What the fuck happened to rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQObIQ63T0
youtube.com/watch?v=belxYtAeqV8
youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdy_8A4pWk
youtube.com/watch?v=KlTJdvIuETo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

keep posting this thread every day and rock will be saved in no time

Same thing that will happen to you - it died.

>Rock is dea-

If you don’t consider currents to be top 3 albums of 2010s you need to go the fuck back to plebbit

Kek what a bunch of soyboys

Rock was a display of white male "masculinity" in the civil rights/post-civil rights era, that all went out the window when White Women saw how masculine men from other races were. Why would anyone want to watch pussy white guys LARP as real men when it's clearly a farce.

These little dick faggots tried to look tough by breaking guitars and shit lmao

this is a work in progress, it took me like 9000000 hours in ms paint.

rock, indie, and metal of the 2010's chart

NOW FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD STOP MAKING THESE FUCKING THREADS

It went back to being alternative music and thank fuck for that because the decades when rock was mainstream was also its worst decades in terms of meme bands and sheer embarrassment.

>Rock was a display of white male "masculinity" in the civil rights/post-civil rights era

No I don't think it was that at all

What's the album with the ice cream cone lit up in neon lights with the Japanese characters beneath the U2 one?

imagine making this post
imagine being the guy who made this post
imagine the deep insecurity the guy who makes posts like this must have

Blur - The Magic Whip

Blur The Magic Whip

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQObIQ63T0

Massive amounts of soy consumption, bovine growth hormones, junk food, technology progressing at massively expanding rates, lower education standards.

Basically people becoming unintelligent and soft skinned, the musicians in the 70s actually had skills because they didn't have videogames and internet to distract them, so they could pour more of their soul into their music.

>Green Day
>Manson

I do find it a little disconcerting that there hasn't been any new major bands in the last 25 years.

>No names next to albums
>Not just using topsters2
Really shiggys my diggy
3/11, I investigated

Look at all of those trash albums.

way to cherry pick shit and ignore tame impala, the 1975, 21 pilots, king gizzard, etc

What do you get out od doing shit like this bro?
seriously?

I said major bands dude, and 21 pilots are meme pop definitely not rock

Twenty One Pilots and Post-Hiatus Fall Out Boy are not rock

>lol rock is dead

posts a bunch of rock albums

>lol those suck
>not rock

Your hatred for rock borders on irrationality

By the way.

Incubus come back album is underrated as fuck and there is a perfect song aimed at psychos like you

youtube.com/watch?v=belxYtAeqV8

king gizzard are irrelevant. they sell absolutely nothing and are probably living in poverty. they are not a major band.

*Reverb instensifies*

>On February 12, 2017, Twenty One Pilots won a Grammy Award for "Stressed Out" in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category.
>Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category.
>Pop

Your definition of what rock is reminds me of old shitty record store from the 90s where literally everything was thrown into a Pop/Rock category so you had Celine Dion in the same row as Cannibal Corpse.

Also weren't they bullied by the crowd at the warped tour? How much of an out-of-place pop pussy do you have to be to get bullied by a bunch of emo teenagers at the warped tour? Maybe it wasn't them it was some other dubstep duo or whatever.

See. you have some psychosis. You are presented with a pile of rock albums made in this decade. some old bands some new one and you start to REEEEEEEEEEE.
I really think you have something wrong with your head

Why hasn't any modern day rock band tried imitating Led Zeppelin?

>and you start to REEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't, I just made the observation that there hasn't been any new major rock bands in the last 20 years, and then someone else also pointed out that 21 pilots is pop music

The Stone Roses - Second Coming
The Cult - Electric
The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up
Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising
Soundgarden - at least a third of their entire output
Pearl Jam - at least a third of their entire output
The Black Crowes - literally fucking everything

they're hard to imitate.

what does zoso means anyway?

Has anyone else listened to this masterpiece?

>lulu

lmao what? tame impala is one of reddit's favorite bands

I don't think anyone really knows, the symbol itself can be traced back some Italian mathematician/occultist's book in the 1500s where it was used to represent Saturn.

mark e smith death

Greta Van Fleet made their fame by copying Led Zeppelin to a T.
On mobile so can't post link, but look em up

Oh shit, you weren't kidding. They're pretty good, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdy_8A4pWk

There's been plenty of good to great modern dad rock bands. It's just that, though. There's nothing new really being done, it's all aping the old shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KlTJdvIuETo

but why hasnt there been nearly any good rock, not just dad rock made in the last 15 years?

>musicians in the 70s actually had skills
yes it took so much skill for AC/DC to play open and power chords

>AC/DC is representative of every hard rock band

executives and other higher ups realized rap/hip-hop was almost equal to regular pop in terms of providing something that is easily digestible for the masses; as well as being less expensive overall in comparison to your typical rock band.
you can see this too with how unabashedly they promote it everywhere, TRL is basically a show dedicated to playing everything but rock nowadays.

i don't know if it's intentional though.

Band is normie garbage.

Are there any other albums that sound like Led Zeppelin III?

this unironically. even if you spend the same amount of money on equipment its a lot easier to carry around than a fucking bands worth of instruments in the case of touring. Rap and pop are perfect for advertising expensive clothing and cars, and since most vocalists dont participate in actually making the music it gives them more time to be celebrities, thus keeping themselves relevant.

Pic related op.............

This is hilarious. So not only do you not understand that pop and rock experience quite a bit of overlap, but you're admitting that the Grammys are your arbiter for what genre things are. The Grammys gave Jethro Tull a Grammy for Best Metal Record.

alright lets do zeppelin then
>barre chords
>palm mute open E string
>bends and pull-offs
>I-IV-V
music has always been simple get over it

Everyone talks about the death of rock is missing out on one key thing: it's hard to make rock music. You have to buy an instrument, learn it over many years, usually a lifetime, and even then you can only form one third, or one quarter of a rock band. How many kids today are learning drums, guitar, or any non-rock instrument? I don't know but I don't think it's very many. It's hard to learn an instrument. It takes a very long time. I don't think today's youth has the patience or determination to dedicate that much time into something that you're only seeing marginal improvements.

I always thought Guitar Hero would launch a generation of rock stars because it genuinely made a lot of people pick up instruments. Obviously I wrong.

d

>it's another reddit pretends to be Sup Forums by bashing reddit episode

I was 15 when Guitar Hero came out, got my first guitar at 16.

Dad rock is unironically what sparked me to pick up an instrument.

This chart is garbage but I appreciate the effort you went through to make it so have a (You)

We're out there, we just suck for now

Every genre loses it's spot at the top eventually. Hip Hop took its place, and eventually another genre will replace hip hop, so on and so forth.

Rock is hardly dead though, you can find it everywhere.

What genre is next at the top? Does it exist yet?