and then shoving it up your asshole with his mind is definitely not going to end well for you

I would probably say blade runner too

Define what you mean by good guy though, because its easier to go from there

Transcendence.

District 9

Saddam was a bad guy that did bad things

Only God Forgives

>politics baiting thread
yeah no

Are you sure about that?

Grew up hearing this.
Have anything that says otherwise?

Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood)
The Last Samurai (Samurai were pricks)
The Matrix (we started it)
Any mob film (FBI are the good guys)
Westerns
Most Rob Zombie films
Hmmm....what else...
Blade Runner arguably

Saddam was a bad guy. The other guys were worse.

I don't give a fuck even if saddam was a bad guy. Under his leadership iraq was more stable and would've easily destroyed groups like isis, also preventing the huge refugee flow which is damaging Europe. Murica just wanted to fuck iraqs shit up and direct their oil "properly"

Fuck off americans for destroying his nation. Muricans are nation wreckers, nothing else

regardless of how bad other people in the region are, explain how being a brutal totalitarian dictator who starved his own people isnt being a bad guy

american here, agree with this. iraq war was bush trying to look good for daddy and cheney trying to open up iraq oil fields to the " world market" ie american oil companies

meant for

Inb4 Sup Forums comes to blame the left for cancer

He and gaddafi may have been dictators, but they were necessary

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLflLdIJeMw

Those people will tear each other apart because one group uses smelly soaps while they pray. Saddam brought stability to a region that so desperately craved war with each other. As soon as he was removed from power you have the Kurds stirring up even more shit in Iraq and Turkey, and an extremely fanatical group has now risen to power in his death and threatens to place the entire Middle East under an even more oppressive regime.

What did you expect

They are cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=acA16XIG-Gk

Le dictators are good because power vacuum meme!

>saddam
>not based gaddafi

>explain how being a brutal totalitarian dictator who starved his own people isnt being a bad guy
You mean like Oliver Cromwell?

Reminder that Based Saddam was the only person who could keep these savages under control.

Fuck the USA and their lackeys.

>dubya tries destroying Iraq thinking it will leave Iran wide open for an invasion
>The result of the Iraq invasion only made Iran stronger and more influential in the middle east
POTTERY

Maybe...

>he thinks bush was going to invade iran

Bush and Obama are the reason refugees are ruining be Europe. Fucking America, why do they ruin something

How could you even argue that Walter or Tony did nothing wrong without flat out rejecting morality and the concept of "wrong" in general?

*everything

The people Sadaam was starving was ISIS and Al Qaeda.

Saudi Arabia are the true bad guys.

there sure is senpai

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

Of coursh, the US government is owned by Israel and Saudi Arabia

>Murica just wanted to fuck iraqs shit up and direct their oil "properly"
Educate yourself.

Elsyisum

Schindler's list

A Time to Kill.
Not that I expect the children and man children here to know any movie older than a decade that wasn't a blockbuster.

Dude, it's been 13 years, it's not a secret anymore. Iraq was a chess move of imperial conquest for the gain of construction, finance, arms and oil companies that rule our nation. Also to make sure they sold their oil in US dollars.

14 years excuse me.

For the record, I accept the necessity of that behavior and don't oppose it, but reality is reality. Plans for an Iraqi invasion were being put together in September or October 2001.

Iraq has had several democratic elections, they are free elect any government that wants to nationalise oil and trade it in Renmimbi or whatever, they just choose not to.

>His most astonishing discovery was that by the time of the United States-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003, Hussein had turned over the day-to-day running of the Iraqi government to his aides and was spending most of his time writing a novel. Hussein described himself to Mr. Nixon as both president of Iraq and a writer, and complained to Mr. Nixon that the United States military had taken away his writing materials, preventing him from finishing his book. Hussein was certainly a brutal dictator, but the man described by Mr. Nixon was not on a mission to blow up the world, as George W. Bush’s administration had claimed to justify the invasion.

>Regarding Iraq’s supposed weapons of mass destruction, the justification for the 2003 invasion, Hussein admits to Mr. Nixon that it was a mistake for him not to make clear before the war that he had long since gotten rid of them. “Saddam turned philosophical when asked how America got it so wrong about weapons of mass destruction,” Mr. Nixon writes. He quotes him as saying that “the spirit of listening and understanding was not there … I don’t exclude myself from this blame.”

>Hussein never understood the United States, and Mr. Nixon describes him as repeatedly mystified by American intentions in the Middle East. After the Sept. 11 attacks, Hussein fatally misread how America would react. He thought the attacks would bring the United States and Iraq closer together to jointly combat Islamic extremists.

>The findings from Mr. Nixon’s interrogations of Hussein that cast doubt on the Bush administration’s original justifications for the war, Mr. Nixon says, were ignored by senior officials at the C.I.A. and the White House. “The policy makers at the White House and the leadership on the seventh floor at the C.I.A. didn’t want to hear that many of the reasons for going after Saddam were based on false premises,” he writes.

nytimes.com/2016/12/18/books/review-debriefing-the-president-tears-into-the-cia.html

>Iraq has had several democratic elections
So has North Korea

Rigging political outcomes has been a regular MO of our nation since 1945. You're naive as fuck if you think we never meddled enough to steer outcomes.

America actually failed to privatise Iraq's oil industry.

Saddam genocided the mostly secular Kurds and tacitly supported Sunni Islamists.

Assad, the actual good guy does the opposite.

>Rig election
>Still somehow fuck up.
How are Americans this bad at everything?

Narc

or was he

I don't mean our own elections, I mean of other countries. We can manufacture revolutions out of nothing and create a coup while maintaining plausible deniability, pre-determining the outcome of elections in a nation that we occupy militarily is nothing.

What did Joel mean by this?

huh, neat

thanks user

Why is Arabic so retarded.

BTFO!

IDK if that's actually true or if Coen's would've known even if it were, but it's too good to fact check.
It's quite possibly just because the movie takes place during the Gulf War and they thought it would be funny.

The latter, yeah. The former, sorta but no.

>artificially rationed healthcare, post-scarcity
>whites alongside beaners discarded to jewish corporate overlords for literally no reason

t. pegida

Not yet but the inevitable oscar winning biopic on donald trump

You forgot one.

He literally and unironically dindu nuffin.